Part Time Working Mummy #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s so risky. You could be anyone and she wouldn’t be any the wiser, you don’t just give out your home address to strangers on the internet! I mean, we teach that in Y4 ffs, there is no excuse for her not being aware of the dangers.

The more I read, the more concerned I am for the children involved (particularly the one not living in the main house) and feel that social services would be interested to know details like this. You can’t just invite strangers to live in your home, not when it’s the sole dwelling of 5 children. You CANNOT do that. As a parent, you have a responsibility to safeguard your children and yes that means not giving their address out online and inviting strangers to stay in their home. God, this has made me so angry.

The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child states that they have a legal right to be safe. Doesn’t bear thinking about what might happen to one of those children if she unwittingly invited a predator to live with them, and let’s remember these people are not all men, they can just as easily be female and pose as victims in order to get close to children 😩
Social services thresh holds are hard to meet nowadays , I can’t even get a referral kept open for much more serious things than this .... so I don’t think this would go anywhere if reported to be honest . However worth looking at her boroughs thresholds ... is she Devon and Cornwall? Paignton? If anyone knows her local authority I can look it up

Reactions: 12
That’s so risky. You could be anyone and she wouldn’t be any the wiser, you don’t just give out your home address to strangers on the internet! I mean, we teach that in Y4 ffs, there is no excuse for her not being aware of the dangers.

The more I read, the more concerned I am for the children involved (particularly the one not living in the main house) and feel that social services would be interested to know details like this. You can’t just invite strangers to live in your home, not when it’s the sole dwelling of 5 children. You CANNOT do that. As a parent, you have a responsibility to safeguard your children and yes that means not giving their address out online and inviting strangers to stay in their home. God, this has made me so angry.

The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child states that they have a legal right to be safe. Doesn’t bear thinking about what might happen to one of those children if she unwittingly invited a predator to live with them, and let’s remember these people are not all men, they can just as easily be female and pose as victims in order to get close to children 😩
Are we not just seeing in the news that a lodger killed that poor child?

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
Social services thresh holds are hard to meet nowadays , I can’t even get a referral kept open for much more serious things than this .... so I don’t think this would go anywhere if reported to be honest . However worth looking at her boroughs thresholds ... is she Devon and Cornwall? Paignton? If anyone knows her local authority I can look it up
She comes under Torbay LA x

Reactions: 5
She comes under Torbay LA x
These are the thresh holds for SS intervention .... I’m not sure she currently meets any to be honest, not at a level SS would be interested in or that I would think of making a referral for (because I know the thresh hold wouldn’t be met even if I had concerns )

Reactions: 2
The sad and terrifying thing is it would probably take something genuinely “horrific” to happen in order for the children to be protected adequately by the authorities.

Reactions: 6
It’s the same for the job role I do. I have to look for and block any ‘clients’ even though my FB is set to private. I also have to remove any posts that could be interpreted as offensive. Some of my friends post jokes etc that come up on my newsfeed and I go sick if they’re abit iffy and quickly delete. It’s all about being professional not only at work but in your private life too.
Edited to clarify ‘iffy’ and ‘offensive’ .. I mean jokes that are abit cheeky or political musings and opinions. Nothing horrible!!
I do the same - and I've had to un-follow an Aunt and it turns out she's a raging bloody religious, racist, homophobe when she's online 🤦🏼‍♀️ who knew?! smh

• Haha
Very sad and worrying. To my mind, there is enough evidence here that these children are at risk.
Hand on heart agree.
I’ve seen other stuff off here, which I’m not disclosing further as yet, which also would indicate that there are such major issues going on.

Disclosure. I obviously am acting on said information and not just sitting on it

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Those school reports - she really is guilable isn't she? As said already the majority of the class will be almost identical! I thought it strange on Edie's that the teacher put she will miss her cuddles. I thought teachers weren't allowed to do that anymore?
But why is every post just her trying to show how bleeping amazing she is??? Yeah suddenly some posts about her doing stuff with refuge's again (wow sending a box of her gifted left overs- nice one R), her kids being so fantastic( obv this is down to her outstanding parenting)people giving her gushing book reviews. Can one person think any more highly of themselves than she does?
The part about one of the boys being anxious if he makes a mistake resonated with me. Fear of being humilited or laughed at or called stupid from things going on at home. (Not saying it's the vade with him)I always think he comes accross as nervous and withdrawn on the rare occasion she does film him. This is just imo.
Another niggle with T in therapy for anxiety- she never appears a particularly anxious child (i was so know how i reacted to things, of course each child is different) but now seeing she has put it on the court papers has she maybe just taken her for therapy just to reinforce an issue with the ex? If that makes sense ( he's so vile&horrific my child is in therapy) .
As for putting in court papers she's an author, not only that but a SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLING AUTHOR, wow I wonder if she puts that on forms when they ask for her occupation like passport or car insurance. Seriously the woman is in love with herself!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
These are the thresh holds for SS intervention .... I’m not sure she currently meets any to be honest, not at a level SS would be interested in or that I would think of making a referral for (because I know the thresh hold wouldn’t be met even if I had concerns )

No. No thresholds met. I’m still compiling a few case studies to send to the Children’s Commisioner asking her to look at ‘influencers’ or bloggers and their use of their own children (who are too young to consent) as a safeguarding issue

Reactions: 14
No. No thresholds met. I’m still compiling a few case studies to send to the Children’s Commisioner asking her to look at ‘influencers’ or bloggers and their use of their own children (who are too young to consent) as a safeguarding issue
I’m so saddened that giving out their home address and inviting strangers to live with them doesn’t meet some kind of threshold.

As an aside, if you’re renting a property, are you even allowed to let random people move in without permission? I’d have thought the owner would have a dim view of strangers inhabiting their property.

It still really bothers me about B sleeping in the shed /summer house outside. I'm lying in bed now thinking if my teenage daughter was out in mine right now I would not be able to sleep at night. I just don't get how R&J think this is ok.
I did go to email the LA about it but felt like a snitch but it's not being a witch it's if something (god forbid) happened

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
It's almost comedic that it's Rachaele's own rant on Tattle that has ended up being the catalyst for so many people turning against her (by sending them here & giving them an idea of what is really going on). Except given the awfulness of the whole thing, you can't even laugh about it 😕

Reactions: 16
Those school reports - she really is guilable isn't she? As said already the majority of the class will be almost identical! I thought it strange on Edie's that the teacher put she will miss her cuddles. I thought teachers weren't allowed to do that anymore?
But why is every post just her trying to show how bleeping amazing she is??? Yeah suddenly some posts about her doing stuff with refuge's again (wow sending a box of her gifted left overs- nice one R), her kids being so fantastic( obv this is down to her outstanding parenting)people giving her gushing book reviews. Can one person think any more highly of themselves than she does?
The part about one of the boys being anxious if he makes a mistake resonated with me. Fear of being humilited or laughed at or called stupid from things going on at home. (Not saying it's the vade with him)I always think he comes accross as nervous and withdrawn on the rare occasion she does film him. This is just imo.
Another niggle with T in therapy for anxiety- she never appears a particularly anxious child (i was so know how i reacted to things, of course each child is different) but now seeing she has put it on the court papers has she maybe just taken her for therapy just to reinforce an issue with the ex? If that makes sense ( he's so vile&horrific my child is in therapy) .
As for putting in court papers she's an author, not only that but a SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLING AUTHOR, wow I wonder if she puts that on forms when they ask for her occupation like passport or car insurance. Seriously the woman is in love with herself!
My understanding (as a result of my relevant training) is that cuddles initiated by pupils are fine but adults should not be asking for them or initiating contact. We were told, never move a child away if they are cuddling you as that can be emotionally damaging obviously but keep contact to a minimum and, as long as the child isn’t in distress, encourage them to move away/distract them in some way/engage in some work or play or something else.

Reactions: 10
All of the posts are now boring and worrying from ptwm. Not sure posting someone asleep who has possibly had a drink and is very tired can't defend themselves is the right thing to do. Wonder how he woukd feel in the morning. Also knee deep in life posts are also weird tonight. Always liked her too but watching her post about MacDonalds on ig made me feel uncomfortable. Hoping Stacie Solomon hasn't jumped in with ptwm really like her and her genuine opinions.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My understanding (as a result of my relevant training) is that cuddles initiated by pupils are fine but adults should not be asking for them or initiating contact. We were told, never move a child away if they are cuddling you as that can be emotionally damaging obviously but keep contact to a minimum and, as long as the child isn’t in distress, encourage them to move away/distract them in some way/engage in some work or play or something else.
I think it's such a shame it has to be like this. I wanted to check as i'm now so dubious about everything R posts my immediate reaction to seeing them was that she had written that report herself lol.

Reactions: 1
All of the posts are now boring and worrying from ptwm. Not sure posting someone asleep who has possibly had a drink and is very tired can't defend themselves is the right thing to do. Wonder how he woukd feel in the morning. Also knee deep in life posts are also weird tonight. Always liked her too but watching her post about MacDonalds on ig made me feel uncomfortable. Hoping Stacie Solomon hasn't jumped in with ptwm really like her and her genuine opinions.
She’s breached some kind of consent thing there surely. If you’re asleep you cannot consent to having videos of yourself put online, more so if you’re inebriated.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.