One Direction #6 God Only Knows Where 1D Did Go

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just seen something to say the tour wasn’t selling well 🤔 not sure if that would happen though, wouldn’t they just downsize the venues?

Reactions: 1
What were the ticket sales looking like? I would have thought they’d have sold well. I hope he is ok. He doesn’t deserve anymore heartache.

• Heart
He seemed to get quite a good reception when he was in Tokyo for his film recently?

The fact he was supposed to be there in less than 2 weeks (I think it was meant to start on the 17th) is strange, they’d have indication of poor ticket sales long before that so must be something else.

Reactions: 3
Lorde recently talked about the unprecedented costs of touring post-pandemic and basically said that unless a show is completely sold out, artists are operating at a loss. The tickets for his tour are already pretty cheap as well. Sadly I don't think this will be the end of cancellations because there are some venues he's selling tickets for and there's just no way they could go ahead. I saw a few screenshots of a few of the venues for his american tour on twitter. Maybe they thought the documentary would give him a boost before they canceled.

Fs5g4k_X0AECvk6.jpeg
Fs5g4lBWcAAVCVZ.jpeg
Fs5g4lAXoAE6M9V.jpeg
Fs5g4lAX0AErAY3.jpeg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Lorde recently talked about the unprecedented costs of touring post-pandemic and basically said that unless a show is completely sold out, artists are operating at a loss. The tickets for his tour are already pretty cheap as well. Sadly I don't think this will be the end of cancellations because there are some venues he's selling tickets for and there's just no way they could go ahead. I saw a few screenshots of a few of the venues for his american tour on twitter. Maybe they thought the documentary would give him a boost before they canceled.

View attachment 2084490View attachment 2084491View attachment 2084494View attachment 2084495
This is so sad. Could they not have moved to a smaller venue though?

If it's due to poor sales they will cancel the dates and later announce new dates but at smaller venues. They won't disclose the real reason to save face eg when Justin Biebers stadium tour didn't sell well so they claimed they cancelled due to covid but later announced new dates in smaller venues

If it's due to poor sales they will cancel the dates and later announce new dates but at smaller venues. They won't disclose the real reason to save face eg when Justin Biebers stadium tour didn't sell well so they claimed they cancelled due to covid but later announced new dates in smaller venues
Oh that’s interesting, thank you! I hope he’s okay either way, must be horrible if it is because of sales

There’s also rumours it had to do with visas for crew and band, but not sure if it’s true. A bit strange of him not giving a motive for the cancellations, hope all is well.

Louis loves touring so much, you could tell how much joy it brings him in AOTV, I hope he’s okay.

It’ll be logistics. Artists very rarely, if ever, give true reasons for cancellations. It’s such a shame because he seems to love touring and had an amazing reception at every venue. I hope he’s able to reschedule so the fans don’t miss out.

Reactions: 2
It’ll be logistics. Artists very rarely, if ever, give true reasons for cancellations. It’s such a shame because he seems to love touring and had an amazing reception at every venue. I hope he’s able to reschedule so the fans don’t miss out.
Sorry I’m dumb, what are logistics?

It’s mainly all the planning and moving. So moving equipment (this part has apparently become much more of a nightmare in the past few years), booking flights/cars/coaches and hotels for both the artist and everyone else necessary, allowing time and planning for the setting up and checking of each venue etc. … the list goes on, just all the things that go into physically organising live shows.

Reactions: 5
It’s mainly all the planning and moving. So moving equipment (this part has apparently become much more of a nightmare in the past few years), booking flights/cars/coaches and hotels for both the artist and everyone else necessary, allowing time and planning for the setting up and checking of each venue etc. … the list goes on, just all the things that go into physically organising live shows.
Thank you very much :)

I don't think it was cancelled for that reason. They would've planned ahead if that was the case, and not lost all the money made from tickets sold.

I think it was due to low ticket sales. His team should either book smaller venues in those locations or when the next album is released, they should do more promo there to build a stronger fanbase

You’re not dumb at all. There’s never a silly question. I just meant that there are so many things that go into touring. There are venues, transportation, visas and the list goes on. I have read that the cost of touring has increased substantially. As the Asian dates were added at fairy short notice, maybe not everything fell into place making it impossible to go ahead at this point in time.

Makes you wonder about the documentary and how accurate it was doesn’t it? Cause according to that, he sells out everywhere he goes and every country he goes to. This would imply that’s not 100% true.

Reactions: 4
Yeah the documentary made it seem like he’s experiencing an upwards trajectory. I know that a few years ago he was playing the Camden Roundhouse and this year it’s the O2 arena so I thought he was getting more successful everywhere.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.