Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Snrub

What I really liked about that from Elis is that he presumably followed his instinct that listening to people talking about going to the gym is actually really fucking boring to listen to. (Sorry John).

I did like how excited John got when he found out though

Reactions: 11

SwishSwing

VIP Member
Not me crying reading John's latest Instagram post.

It takes a strong person to share those kinds of thoughts with not only another person in private but with the public, so many of us who adore him.

I so hope he continues to find the peace he deserves.

(and not because the sight of feet freak me out)

• Heart
Reactions: 10

adviseplz

VIP Member
For ages, the lid of my Brita jug has been covered in limescale and water marks and I kept scrubbing to try and get it off, but no luck. What has finally worked? Two words.... white wine vinegar.

• Haha

Applina89

I can’t believe I’ve skipped over this thread because I thought it was for the Pussycat Dolls 😂
I’m a Retro Oner and PCD. I’ve met Elis and he’s properly lovely. I got into their Radio X show in about 2015/2016 and it’s lush to see how far they’ve come.

• Heart

adviseplz

VIP Member
Hey PCD’ers, I need a new kitchen… my current kitchen leaves me unmotivated to cook and as a result I might starve to death. If you’d be willing to donate even just £50 to my gofundme it’ll help me greatly. I hope it’s ok that I leave this link here, it’s just because we like the same podcast and this is such a positive space that I think you might be willing to help me. Love you guys and Elis, John and Dave

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Phil I Buster

VIP Member
The whole thing about go fund me and stuff is just too far. As you've all said, it starts off innocently enough and then becomes too much.

When the sports podcast Elis does had a tour, there would be people saying on twitter "oh I'd love to go but can't afford it" then other people would offer to buy tickets for them and stuff. Like, sweet of people to offer but I felt like it became a bit... maybe not expected but "oh maybe someone will feel sorry for me".

One of them in particular would comment similar when new merch was released and stuff too and it just made me uncomfortable.

I don't have twitter now either so not sure if they're still doing it, or if they're active on the PCD FB group but sadly, I wouldn't be surprised.
The thing is, show me anyone who isn’t having a tough time. My husband and I are doing IVF and all fun things have taken a back seat because we just can’t afford them. Would I liked to have seen John’s tour? Yes. But I recognised that right now I’m not in a position to spend. And I move on. I think it preys on a group of people who have bought into the “if you like E&J you must be good guys”.

(not setting up a gofundme for my IVF don’t worry 🤣)

• Heart

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
Tonight I came out to my brother as queer. He…came out right back. He’s the first person I’ve ever said it to in person. I just had to tell someone. The tax new year affects us all in different ways, eh! How did you all celebrate?

• Heart

Gentlemensrelish

Chatty Member
I like Ivo episodes (I'm not taking umbrage at anyone's comments, I'm not an Ivo apologist) - I think it's a fun shift where Elis is forced to be the somewhat sensible one and Ivo is the silly sausage but Elis isn't particularly good at being the sensible one and a lovely air of chaos descends.

It's no Johnny JR but it fills a happy two hours. Drew Peacock chaos was Good Stuff.

• Haha

Phil I Buster

VIP Member
Oh my goodness!! My people. I’ve found you on Tattle! How nice to have some good people to talk about amidst all the horrors we normally deal with.

Retro One-r far too many times over, live vibe chaser etc etc. Husband takes the piss out of the fact I refer to them as if I know them.

John’s post was beautiful. I always feel oddly proud of him and Elis (and Dave). I am hoping for nothing but good things for him.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Gentlemensrelish

Chatty Member
I tried to join the PCDs the other day and the admin denied me entry so it's a bit fucking rich of them to sit in their little group complaining about not being able to join another little group.

I enjoyed the pod very much on the basis that it was exactly the same as the old pod and the great reset has had zero impact on my life. Also lovely to see Johnny JR looking so well.

• Wow

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
Double posting like a twat but I cannot contain my anger any longer. On a daily basis I see posts in the PCD group asking what time John’s tour show starts/ends. Fuck me. How do these people function on a daily basis?

Anyway John’s one year sobriety post was bloody lovely yesterday wasn’t it.

• Haha

bizwizz89

The PCD group on Facebook really has gone down the pan hasn’t it. Rejoined FB to get in touch with one of my cousins and someone has posted a photo of a phone booth which they deem smells of piss. Probably *relevant*. Anyway, who am I to judge. Potato.
---
I don’t mean to moan by the way - just find it all a bit ‘meta’ now and everyone just chucks what they want up there. A complete and utter minefield from when we all started the group x
---
I do mean to moan actually 😂
---

adviseplz

VIP Member
Patty parliament: People who type simple questions into fb groups when the answer can be easily googled.

Punishment: they’re not allowed access to the internet for a month, and will have to rely on an encyclopaedia for any research. (Tattlers withstanding)

IMG_8535.jpeg

• Haha