Paging Mr. Morrow #11 We're Gonna Eat Some Food and Eat Some Food and Eat Some Food. Let's go do this!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Satire is one thing, but just outright making fun of someone's religion is really in poor taste. It seems like "Sister Walnut" is trying to be a Dollar Store brand Church Lady, but the person behind the persona is no Dana Carvey.

Characters are fine. Everybody enjoys characters in their favorite TV shows and movies. But that's not what this is. We're not watching a show. We're just seeing a person behave bizarrely in public.
So you've never watched Impractical Jokers? Jackass? Borat? Punk'd? Not try to change anybody's opinion here but seems odd to hate on someone playing a character in public when we already know Nate is playing a character in public. Given his channel isn't comedy (on purpose but some of the stuff he says and does is comedy gold to me) it isn't an apples to apples comparison.

Anyone notice Promise Ho (who appeared in Nate’s video) titled her video celebrating Soul Food rather than celebrating soulfully? Just days after riding splash mountain for the last time…and had the thumbnail with a crying emoji and a fake sad face for Splash.

What a bleeping idiot.
Her voice is the thing of nightmares!! Also, she needs to drop those shades she constantly wears. They make her look like an alien with that seven-head of hers.

From the view count, she is getting the better rub from filming with Nate. She actually has a video over 2k views and he hasn't cracked 50k (it's almost reaching the 24 hour mark too). Makes you wonder with two underperforming videos back to back, what will out sweaty hero do??

Reactions: 2
Makes you wonder with two underperforming videos back to back, what will out sweaty hero do??
Eat some food, ride some rides, and have a Magic Kingdom kinda day!

When all else fails, go on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, squeal loudly, and then stuff face with Mickey Waffles

• Haha
Where’s Jackie?
Jackie she's dropped all her friends who she interacted with in videos when Sam wasn't in US. Promise going out with her last week was a shock even.

I actually don’t mind Nate and I watch most of his new stuff.

But the baseball caps make him look like he has special needs.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So you've never watched Impractical Jokers? Jackass? Borat? Punk'd? Not try to change anybody's opinion here but seems odd to hate on someone playing a character in public when we already know Nate is playing a character in public. Given his channel isn't comedy (on purpose but some of the stuff he says and does is comedy gold to me) it isn't an apples to apples comparison.

While I am familiar with the shows and movies you referenced, I really dislike all of them. At their best I find them to be unfunny and at their worst I find them to be meanspirited by duping innocent bystanders into being part of their shenanigans.

But I'll concede that not everyone thinks the same way that I do (thank goodness), and all of those have their audience, so peace. I won't be convinced that "Sister Walnut" is anything but horrible, but I see that others out there may like that sort of thing.

I'm not so sure that holding up Nate himself as a good example of someone playing a character is all that great of an argument, though. Isn't the general consensus around here that his phony jolly fat man persona is terrible?

Reactions: 6
After watching today's video - how does he make enough money to live close to the parks, eat their horribly expensive food and do all the expensive activities? Does the shirt revenue, YouTube and pateron pay him that much??? And how can you live like a man child going to Disney nearly every day?? And playing a manchild that gets giddy over characters?? I'm really dumbfounded that he has actually manifested this Reality. And continues to live it.

After watching today's video - how does he make enough money to live close to the parks, eat their horribly expensive food and do all the expensive activities? Does the shirt revenue, YouTube and pateron pay him that much??? And how can you live like a man child going to Disney nearly every day?? And playing a manchild that gets giddy over characters?? I'm really dumbfounded that he has actually manifested this Reality. And continues to live it.
It's really kind of disgusting when you think about it, isn't it?

We've tried to make sense of his finances in the past in these threads, and it's tough to get many details because of how opaque YouTube and Patreon can be. He's got to be making a big chunk of his living panhandling on Patreon, though YouTube ad revenue contributes as well. Some on here have suggested that his fans send him loads of Disney gift cards to subsidize his lifestyle, but that's tricky because he never publicly shares his address or a P.O. box or anything like that.

The Patreon case is interesting. I think it really took off during the height of the pandemic when people were stuck at home and had some extra disposable income. People lived vicariously through YouTubers then (and continue to do so to a lesser extent now) and developed an emotional connection to the person on the other side of the screen. Many opened their wallets to them and continued to do so even after it became safe to go out and do things again.

Nate's suggested that he's aware that YouTube can't go on forever. He's said that he wants to be a monorail driver when that point comes (Jeez, it's like asking a 5-year-old what he wants to be when he grows up.), but I doubt he's put much thought into his life after YouTube.

I'm also surprised that he doesn't get bored doing effectively the same thing every day. I don't know how he keeps up the fake enthusiasm. Granted, the Disney parks are the Happiest Place on Earth™, but variety is the spice of life, and living like you're on vacation every day can certainly have its drawbacks.

Reactions: 3
It's really kind of disgusting when you think about it, isn't it?

We've tried to make sense of his finances in the past in these threads, and it's tough to get many details because of how opaque YouTube and Patreon can be. He's got to be making a big chunk of his living panhandling on Patreon, though YouTube ad revenue contributes as well. Some on here have suggested that his fans send him loads of Disney gift cards to subsidize his lifestyle, but that's tricky because he never publicly shares his address or a P.O. box or anything like that.

The Patreon case is interesting. I think it really took off during the height of the pandemic when people were stuck at home and had some extra disposable income. People lived vicariously through YouTubers then (and continue to do so to a lesser extent now) and developed an emotional connection to the person on the other side of the screen. Many opened their wallets to them and continued to do so even after it became safe to go out and do things again.

Nate's suggested that he's aware that YouTube can't go on forever. He's said that he wants to be a monorail driver when that point comes (Jeez, it's like asking a 5-year-old what he wants to be when he grows up.), but I doubt he's put much thought into his life after YouTube.
Pretty sure he had a PO Box when he was living in Kissimmee. He must have removed it from his socials when he moved. It also looks like he removed his Venmo and PayPal links from his YouTube "about" tab that has his email, etc. Seems like he's banking on the Patreon money more than anything. Doubtful the shirt gig is bringing in much since it's a sponsorship, not him selling products of himself on the RSVLT brand.

We also just can't see Nate being a monorail driver for the simple fact that there are standards and practices (in addition to mandatory hours) that come with the role along with the fact that drivers have to be SOBER!

Reactions: 1
That's the one thing that I just don't get. I think that ANY adult that gets all hot and bothered over a character is sick. I sure hope that he thinks that his jolly fat man persona includes the character fetish or there's something seriously wrong with him. Or maybe it's as simple as hoping there's a female inside the costume and he's groping for a free feel.

He's actually a much less obvious grifter than some of the other Disney vloggers. He's not begging for likes, subscribers, comments, mentioning his patreon and live streaming to get superchats. He's not clickbating on every video. The worst you can really say about him is that he plugs his shirts and it appears that he's sponsored for the hats now as well. His lifestyle is a mess but he also doesn't try to use that to garner sympathy. I absolutely understand why people find him annoying and off-putting though.

Reactions: 10
He's actually a much less obvious grifter than some of the other Disney vloggers. He's not begging for likes, subscribers, comments, mentioning his patreon and live streaming to get superchats. He's not clickbating on every video. The worst you can really say about him is that he plugs his shirts and it appears that he's sponsored for the hats now as well. His lifestyle is a mess but he also doesn't try to use that to garner sympathy. I absolutely understand why people find him annoying and off-putting though.
What about his sob story video he did a year or so ago? And the mere fact that he has Patreon is begging for money. He always butters up his stans to get giftcards and DVC points, too. I’m under no illusion that all the vloggers aren’t grifters and beggars- they all are. Money from YouTube is never going to make a living for them so they’ve all got Patreon side-grifts.

There's no way he'll fit if cast members having issues.

I agree compared to all the live streamers for super chats, he's never begging but just promoting his sponsor.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.