Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lira

VIP Member
It's not really whether or not they can be mistaken for a different race or not, it's completely changing skin tones to those that POC have previously and still get assaulted/put down for. It's appropriation. I'm South Asian and they're almost the same shade as me, minus the orange on my part. The difference is that I've been attacked in the past for the colour of skin while they are celebrated (by strange fans) for achieving the same thing with fake tan.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

DeluxeTruffles

VIP Member
I think you need to calm down.

You brought up his child. I did not say it was not his child. In fact, I did not mention a child.

As to Eleanor, she is probably a very good friend of his and part of his inner circle. They have known each other a long time. That does not mean the narrative of 'girlfriend' is true. He also has more than one house so I would imagine that they are not always under the same roof as each other. For example, he is in America right now. She is not. He moves around without her. I also don't believe it is to do with labels controlling him but that it is probably easier for him to carry on as he is.

You are welcome to believe what you wish, but please don't hysterically launch yourself at someone else if they believe something opposing. I have no desire for you to think what I think. You being sick and tired of something is your problem and not something that needs to concern me.

• Haha

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
He sees his son regularly, Some people are desperate to paint him as a deadbeat dad and he's anything but. His own dad buggered off when he was a baby, there's no way he wouldn't be an active parent with his son.

Ginlover92

Louis has had so much to deal with since 1D went on hiatus. His mum died. FFS. My beloved brother had the same kind of leukaemia and he survived and is alive and well to this day. Louis must have felt so helpless, his mum was so desperately ill and no amount of money could save her life. Cancer is a fucking bastard. Then poor little Fizzy, so distraught and so caught up in addiction to various substances that probably made her feel better, but ultimately killed her.

I could cry when I think what that poor man has gone through.

Sorry I've gone right off topic but Jesus wept, Louis Tomlinson deserves the biggest hug in the universe.
Totally agree with you. He has had it rough since the band ended and I was gutted for him when his long awaited tour was cancelled because of covid. His recent streamed show was amazing though!

It was very well known that Louis was so close to his mum and his sisters. Heartbreaking. None of us know Louis except his closest friends/family but from what we have learnt over the years losing his mum and his sister must have been so hard on him. His bio dad was a dick who left when he was really young and only got back in touch after xfactor and when Louis didnt entertain the idea of a relationship his bio dad went to the press threatening to talk. I think Louis was close with his step dad but doesnt seem to be anymore.

I really hope he has a good support system now his mum is no longer there for him. she seemed like his biggest supporter and a lovely woman. I loved how she would often (especially near the end of her life) let slip things Louis did for others that we weren't aware of. One of the things I always think of is a quote that Jay said when Louis had a bad day being portrayed badly in the press he would say to her "let's make someone happy today." He does a lot for different charities.

I also really hope that Louis has the opportunity to be more successful now he is making changes with his professional life as it did appear that he was being held back/not supported properly by his management/label. I would love to know more about what Louis did behind the scenes of 1D as things Liam has said and an old songwriter of their earlier albums have pointed towards him being the change from their earlier albums to their more grown up sound.

• Heart

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
Anyone see Harry at the Brit Awards? His accent scarily changed from pseudo Californian to Northern lad and back again. Bless him, he needs to come back to the UK. We can take him down the pub for a pie and a pint and get him back to his usual accent. Who's in? I'm paying;)

• Haha
  • Heart

tattle420

VIP Member
i can't get over how no one bothers talking about liam... poor guy honestly. but he is just cringe 🥴

• Haha

duskwithoutdawn

Chatty Member
Ngl I find it kind of in bad taste when people try to claim that any of the 1d boys were somehow underdogs. Aside from Zayn as a POC, they’re all very rich white men who had access to top of the line producers, engineers, writers, instrumentalists, managers etc available to them with massive label investment behind them as a band, and they had multi-million dollar bank accounts as teenagers to fund passion projects that they wanted to invest in or spend on property, art, lessons to improve their craft etc. Like, they were in the biggest band on the planet at one point lol, that’s a position millions of musicians won’t ever get to and would kill to have. Even the ones who aren’t as successful are still doing better than 99% of aspiring musicians out there. They all got #1 songs lol and I don’t really see how any of the 5 guys were less manufactured than the other given the way they were marketed. They all had opportunities to make connections in the band, some took those opportunities, others didn’t or burned those bridges 🤷‍♀️

Rose28454

VIP Member
Of course I understand people have to make money somehow, but considering the festival is free (you had to apply for tickets), seems a bit much charging £15 to stream the show when it’s not even live either
I’m working at his gig on Monday. Will spill the tea next week

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

DeluxeTruffles

VIP Member
People get so defensive about Harry. That is another thing that I don't get. It is very 'you don't understand him, you don't understand his sexuality, don't label him and misunderstand him' as though he is some kind of rainbow sexual unicorn.

• Haha

DeluxeTruffles

VIP Member
Ah the never ending saga of which of One Direction is gay and which one is currently having a break down and which one is lying about their love life.

It's better than Dynasty.

• Haha

Diddikins

VIP Member
Whether you like them or hate them you have to admit so many people have made money/careers out of the boys from 1D. Even without all the management and record companies. Louis’ sisters (and actually Harry’s too) have careers and/or a platform that they would never have had. Lou Teasdale is another example. They only had to be seen in public with someone and that persons social media following would go through the roof.

liam was always my favorite member of 1D. i feel like he's so earnest and tries so hard but just doesn't know himself at all, and it 100% seems like he stays in relationships because he's hoping someone else will fill that void for him. during 1D days i was friends with some of his friends from back home, and they were (and are) super grounded, sweet guys. i don't know how much contact they have with liam anymore, though i think being around people who truly know and love him is the best thing he could do for himself. i always hope he will find a way to be happy with himself. :(

• Heart

gossipgirlxxo

VIP Member
I think it’s crazy how the twins have gotten away clubbing/drinking in pubs so long at age 16/17 🤷‍♀️
It doesn’t help they hang out with girls in their mid 20s, how can they not see everyone just uses them? I’m 27 and would never want to hang out with a 17 year old. They’ll always be in the wrong crowds, I’m worried for them when they turn 18 tbh when they’ll be able to do even more stuff/go more places

• Wow

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
There's actually some really great songs in the One Direction catalogue when you listen back. Certainly towards the end of their time.

I don't want to sound controversial but we all can guess why the Tomlinson girls, and Gemma to some extend, got all those opportunities and Zayn sisters didnt...

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Idk why i got got the feeling that harry couldnt stand liam 😂 but the only instance i can think of is one of the later interviews where they kept being snarky to each other.
Liam: "That was the most monotonous thing ever"
Harry" well thats me liam if you dont like it..."

I really wish this thread was more active i dont wanna be the only loser still chatting shit about a long gone boyband 😤
Harry makes me laugh in that interview 🤣🤣
I love it when he gets moody.

My favourite moment is when they were in Japan and he got some disposable masks and Niall asked if he could have one. When he’s like I GOT A PACK OF 5 I HAVE A SPARE ONE YOU CAN HAVE GOD 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

duskwithoutdawn

Chatty Member
I have no issue with people thinking that a celebrity is gay/not straight (and it's quite clear Harry isn't straight). But the Louis/Harry theories are actively harmful to the people around them and what people have done to them under the guise of 'finding out the truth' is not okay (hacking Anne's icloud, catfishing Robin before he died with fake cancer charity emails, disregarding that Joanna loved Eleanor, questioning Freddie's birth etc).

• Heart

DeluxeTruffles

VIP Member
I think Louis is fit. Part of the appeal is that he seems pretty grounded and wants to do normal stuff with normal people. Maybe he has done the yacht hopping, celeb mingling bollocks and it is just not for him. He seems quite low key (if you ignore living in LA some of the time and having millions in the bank).

Anyway, I think he has sex appeal and you can't always put your finger on what that is exactly. While I don't think there is anything wrong with his hair and he looked great when he went to that wedding a few weeks back, he has such amazing bone structure that short hair does look good on him. Further back we were discussing his haircuts and the peaky blinders cut and the quiff are both good in my book. He does smoke a shit lot though and has for a long time so that is ageing. Also, he does not seem to care much about juice diets and vegan lifestyles like so many celebs. I can imagine him eating Coco Pops for breakfast, a pot noodle for lunch and burger and chips for supper. I think there is something refreshing about seeing a young popstar be so laid back about his appearance and not at all vain.

Attachments

• Heart