Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

adviseplz

VIP Member
He was much better than I’d expected, it was a spur of the moment decision to go on my own and it was great! But I’d never noticed before then. I do prefer him to Lou I think though, he’s a bit more low key!
Love that you went on your own!! 💪🏽

Sorry if I’ve highlighted something no one else noticed before 😬

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
ha no not comedy, beer related groups which are a bit toxic at the best of times anyway
Fascinating. I LEFT the beer groups years ago 🍉 because of the toxicity on there. It actually somewhat frustrates me that two cis white males (JR and RA) don't use TMUW to talk about breweries run by marginalised folk & those not hugely represented in the beer scene. This, coupled with copious mentions of fucking brewdog, tiny rebel etc, particularly in the beginning, pissed me off. There are SO many fantastic breweries that they could be shouting about, but alas. Was great to hear Sam Smith's get their comeuppance in one episode tho!

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
Moderation or total abstinence? Adrian Chiles and John Robins talk honestly about their drinking

Reading between the lines a lot here, but is it just me that feels like JR is telling Adrian he’s basically an alcoholic around the middle part? Seems to then claw it back around the time he starts talking in terms of having two drinks then stopping. Thought it was an interesting piece but it could have been more thorough and to the point. Feels a bit ‘so what’.

Slop n slide

Have you seen this? It's so funny (note how much they've had to drink at the beginning of the clip!! I think John has stopped drinking rum now?):

Javert

Welcome! I used to be in Sidebar but left about a year ago? When I got in it was very easy to get into and then yes, it became ridiculous IIRC. It was a nice wee crowd. Secret Santas were a highlight 🤣
I think someone suggested it could be a place folk from the main group could join and they were shut RIGHT down.

adviseplz

VIP Member
I know what you mean… it feels a bit of a character to me - the bumbling posh guy. He’s so pretty, though, so I forgive him 🤣. Especially on Task Master when I can actually see his face 😜
There was one bit where John did his character and he sounded just like Ivo 2 minutes before. However, he has redeemed himself somewhat with Yo Shoeshi 👌🏽

Phil I Buster

VIP Member
Having a very Elis and John adjacent evening tonight. Just watched the Ronnie OSullivan documentary and now just going to watch a documentary about the story of XFM. Might throw on my broadly fine tshirt and keep it session too and go all in!
Ooh can you share the X doc? Sounds great

Applina89

Also catching up on my commute this morning and just heard the Radcliffe anecdote - can confirm he’s a fucking creep and tried to talk me and a pal into a threesome at a festival, shortly after recounting us with a tale which included a description of childbirth as ‘like watching your favourite pub burn down’.
Daniel Radcliffe?! Sorry I’ve not listened yet.