Ordinary Advantures Kitra seems okay, but Peter is creepy

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay, it's time for this spin-off of the TTT threads.

What folks like about them:

• Kitra seems nice
  • Kitra's pretty cute
  • Kitra has good editing skills
  • Kitra's up-front about her weight issues, doesn't have a history of fat shaming, and knows how to buy a swimsuit that flatters her
  • When they go places, they actually go out and do things
(Honestly, chubby brunettes and redheads are basically my type, so Kitra really does it for me.)

What folks (or at least I) don't like about them:
  • Peter is creepy
  • Kitra all but creams herself whenever she sees Chip and Dale
  • Peter is creepy
  • Peter's glasses look stupid
  • Peter's invasive videoing of Kitra's broken ankle experience
  • My god, they drink a lot
  • Peter is creepy
  • They panhandle via SuperChats
  • They panhandle via Patreon
  • They panhandle via received mail
  • They panhandle despite Peter probably making plenty of scratch from selling his website
  • Peter's head is too low on his body
  • Peter is creepy
Carry on!

Jesus bleeping Christ! How did I make that spelling mistake in the thread title!?

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 29
Ordinary Smokers - I don't think they've ever smoked on camera they just look like chain smokers to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Saw them on HHN with the Trackholes. The first time I watched one of their videos they were acting like they needed money. Then I found out they have plenty of money. The only thing worse than an online beggar is a greedy online beggar.

Reactions: 15
i don’t mind them content wise but what does make me uncomfortable is peters slow and painful transition into Arkham City’s’ Penguin and the glasses gets an honorable mention.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Alright! Let's do this.
kinda-funny-cracking-knuckles.gif

The videos:
  • In general I enjoy most of the Ordinary Adventures videos. I watched them a lot early in the pandemic when I wasn't leaving the house as a nice escape and a way to experience parks, restaurants, and other fun things.
  • I think there's an inverse relationship between the expense of making the video and how much I enjoy it. For example, I have no interest in their cruise videos, and I kind of hated their Hawaii trip videos, but I LOVED the video when they took their two adorable dogs, Pixel and Gizmo, to the completely free Huntington Dog Beach.
  • The editing is great, and they provide good information about the food they're reviewing, the attractions they're visiting, and the collectibles that they're checking out. I like the silly rating system that they use for food: 5/5 Kitras, 5/5 Peters, and an Ordinary Adventures Star!
The people:
  • I love Kitra's positivity. She never hesitates to try new things.
  • Peter is kind of a lump. He'd be well served by taking an improv class because he often comes across as negative in the videos. They'd be more fun to watch if he played off of Kitra's enthusiasm with a "yes, and..."
  • I hate their glasses. Peter's are worse than Kitra's, but they're both bad. The frames they picked out look like they're trying to be intentionally dorky, and that really rubs me the wrong way.
  • Kitra is adorable. She seems like she'd be fun to hang out with.
  • I agree about Peter's head appearing to be attached slightly too low. It's almost like he's doing the inverse of that extend-your-neck-to-look-taller-and-skinnier trick. I don't understand it.
  • There have been a few occasions where Kitra got WAY too emotional at inappropriate times. It's unnerving to watch a grown woman literally brought to tears over some costumed characters.
The business:
  • Counting their total patrons and using the minimum level, they are bringing in nearly $60k per year at a minimum via Patreon alone.
  • Peter founded the very successful website /Film. The internet tells me that the website has a revenue of around $5M per year (that's revenue, not profit), but I wasn't able to find out how much he received when it was sold to Static Media. He is still listed as a writer and editor at the site after the sale, so in addition to whatever he received from the sale, he is likely also drawing a salary or at least paid for the pieces he writes and edits.
  • And who knows how much they're getting from YouTube. SocialBlade has their revenue a lot lower than I expected.
  • They do a lot of live shows, and I find all YouTubers' live shows to be pretty boring. I am surprised just how many of their fans send in "superchats" during the lives, though -- especially as they're using the show to show off fancy and expensive gifts and collectibles that they've purchased for themselves. It feels wrong that many of those fans who are sending them money to subsidize their ritzy lifestyle are likely earning far less than they are.
To be honest, I haven't watched them in a while. I skip the cruises, I skip the lives, I skip the fancy vacays. But I really should tune in again for some of their simpler stuff -- visits to Universal CityWalk, trying new restaurants, conventions, stopping by some of the SoCal theme parks on a whim. That's the stuff I enjoy.

Reactions: 16
At first glance it seems like they're trying too hard to be awkward nerds .. not my type of people at all..

Reactions: 9
At first glance it seems like they're trying too hard to be awkward nerds .. not my type of people at all..
This feeds into the conversation on the TTT thread about whether Kitra really is an introvert. Some think she is and overcame that for the channel. Some think not an introvert at all. Some think she isn't but she thinks she needs to be one because that's part of the nerd stereotype they try to portray. And if so, is it a conscious choice or not?

Also, mods, I don't have the ability to create tags, so if there needs to be an ordinaryadventures tag, a mod will need to add it.

(And correct my spelling while you're there? Please? I'm really embarrassed.)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I really enjoy most of their videos - they make things look interesting & their unique rating system is cute. Plus they review things in a way that doesn't come across as complaining even if they don't like something.

Peter is a little creepy... and comes across almost cranky at times. I definitely like Kitra much more. If I saw them in a park I'd be tempted to say hi because she seems approachable and genuinely nice.

Reactions: 11
Is it just me, or does it feel like Peter treats Kitra like she's stupid. I can't think of any one example but whenever I watch their videos I feel like he is constantly correcting her in a demeaning way.

As a positive, I do feel like they genuinely like each other, which I can't really say for the Slackers on the East coast or BLAB on the west.

Peter doesn't "protect" Kitra, he will gleefully show her at her worst or most immature for the sake of LOLs and his own twisted amusement. Course, then again if she does the actual editing...then she doesn't protect her own interests either. Peter has always seemed very passive aggressive to me, very much a typical nerd/fanboy. He was just lucky enough to find someone who was compatible although, again, he doesn't support her. He exploits her and her negative traits. Especially her drinking problem and social anxiety disorder.

Basically, she can be adorable and he's a pompous shithead...

• Wow
They just seem like the Nerdy version of BLAB to me 😹 except Kitra is more tolerable than Katie but Peter just seems like a creep.

must be nice to have the money where you can fly out to Orlando for one day to attend the WDW Halloween party and then Peter complained that it was bad because it rained … in Florida 😂😂

• Haha
All it takes is to look up Peters Twitter to see that he is and has always been a snarky asshat. This whole “we’re such positive people” is a crock of tit.

Dude, like stop making this face. You’re not doing yourself any favors. Try a normal smile.
C8FE055C-EFD8-4C7B-ADB0-6D694BA6E4BB.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
I know they drive a pearlescent Tesla. I was walking to my car, and in my quiet street in LA I notice this shadow look out the window. I had my space mountain bag on, and Mickey Nike hat on which probably caught their attention. Kitra, was driving not Peter.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I do think they put out quality content but they’re not really my cup of tea. I see the Kitra appeal and unless you like “To Catch a Predator” I don’t see ANY appeal with Peter, he comes off as a major creep ball. I think I unsubed from their channel when the parks reopened and he balled like a kid and when he pronounced popcorn as “pup-comb”

no thanks

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I do think they put out quality content but they’re not really my cup of tea. I see the Kitra appeal and unless you like “To Catch a Predator” I don’t see ANY appeal with Peter, he comes off as a major creep ball. I think I unsubed from their channel when the parks reopened and he balled like a kid and when he pronounced popcorn as “pup-comb”

no thanks
The way he just blank stares into the camera and shakes his head in the intros. Serial killer vibes.🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Joined to post this.

I will say before l write this, that this may have been an incorrect interpretation of what occurred but at the time, it bothered me so I want to tell you. And I rarely watch Ordinary Adventures now because of it.

I went to a theme park and ran into Peter and I was really excited to meet him (I saw Kitra further down the way but encountered Peter first). I spoke with him and he seemed really nice and I was so nervous to meet him because I really was a fan. I asked if I could get a photo and he said yes. Kitra showed up and I told them how much I enjoyed their videos and how glad I was that they supported said theme park. They both seems so kind and I did get my photo.

I said thank you and left.

About 30 minutes later I was in a store at the theme park looking at merch. Suddenly Kitra and Peter walked in-cameras off. I was far away from them in the store but they both walk in the door. As they step in, I can see from the sides of my eye that Kitra spotted me but I looked away and just focused on merch. As she steps in and sees me she says to Peter in a low voice (but not that low since I heard it), "Oh...it's that guy again." And I felt from her demeanor that she seemed bothered to have seen me again.

When I heard her say, "Oh...it's that guy again" with that look, my heart broke. It broke so much. I felt so disappointed. I didn't say anything I just walked further away and looked at the merch.

They left eventually. But after that I just couldn't watch them again. Recently, I watched them for a bit but after awhile I turned it off.

Again, maybe I misunderstood. Maybe she was never talking about me. Maybe she meant it in a positive way like...hey it's that guy again! But I don't know, it's just the way I heard it and how it felt. But again..maybe I'm wrong.

Thoughts?

Oh and I am not a hater nor don't think people should hate anyone.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I saw the recent vlog where Kitra rented the ECV for her ankle issues. I liked her transparency about this. I hope eventually she can slowly start walking again. Much better for your overall health. Wish her all the best in her recovery. I had a sprained ankle at Disney back in 2019 and walked on it my whole trip. 😶 Definitely wasn’t ideal and painful so I get it, not shaming anyone that genuinely needs an ECV, they help! It’s also not my business either way.

Seems like they both have some underlying issues possibly with addiction in terms of alcohol consumption, food, adrenaline, attention, money, gambling, etc. we all have our vices. Just truly hope their vices don’t start to negatively affect their health down the line.

Reactions: 7