Ordinary Advantures Kitra seems okay, but Peter is creepy

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really think it's disgusting that they openly invite people to send them stuff. It doesn't matter that they stipulate that no one is obligated (duh), I just think with all the money they have to basically live on vacation every day, it's pretty greedy. They could easily buy whatever they want, and there are other ways to interact with their fans other than accepting gifts. I understand having one for sponsorships or whatever, but it shouldn't be shared with the public. It's just gross.

ETA - That's the one thing Tim Tracker did right - closing down their PO Box. It was probably more because they were too lazy to bother opening stuff anymore, but at least they weren't taking from people who make way less than they do.

Reactions: 9
I really think it's disgusting that they openly invite people to send them stuff. It doesn't matter that they stipulate that no one is obligated (duh), I just think with all the money they have to basically live on vacation every day, it's pretty greedy. They could easily buy whatever they want, and there are other ways to interact with their fans other than accepting gifts. I understand having one for sponsorships or whatever, but it shouldn't be shared with the public. It's just gross.

ETA - That's the one thing Tim Tracker did right - closing down their PO Box. It was probably more because they were too lazy to bother opening stuff anymore, but at least they weren't taking from people who make way less than they do.
they said their favorite things are the free items like a drawing from a child, but shortly thereafter in the mail livestream they opened a drawing from a child and couldn't look more bored. later opening some expensive toy and being unable to contain their excitement.

Reactions: 7

It's sad that there are people out there who will spend money they potentially don't have for a chance that their favorite vlogger will give them a shoutout.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
I've really had one of those glass shattering moments with their videos lately. Watching their most recent Wish vlog there are NUMEROUS times where Peter is Peter-splaining at Kitra on camera. If that was my SO I'd be pretty frustrated.

Some examples that come to mind are when Kitra was trying to open the balcony door (let's be real- we've ALL struggled with doors) and another is when they're in the pub and Peter is correcting her on how she pulled a piece of the big pretzel off. It wound up staying on the pole anyway so why slap the text on the screen and call her out over it!

There are so many of these seemingly minor Peter-splaining moments but if it was me it'd all add up.

I find it particularly odd that Peter pays Kitra’s wage/salary. There is a just weird level of control he seems to need to have over her in a lot of ways.

• Wow
  • Angry
At the risk of “Hi, Kitra and Peter”, it doesn’t really bother me that they make money from YouTube. Peter seems like the type to hustle and turn everything into a business venture, and if people want to waste their money on them, well, there are worse vloggers to pick. Is it ethical? No ethics in capitalism.

What does bother me is the gift thing. I mean, cards are one thing, but accepting expensive items and then unboxing them on a four hour live stream is questionable behavior. I get Etsy and other small businesses doing it for exposure, but the last one I watched had kitchenware and an entire set of Disney Hawaii tchotchkes.

Finally, Kitra seems nice.I definitely think she is awkward, but she comes across as well meaning. Peter, meanwhile, totally talks down to her in this very passive aggressive way. He is especially bad about dismissing things she likes that he is not interested in. However, I knew a lot of dorks like Peter in college. He is definitely a type down to the stupid glasses and even stupider bucket hats. He just happened to get successful.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I've really had one of those glass shattering moments with their videos lately. Watching their most recent Wish vlog there are NUMEROUS times where Peter is Peter-splaining at Kitra on camera. If that was my SO I'd be pretty frustrated.

Some examples that come to mind are when Kitra was trying to open the balcony door (let's be real- we've ALL struggled with doors) and another is when they're in the pub and Peter is correcting her on how she pulled a piece of the big pretzel off. It wound up staying on the pole anyway so why slap the text on the screen and call her out over it!

There are so many of these seemingly minor Peter-splaining moments but if it was me it'd all add up.
I just finished their video and had the same experience...didn't notice it with Peter as much before this thread. I cringed with the balcony door comments. "Well, put the camera down and help her!"

• Heart
I just finished their video and had the same experience...didn't notice it with Peter as much before this thread. I cringed with the balcony door comments. "Well, put the camera down and help her!"
He didn’t put the bleeping camera down when she broke her ankle.

Reactions: 19
I find it particularly odd that Peter pays Kitra’s wage/salary. There is a just weird level of control he seems to need to have over her in a lot of ways.
Well if he won't marry her she sure as heck doesn't have any ownership stake in the channel. I assume paying her is to reduce his taxes paid. She really should put a foot down and get a ring on her finger IMHO.

Reactions: 8
Well if he won't marry her she sure as heck doesn't have any ownership stake in the channel. I assume paying her is to reduce his taxes paid. She really should put a foot down and get a ring on her finger IMHO.
Exactly and she’s a huge contributor. He also gaslights her and makes it sound like she’s the one that doesn’t want marriage or kids whenever it was brought up. It’s their business of course but you’re airing it live on the internet. She just doesn’t seem like the type that was 100% onboard when it got real with the channel. Putting her in a big spotlight, filming her ankle injury and struggle, their weight in public view (loosing or gaining). It’s just weird to me anybody does this in general but the details get even weirder.

Also random judgement for Peter, if you watched Clerks and your thought was “I want to work at a convenient store now” then you didn’t understand Clerks and I question if you really understand anything in film/TV/life.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Exactly and she’s a huge contributor.
She‘s the bleeping channel. No one watches for Peter.

Sure, he’s needed to provide funding and connections for their activities, but she’s the talent. He doesn’t even need to be on-screen.

Reactions: 18
I've lurked here for the BLAB threads for a while, but seeing this thread motivated me to make an account to say this:

Peter looks like the Dicks Last Resort chain restaurant mascot.
I had the exact same experience. Even though I started lurking here to follow BLAB and have way more negative feelings about them, the thing that finally made me join was to throw shade at Peter.

• Haha
I had the exact same experience. Even though I started lurking here to follow BLAB and have way more negative feelings about them, the thing that finally made me join was to throw shade at Peter.
Lol I finally have a place to get it off my chest that Peter looks like Dicks Last Resort guy lmao because I cant get that out of my head whenever I see him. He also kinda looks like Gru from Despicable Me.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

It also bugged me when she was talking about her trivia score and instead of being encouraging, he had to point out how wrong one of her answers was.

Maybe he gets that from his upbringing - my family is super negative and critical so I have to make an effort not to be that way too, as it's almost second nature. You can break the habit if you make the effort, though, PETER! Be nicer to Kitra!

He definitely deflects his low self esteem on other people. He’s one of those toxic people that take jabs at people, and then try to play it off as a “joke.” I’ve witnessed him do it more than once with his “friends” Newsflash - No you’re not a positive, uplifting person. You sir you are a toxic, crappy person! With friends like you…