One Direction #6 God Only Knows Where 1D Did Go

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It seems Louis always needs a drink in hand, he’s always having nights out binge drinking and has said that he’s hungover on stage more than once as far as I know. Most of his brand seems to revolve around being the biggest “lad” around and I don’t know why fans can call a spade a spade when it comes to Liam but not Louis, he’s an alcoholic, if we’re being honest. Even without any other drug use (and who can ever be sure tbh without it coming from the person themselves or explicit pictures) the constant chain smoking and heavy, heavy drinking all the time isn’t healthy for anyone. I don’t mean to be insensitive but I thought he’d cut back on that lifestyle after the tragedies he’s suffered, and his biological dad having health problems related to smoking/drinking.
I would've thought he'd turn away from drink and drugs for the same reasons you've mentioned, but I'd say a lot of it comes down to brand. As you mentioned his brand is about being the biggest "lad". Maybe he feels he needs to do all these things to look "cool" and manly. His whole aesthetic is based on oasis after all

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I would've thought he'd turn away from drink and drugs for the same reasons you've mentioned, but I'd say a lot of it comes down to brand. As you mentioned his brand is about being the biggest "lad". Maybe he feels he needs to do all these things to look "cool" and manly. His whole aesthetic is based on oasis after all
Sadly, it makes him look seriously uncool and a bit of a twit. And I really enjoy his music, I just don't like the way he portrays himself these days, it all seems like an act. I much preferred self-effacing sweet Louis than boozy fagbreath Louis.

Reactions: 4
He just looks awful these days. Eg this picture of him and his sisters. He looks more like their dad

Screenshot_20231016-130331.png

Screenshot_20231016-130312.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
To be fair to the man, he's the only one in that photo without fillers, enhancers and cosmetics. I actually think the girls look older than they are.
Yeah, the girls are stunning but they’ve had a lot of enhancements that Louis hasn’t. Although tbf I doubt he even has a skincare routine past getting his face wet in the shower, let alone going for aesthetic treatments!

Reactions: 8
Most of his brand seems to revolve around being the biggest “lad” around and I don’t know why fans can call a spade a spade when it comes to Liam but not Louis, he’s an alcoholic, if we’re being honest.
I am a Louis fan, and I, too, don’t understand the dissonance between fans’ reactions Liam versus Louis.

Is it because Liam is publicly open about his drinking problems, and the fact that he went to rehab? Is it because Louis makes smoking and drinking “cool”, and part of his persona? Is it because Louis found his corner of the music industry and is successful despite being an underdog, whereas Liam’s solo career really haven’t taken off? Is it because Liam is, for a lack of a better word, “messy”, whereas Louis, is, on the whole, more composed and put together? Or is it because Louis has tragedies in his personal life that makes fan soften their blows?

I used to soften my criticism of Louis because it didn’t feel right to me to comment on his vices when I know of his struggles with his career and in his personal life. But now, I don’t. Because I realize I was making excuses for his addiction, and it wasn’t necessary anymore. He’s an adult. He’s very public about his smoking and drinking habits. Why shouldn’t I call a spade a spade?

I like Louis for his artistry, and his charismatic and charitable nature. I like how he’s finally found his niche, career wise. I like the fact he cares about his fans, and tries to be inclusive. I like how he manages to create and maintain such a positive relationship with the fans. However, I don’t have to gloss over the fact that he’s got a smoking and drinking problem to call myself his fan.

• Heart
I understand that Louis is upset fans keep ripping his clothes when he goes to the barricade. So stop doing the barricade then!! Why do it, he's opening himself up to abuse. So strange

Repeat offending speeding enough to get a six month suspension. This occurred in London so what are the rules in London for that? In the US that's practically impossible, even with multiple duis and reckless driving charges you'd be alright for a while.

Reactions: 1
Repeat offending speeding enough to get a six month suspension. This occurred in London so what are the rules in London for that? In the US that's practically impossible, even with multiple duis and reckless driving charges you'd be alright for a while.
If you accrue 12 penalty points on your licence then you are banned and have to do a test to be able to drive again. His fines were high but is that based on his wealth?

It makes me very sad to say that it doesn’t surprise me that Liam’s gotten himself into some trouble again. I just hope that better things are coming for him.
Me too. I want to read something positive about him. He’s floundering and I’m saddened by this.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think Fizzy used recreational drugs medicinally, to manage her grief and anxiety.

I hope Louis just has the occasional line, if that. I don’t think he’s addicted, his work ethic is too strong.

I also wonder if he deliberately sells himself as a hard drinking, heavy smoking, drug using musician to distinguish him from Harry’s healthy lifestyle of ice baths and kale smoothies.
THIS! I don’t believe Louis is as hard as he makes out and I don’t believe Harry is all squeaky clean 😂 harry looks coked up to me in a lot of photos … the pupils don’t lie … either that or a load of weed. Harry also used to be close to Nick Grimshaw, Cara D etc and they aren’t known for just having a small glass of wine and some olives (at least back then).
---
Yeah, the girls are stunning but they’ve had a lot of enhancements that Louis hasn’t. Although tbf I doubt he even has a skincare routine past getting his face wet in the shower, let alone going for aesthetic treatments!
I actually think for someone that abuses his body the way the does, he actually looks pretty good. His face his filled out as he’s gotten older which makes him seem boyish still and his skin is pretty even looking. He’s certainly no more lined than Harry and Liam and he’s older!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I actually think for someone that abuses his body the way the does, he actually looks pretty good. His face his filled out as he’s gotten older which makes him seem boyish still and his skin is pretty even looking. He’s certainly no more lined than Harry and Liam and he’s older!
I have to disagree. For one it seems like wishful thinking. Fans love to baby Louis for some reason. I think nostalgia really clouds fans judgment. It's always interesting to see comments from non fans vs his fans like with the Reddit comments recently.

It's not just about wrinkles. Louis looks sickly and thin. Quite grayish a lot of the time. His hair looks thin and dry. Huge eyebags and always that nasty white tongue. He also doesn't seem super present. Not to mention both of his biological parents had serious cancers and his dad even said it was due to his chain smoking and poor diet so that's potentially going to be in the picture for Louis since he's doing the same.

Though drug use is strange sometimes. Some people are alcoholics for five years and end up with multiple organ failure and some pound drinks and coke and whatever else for 40 straight years with minimal consequence.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I agree with the first part but I'm also adding Niall because he seems obsessed with lying about simply smoking weed so he probably does crack or something. (Only half joking).

• Wow
I think Harry’s clean living, straight edge, lifestyle isn’t 100% accurate but he spends a lot of time in America, where there’s a massive healthy living industry. I bet he has a sneaky pint of Guinness and a pork pie when no-one’s watching 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think Harry’s clean living, straight edge, lifestyle isn’t 100% accurate but he spends a lot of time in America, where there’s a massive healthy living industry. I bet he has a sneaky pint of Guinness and a pork pie when no-one’s watching 😂
There were rumours/blind items about him using coke while performing on the tour too.

There were rumours/blind items about him using coke while performing on the tour too.
There was evidence by his weird behaviour during a performance in Canada, iirc. Talking nonstop, hyperactive, sweating, dilated pupils.
He’s not as clean living as he claims to be.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.