One Direction #6 God Only Knows Where 1D Did Go

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The shows look packed because he’s roped off the top sections and moved people down closer to the stage 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Well in my opinion, he’s doing well considering he hasn’t got a massive fanbase in the us, this is off topic but I was thinking when they’re all gone, no offence but none of them have written any memorable songs (Harry with as it was is the only one) I’d hate to think they’ll be forgotten but I think that’ll be the case unfortunately, maybe WMYB but I’m not too sure about that one🙁

Reactions: 1
Well in my opinion, he’s doing well considering he hasn’t got a massive fanbase in the us, this is off topic but I was thinking when they’re all gone, no offence but none of them have written any memorable songs (Harry with as it was is the only one) I’d hate to think they’ll be forgotten but I think that’ll be the case unfortunately, maybe WMYB but I’m not too sure about that one🙁
Yeah it's crazy to think they were a huge successful band but there's no hit that stands out to non-fans that stood the test of time

Reactions: 3
I have to say, they've definitely hit a younger fan base than I was expecting. I'm a little older than the original 1D fans, was about to graduate uni when they got to the US, but I was expecting the crowd to be around my age and a bit younger, but it was a LOT of high school aged girls. Like, 80%, I'd say. It wasn't the biggest venue, capacity is 5500 I think? And it wasn't full but it was far from empty, probably 90 or 95% capacity in pouring rain and cold (outdoor venue because who expects late autumn weather in June??). To me that's impressive considering he doesn't get any radio play or promo on any of the radio stations I'd expect. Merch lines were over an hour long even though they moved pretty quickly.

Someone previously said they think he has ADHD and as someone with severe ADHD I agree. One of the hallmarks is poor impulse control and doing stupid tit. It can be managed and controlled but you have to a) know that it's an issue, b) recognize when it's happening, c) know what to do, and d) actually control the impulse. I've been diagnosed half my life and still work on this every day. He overall seems like a good human who loves his family, loves his fans, wants to do well, wants to help others, wants to share his love of music. I dunno, I'm willing to overlook some childish behavior because I get it.

Reactions: 4
I have to say, they've definitely hit a younger fan base than I was expecting. I'm a little older than the original 1D fans, was about to graduate uni when they got to the US, but I was expecting the crowd to be around my age and a bit younger, but it was a LOT of high school aged girls. Like, 80%, I'd say. It wasn't the biggest venue, capacity is 5500 I think? And it wasn't full but it was far from empty, probably 90 or 95% capacity in pouring rain and cold (outdoor venue because who expects late autumn weather in June??). To me that's impressive considering he doesn't get any radio play or promo on any of the radio stations I'd expect. Merch lines were over an hour long even though they moved pretty quickly.

Someone previously said they think he has ADHD and as someone with severe ADHD I agree. One of the hallmarks is poor impulse control and doing stupid tit. It can be managed and controlled but you have to a) know that it's an issue, b) recognize when it's happening, c) know what to do, and d) actually control the impulse. I've been diagnosed half my life and still work on this every day. He overall seems like a good human who loves his family, loves his fans, wants to do well, wants to help others, wants to share his love of music. I dunno, I'm willing to overlook some childish behavior because I get it.
I think he's never got over his mum dying and then one of his sisters.

• Sad
Reactions: 5

That was me re the ADHD (as my husband has it really severely) and maybe that's why I have a soft spot for Louis, as I can see the vulnerability and kindness beneath some of the more inconvenient behaviour. For me, the constant chain smoking is also potentially related to ADHD as people with it are susceptible to addiction (with my husband it's food and previously alcohol); Robbie Williams (who has been diagnosed with ADHD later in life, also used to chain smoke 60+ a day and displayed a similar lack of impulse control to Louis .. had a really "laddy" persona going in the 00s, which again seemed forced). Robbie also swears loads at his shows, saw him this year 😂

Reactions: 2
That was me re the ADHD (as my husband has it really severely) and maybe that's why I have a soft spot for Louis, as I can see the vulnerability and kindness beneath some of the more inconvenient behaviour. For me, the constant chain smoking is also potentially related to ADHD as people with it are susceptible to addiction (with my husband it's food and previously alcohol); Robbie Williams (who has been diagnosed with ADHD later in life, also used to chain smoke 60+ a day and displayed a similar lack of impulse control to Louis .. had a really "laddy" persona going in the 00s, which again seemed forced). Robbie also swears loads at his shows, saw him this year 😂
Chainsmoking and alcohol misuse are definitely very common among us! It's a big part of why I never touch the stuff, too easy to get too used to it. Unfortunately? food took its place lol

Reactions: 3
Yeah it's crazy to think they were a huge successful band but there's no hit that stands out to non-fans that stood the test of time
I asked my husband to name a One Direction song and he immediately said Patience followed by That’ll Be The Day 🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
On my part, it's because this is the first I've ever heard of it happening. Can't be mad about something that isn't known?
It’s in the infamous weedgate video. Louis impersonates a black man talking about how the “Po-po” are next to them when they drive past and then says “It’s green only, n__” (the shortened version of the n word).

• Wow
A lot of things from the very early days have been forgotten about like Zayn being homophobic pre-fame

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I watched the video on YouTube, someone in the comments said he was talking to the driver who was called Nick. It’s a bit hard to tell though what he said, it could be either 😕

This is like when Zayn used fat as an insult on twitter and fans said "no he meant to type phat which means cool"

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Sorry to go off topic but this just popped up on my twitter feed and I thought I’d share:
Amelia seems like such a lovely person, Niall is lucky😊

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.