One Direction #2 It's been so long, it's been so long, maybe they're fireproof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apparently Louis DMed Jedward, jokingly telling them that they've lost the plot 😂. Not sure why he'd unfollow and then DM if true.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
What have Jedward been doing, apart from shaving their heads for charity? And why does Louis care? Am I missing something?

Reactions: 1
What have Jedward been doing, apart from shaving their heads for charity? And why does Louis care? Am I missing something?
Basically they're trying to expose SYCO/Modest Management, telling the truths of how cruelly Little Mix and 1D among others were treated like animals and controlled. They're not really saying anything we didn't already know but its always good when attention is brought to such a horrible situation. However I think they've lost a bit of credibility by saying that they were accidentally sent 1D's contract back in the day. Firstly, I imagine things like that don't just happen and secondly, I don't even think Jedward were signed to that management so there would be no way that the contracts would get mixed up. Also they've said stuff about xfactor and how the mentors do F all, and that the contestants should've been paid considering the amount of money the show generated.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Fair enough, the contestants should be paid for their appearance on the show - I thought they already did though? Some sort of performance fee? Were Jedward around the same time as 1D? And whatever happened to Matt Cardle?

Reactions: 2
Fair enough, the contestants should be paid for their appearance on the show - I thought they already did though? Some sort of performance fee? Were Jedward around the same time as 1D? And whatever happened to Matt Cardle?
Jedward were in the 2009 series,1D were 2010 and Little Mix were 2011. God knows whats happened to Matt. Probably 'parted ways' with Syco shortly after his win 😅 he released a new song a couple of weeks ago according to spotify though

Reactions: 2
It's quite possible the wrong contract was sent. Human error and major duck ups happen in all industries all the time. It would be great to see a documentary chronicling the control record companies have over artists.

I defo believe in all this, been reading it with some interest. A band im friends with have been approached numerous times to go on BGT. Syco basically offered them the chance to go on and they would go straight through to finals, syco would work around any commitments they had. But they had to delete everything they had ever done from Spotify/YouTube etc. Then sign that you are basically Simons witch. They’ve not done it but each year they get asked.
Wasn’t there another winner from Xfactor who kicked up and fuss? Can’t remember his name now. Also what happened to Lucy Spraggan was awful.

Reactions: 7
I defo believe in all this, been reading it with some interest. A band im friends with have been approached numerous times to go on BGT. Syco basically offered them the chance to go on and they would go straight through to finals, syco would work around any commitments they had. But they had to delete everything they had ever done from Spotify/YouTube etc. Then sign that you are basically Simons witch. They’ve not done it but each year they get asked.
Wasn’t there another winner from Xfactor who kicked up and fuss? Can’t remember his name now. Also what happened to Lucy Spraggan was awful.
Lucy's experience breaks my heart and the fact she was described as withdrawing from the show due to illness, was abhorrent. She'd been brutally assaulted and it was all swept under the carpet.

I know it's a family friendly show and, for legal reasons, what happened couldn't be acknowledged but after the event, when the man had been jailed and then deported, there should have been some kind of apology/reaction from Syco.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
It's quite possible the wrong contract was sent. Human error and major duck ups happen in all industries all the time. It would be great to see a documentary chronicling the control record companies have over artists.
I don’t know how they’d have been sent a syco contract when they were never signed to him but regardless, the contents of said contract was probably like how jedward are describing it😢

Lucy's experience breaks my heart and the fact she was described as withdrawing from the show due to illness, was abhorrent. She'd been brutally assaulted and it was all swept under the carpet.

I know it's a family friendly show and, for legal reasons, what happened couldn't be acknowledged but after the event, when the man had been jailed and then deported, there should have been some kind of apology/reaction from Syco.
What happened to Lucy? I can’t find any information online?

What happened to Lucy? I can’t find any information online?
She was r*ped by a hotel porter while barely conscious while she was a contestant and was unable to perform. They made up that she was unwell or something and had to withdraw from the competition.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
She was r*ped by a hotel porter while barely conscious while she was a contestant and was unable to perform. They made up that she was unwell or something and had to withdraw from the competition.
That’s awful. Sorry to hear that happened to her. :(

She could have not wanted it being made public herself. Far too many people blame the woman in rape cases.

Reactions: 3
She could have not wanted it being made public herself. Far too many people blame the woman in rape cases.
Even though she is openly gay? I know she was very drunk at the time, but he opened her locked hotel room door using his pass key, took photos of her using her iPhone, raped her, then bragged about it to his mates. I can't see anyone blaming Lucy for that. Lucy is now teetotal and I sometimes wonder if the rape was part of the reason to stop drinking.

I agree though, in the majority of rape cases, it's always the woman's fault for being pretty/wearing scanty clothes/being out late at night/being pissed/walking somewhere remote etc etc. I'm just watching the news and apparently there are many learning disabled and physically disabled women who have been victims of sexual assault. That is absolutely sickening.

Enough thread derailing from me - thanks for the heads up about Jedward's twitter :) I think I'm suddenly a fan! And Louis Tomlinson's tweet was funny :D

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
From Popbitch:
"I think it's the Queen that says, 'Never complain or never explain'. And that's something I think myself I do live by" - Liam Payne
Er, no Liam, poppet, it was actually Benjamin Disraeli, but you carry on trying to be an intellectual giant ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.