Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Phil I Buster

VIP Member
John is a good egg for calling out CM for saying Dave is Judas. He’s a right prick. I used to listen to the morning show (for some reason) and it feels like he just bullies the rest of the team.
Loved that. Fair play to him. Can’t stand Chris Moyles. The man steals a living

Reactions: 5

SwishSwing

VIP Member
This reminds me of a guy who used to post on twitter, he kept coming up for me because a guy I followed interacted with him. Anyway, it was a constant cycle of "I'm so skint, I can't get a job, I have nowhere to live, no food to eat" etc etc and then all of a sudden he's been offered a live in job. Great. But needs money to tide him over until his first wage. Then boom, a week or so in, the job hasn't worked out and now he has two days to find somewhere else to live.

Honestly it was unbelievable. If you didn't know he had form for it. You could be lured in.

As it stood he had done this on many many different variations of his page and was obviously a scammer and thankfully I haven't seen his face or pages similar for a couple of years. But sadly I don't think thsts because he was caught but merely he's going under a different name.

And sadly this kind of thing burns people to do good sometimes.

I'm sympathetic to the plight everyone is going through just now but quite frankly can't give to everyone and don't know who's genuine so I donate in different ways as I can. It feels awful sometimes scrolling past some posts.

With the PCD group, I think they see it as a tight group of comrades who they can go to.

Like the Distant Pod fans, they are all really tight and if Mike, Elis or Stef posted a gofundme they endorsed, fans would donate for sure.

For example, I recall seeing someone post on twitter about not being able to go and see the distant pod live show because they couldn't afford it and their comments were flooded with "I'll buy you a ticket mate come with me" and when I had an extra seat for mine I offered it up to anyone on the group without wanting anything for it (but bizarrely noone took me up on it, which I won't take personally).

Hard to explain, but it's hard not to feel like that could be exploited. Especially when Elis and John (and the delightful Dave) are so bloody lovely, so obviously the vibe will be that their fans are (and they are, broadly save a few absolute tubes).

Anyway sorry. Rant over.

• Heart

adviseplz

VIP Member
He’s waiting for compensation from an accident surely takes months/years?
Good point. I think matey needs to spend time finding a proper income instead of relying on strangers to send him money
---
I’ve left the group, can’t be dealing with the beggars and people who enable that behaviour. I’ll join @SeptemberCatLady in the bad egg club.

• Heart

just lurking 99

The opening exchange discussing a new addition to the James/Suttie household (animal not human) was quite funny between Elis, Lou and Dave; however the rest was kind of standard Lou fare. I’ll be honest, she doesn’t irritate me to the point I can’t listen but after genuine laugh out loud moments last week with Eevo/Eyevo, I did groan a bit at her being announced.
In the interest of billy balance, I have listened to it this morning, and I think LS is a lot more bearable when she has Elis as a foil. He's definitely the calming influence, which obvs works really well with John, and also Ivo/Evo, and now I'd say Lou too. I might be a bit of a convert! Well, probably not, but just thought I should say something a bit more positive 😁
---
I recommend subscribing to anything the School of Life puts out - their advice is usually spot on. It’s mainly a newsletter and YouTube videos.

This Worry Audit video they really shared has helped me so much.

OMG what a great video - such sensible advice!

SwishSwing

VIP Member
I’ll be listening whilst driving past John’s house…🔺🍉 something that always makes me feel weird and guilty. I know it shouldn’t but I always turn the volume down. What if he heard himself 🤪

*it is on a route I take often, I’m not a stalker I swear
I have similar. Not John (I wish) but a guy I dated. A quicker route to get to my parents house passes his, and each time I try to nip past without being seen (as though he just sits at his window watching cars drive past haha) but I always think if he sees my car he'll think I'm stalking him 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4

CocoCottesmore

I don't think there's enough support for Lou to be a co presenter (not that it's going to a vote or indeed even happening). Some people unfortunately just don't like her (which is a huge shame). If it was Ivo Graeme then maybe. I'm still a #shaggingtruther

Madeofeyes

Chatty Member
So glad it been announced. It’s why a few tour dates were moved etc. I am so excited. I assume Alex was waiting for him to be sober.

SwishSwing

VIP Member
They're hardly going to bring in people they don’t know for a live stream.
No, but surely they have more people in their phones they could ask instead of always going to Ivo and Lou.

I mean... just how empty are their diaries that they can step in to everything (thinking about the calendar shoot specifically).

Don't get me wrong I like Ivo. Lou less so, but it's constant and samey.

adviseplz

VIP Member
I’ve only been able to listen to about 15 mins of this weeks podcast but after being a die-hard #shaggingtruther (and probably willing to put a substantial bet of £100 on it) I’m now not too sure..

PS the intro reminded me… @CocoCottesmore please share your tax calendar pics thus far 🙏

PPS something about the pic @liveatthechapel insta has posted of John et al. has got me feeling… Oh my. Must’ve been a gun show.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow

SwishSwing

VIP Member
Any chance we can get a look at the photos? I really didn't want another calendar in my life, but I really want to see the pics! ;)
If no-one else does this tonight I can do in morning!

I simply had to buy it but now it's here I do realise I didn't need a third one and have really no place for it 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Heart

SwishSwing

VIP Member
Me too! And Sacred Cow 😂

Winner Stays On gave us ‘Fridge magnet with sad written on it’ ❤
I have one of these!

I also have the "I'd rather drink alone for the rest of time than spend my life sober amongst people" one (and also in print form on the wall).

They're talking points for sure.

• Heart

foxwarren

VIP Member
I hope they used a good picture of me 😂. ‘ You were just surrounding yourself with people who were getting hammered, like you.’ This really sums up the skewed relationship some have with addictive behaviours. Glad that he has found peace with it.

I wish he would perform outside Dublin though. So many people book Dublin and call it their Irish performance. There are 5 million of us here!!

Last edited:
  • Haha