One Direction #2 It's been so long, it's been so long, maybe they're fireproof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm pretty sure I read something about Harry having taken mushrooms and he bit the end of his tongue off?

During 1D days, Zayn and Louis got a lot of stick for that video where they were getting high and I remember the papers making a big deal of how "annoyed" it made Harry as they were ruining their reputation with parents of their fans 🙄 I dont know if that video was leaked for a particular reason - whether to push the idea of Louis and Zayn being "bad boys" or to push the "rift" between the boys and Harry. I think they will have all dabbled in drug taking.
I've only ever tried cannabis and I didn't like the effect at all. I'm a registered nurse and illicit drug taking is not approved of, funnily enough. I has class A's during labour (the process, not the political party) but really didn't appreciate it at the time :D

Working in showbiz though, there are so many opportunities to get hold of stuff.
It must be difficult to refuse the offer of something that's going to perk you up and make you feel refreshed and intensely happy.

Alcohol is my drug of choice, perfectly legal and easy to get shitfaced if that's what I want. Mostly though, it's a glass or two with a meal on my days off.

Reactions: 1
I've only ever tried cannabis and I didn't like the effect at all. I'm a registered nurse and illicit drug taking is not approved of, funnily enough. I has class A's during labour (the process, not the political party) but really didn't appreciate it at the time :D

Working in showbiz though, there are so many opportunities to get hold of stuff.
It must be difficult to refuse the offer of something that's going to perk you up and make you feel refreshed and intensely happy.

Alcohol is my drug of choice, perfectly legal and easy to get shitfaced if that's what I want. Mostly though, it's a glass or two with a meal on my days off.
I've never done any drugs but agree that it seems more "normal" in some circles and I imagine celebs are offered it at parties or use it to perk up when exhausted from touring. If other people want to use drugs then that is up to them. I've never smoked either as I know how devastating a lifetime of smoking can be - my Grandad passed away of terminal lung cancer, leaving my gran to look after their disabled son.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I'm pretty sure I read something about Harry having taken mushrooms and he bit the end of his tongue off?

During 1D days, Zayn and Louis got a lot of stick for that video where they were getting high and I remember the papers making a big deal of how "annoyed" it made Harry as they were ruining their reputation with parents of their fans 🙄 I dont know if that video was leaked for a particular reason - whether to push the idea of Louis and Zayn being "bad boys" or to push the "rift" between the boys and Harry. I think they will have all dabbled in drug taking.
Harry and Mitch wrote 'She' on shrooms ;)

Reactions: 1

he did 😂 he talks about it in the howard stern interview, i very much think the part about it ‘annoying’ harry was to keep his nice guy reputation

I shall look at the lyrics in a different light now :D
also recorded sunflower vol. 2 on mushrooms, if you can’t tell enough 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It's no secret that most of the boys have dabbled in drugs (the only one i'm not sure of is niall). At that age and with all that money and freedom, there is bound to be temptation. I agree that Zayn and Louis seemed to be the most "addicted"/"dependent" on drugs back in the day but I do hope they're doing better now. Whether or not harry uses recreationally or not we'll never really know, but hard drugs are so commonplace in Hollywood I wouldn't be surprised if he does it now and then.

It's no secret that most of the boys have dabbled in drugs (the only one i'm not sure of is niall). At that age and with all that money and freedom, there is bound to be temptation. I agree that Zayn and Louis seemed to be the most "addicted"/"dependent" on drugs back in the day but I do hope they're doing better now. Whether or not harry uses recreationally or not we'll never really know, but hard drugs are so commonplace in Hollywood I wouldn't be surprised if he does it now and then.
I know of people who attended parties at Niall's place back in the 1D days. They confirmed that there was white powder freely available (phones had to be surrendered on entry) but they said they never saw Niall doing anything. Of course if its there at his house though you'd imagine he at least dabbled.

Seems like i've been noticing alot of rhetoric about how the lads were never really friends, and were only colleagues when they were in the band, which is why now they don't bother hanging out etc.

What are your thoughts on this? Personally I don't buy it at all bc they've always acted like brothers and had crazy fun times whether onstage or in interviews. In the course of 5 years, if it was 'fake' or put on, you'd be able to tell. As for why they don't keep in touch after the hiatus, I'd say it's mostly Harry who never really mentions the boys - Niall, Louis and Liam are always talking about the others and genuinely like seeing each other succeed. I truly believe they were really close friends for those 5 years, but I guess they just drifted apart after starting their solo careers which is normal. People were expecting a reunion every month lol.

Reactions: 2
I think they all became close friends really quickly, they had to rely on each other for companionship and they were all going through the same experience. I did notice though, at the beginning, Harry was never photographed pubbing and clubbing with the others, he was seen hanging around with Grimmy and the Primrose Hill set while the other 4 were out doing what teenage boys do on their nights off. That's one of the main reasons I never thought Larry was a thing.

Reactions: 6
Yeah harry always had a different set of more "famous" friends he hung out with (always in LA) while the other boys looked like they preferred to hang out with the crew and one another. Harry really built a solid set of connections during his time in 1D though, which has contributed to how much better he's doing.

I've been bingewatching a bunch of 1D compilations on youtube and it's mad that the hiatus is coming up to 6 years now. I never realised how much time has passed since my stanning days 😭

I think they were all genuinely good friends and that they still are but it's probably very similar to when you leave school and you meet new people and drift apart.

I do believe that part of Harry's persona was to separate himself from his 1D days - this even started before the end of the band. 1D were given a lot of stick for being a boy band and weren't taken seriously by many in the industry. Harry's management worked hard to have him taken seriously and distance him from 1D.

They have been there for each other after 1D so I like to think they are still close - they all went to Louis when he performed on x factor after his mum passed. The other 3 seem publicly closer but 🤷🏻‍♀️ who know's about Harry. What we see/hear about is what they want us to see/hear.

I did read a quote from an interview that Liam gave where he said that he doesnt speaks to Harry as often as the others but when they do see each other it's just like old times. Celebrities are just like us - I know I'm tit at keeping in touch with people.

I really hope they do some sort of reunion at some point but I imagine they all feel like they have more to do to prove themselves as solo artists first.

Idk why i got got the feeling that harry couldnt stand liam 😂 but the only instance i can think of is one of the later interviews where they kept being snarky to each other.
Liam: "That was the most monotonous thing ever"
Harry" well thats me liam if you dont like it..."

I really wish this thread was more active i dont wanna be the only loser still chatting tit about a long gone boyband 😤

• Haha
Seems like i've been noticing alot of rhetoric about how the lads were never really friends, and were only colleagues when they were in the band, which is why now they don't bother hanging out etc.

What are your thoughts on this? Personally I don't buy it at all bc they've always acted like brothers and had crazy fun times whether onstage or in interviews. In the course of 5 years, if it was 'fake' or put on, you'd be able to tell. As for why they don't keep in touch after the hiatus, I'd say it's mostly Harry who never really mentions the boys - Niall, Louis and Liam are always talking about the others and genuinely like seeing each other succeed. I truly believe they were really close friends for those 5 years, but I guess they just drifted apart after starting their solo careers which is normal. People were expecting a reunion every month lol.

I can understand and see where people are coming from. I think they were probably super close when they were younger in days of the first two/three albums.

However as time went on and they all found friendships,relationships and side projects away from each other and band requirements they probably naturally drifted. Especially as they were basically on tour constantly living on top of each other. Zayn aside I don’t think there’s any bad blood or anything. They’ll always be mates, civil and grateful for their experiences as band but I don’t think they’re close like brothers like they were when they were 17.

Idk why i got got the feeling that harry couldnt stand liam 😂 but the only instance i can think of is one of the later interviews where they kept being snarky to each other.
Liam: "That was the most monotonous thing ever"
Harry" well thats me liam if you dont like it..."

I really wish this thread was more active i dont wanna be the only loser still chatting tit about a long gone boyband 😤
Harry makes me laugh in that interview 🤣🤣
I love it when he gets moody.

My favourite moment is when they were in Japan and he got some disposable masks and Niall asked if he could have one. When he’s like I GOT A PACK OF 5 I HAVE A SPARE ONE YOU CAN HAVE GOD 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Harry makes me laugh in that interview 🤣🤣
I love it when he gets moody.

My favourite moment is when they were in Japan and he got some disposable masks and Niall asked if he could have one. When he’s like I GOT A PACK OF 5 I HAVE A SPARE ONE YOU CAN HAVE GOD 🤣🤣🤣
That video always makes me laugh omg it's the first time I think I'd seen Harry look genuinely irritated!

I agree with everyone else about how they are still friends but just distantly. When they get together it probably feels like no time has passed at all, but inbetween that they don't feel the need to be in constant touch with each other.

Reactions: 4
I think it's like when you have a job where you get on really well with everyone and they feel almost like family. When you leave that job, you hope you'll stay in touch but different things happen, you meet new people, and although you still love your old workmates, not seeing them every day makes the connection weaker. But with really good friends, meeting up after even a few years, the closeness and friendship is still there.

I wonder if there is any resentment at Harry's global solo success?

Reactions: 7
I wonder if there is any resentment at Harry's global solo success?
We obviously don’t know what goes behind closed doors and I’d like to believe they were all pragmatic enough to understand that with boybands it’s rare for more than one member to be successful after the band breaks up. Louis has made a few comments that are a bit shady towards Harry in the past but I think they might be fine now? (or at least they don’t talk enough to have strong feelings about it now). Niall has said before what he wants to achieve in his solo career (Get a Grammy, win a Brit, sell out tours etc) all which Harry has done with ease...I do wonder if there is resentment on his end even though he is probably closest to Harry out of all the members.

What did he say?
Louis has had so much to deal with since 1D went on hiatus. His mum died. FFS. My beloved brother had the same kind of leukaemia and he survived and is alive and well to this day. Louis must have felt so helpless, his mum was so desperately ill and no amount of money could save her life. Cancer is a bleeping bastard. Then poor little Fizzy, so distraught and so caught up in addiction to various substances that probably made her feel better, but ultimately killed her.

I could cry when I think what that poor man has gone through.

Sorry I've gone right off topic but Jesus wept, Louis Tomlinson deserves the biggest hug in the universe.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Louis has had so much to deal with since 1D went on hiatus. His mum died. FFS. My beloved brother had the same kind of leukaemia and he survived and is alive and well to this day. Louis must have felt so helpless, his mum was so desperately ill and no amount of money could save her life. Cancer is a bleeping bastard. Then poor little Fizzy, so distraught and so caught up in addiction to various substances that probably made her feel better, but ultimately killed her.

I could cry when I think what that poor man has gone through.

Sorry I've gone right off topic but Jesus wept, Louis Tomlinson deserves the biggest hug in the universe.
Totally agree with you. He has had it rough since the band ended and I was gutted for him when his long awaited tour was cancelled because of covid. His recent streamed show was amazing though!

It was very well known that Louis was so close to his mum and his sisters. Heartbreaking. None of us know Louis except his closest friends/family but from what we have learnt over the years losing his mum and his sister must have been so hard on him. His bio dad was a dick who left when he was really young and only got back in touch after xfactor and when Louis didnt entertain the idea of a relationship his bio dad went to the press threatening to talk. I think Louis was close with his step dad but doesnt seem to be anymore.

I really hope he has a good support system now his mum is no longer there for him. she seemed like his biggest supporter and a lovely woman. I loved how she would often (especially near the end of her life) let slip things Louis did for others that we weren't aware of. One of the things I always think of is a quote that Jay said when Louis had a bad day being portrayed badly in the press he would say to her "let's make someone happy today." He does a lot for different charities.

I also really hope that Louis has the opportunity to be more successful now he is making changes with his professional life as it did appear that he was being held back/not supported properly by his management/label. I would love to know more about what Louis did behind the scenes of 1D as things Liam has said and an old songwriter of their earlier albums have pointed towards him being the change from their earlier albums to their more grown up sound.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.