One Direction #2 It's been so long, it's been so long, maybe they're fireproof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On the topic of Liam, he seems so lost or something he’s now selling NFTs which are actually completely bad for the environment I read somewhere that every time you buy an NFT a section of a rainforest gets cut down or something like that? It’s basically cryptocurrency but way worse. I do feel bad for him though cause anytime you see him in the news it’s always something to do with one direction or a reunion. I think the thing with Liam is he never really moved on from the band in my opinion. The rest did something (whether you consider it big or small) and have moved on from it. Liam just seems to want a reunion which eventually I do think will happen but not for a good few years when they’re all a bit bored and stuck for cash. Because the money doesn’t last forever!
I see a lot of people say that NFTs are just another way for rich people to spend money and feel special about it, which explains why so many celebs are into it but it seems pointless to the rest of us!

Reactions: 3
Tbh I feel like NFTs are a bit of a bubble right now. The people selling them are making bank but they bubble will eventually burst in a couple of years. The sellers will have made their £££ and the people who bought them will be left out of pocket with something completely worthless. It disappoints me Liam would get involved but I’m also not surprised given how lost he his. He’s just trying grasp onto a current trend.

Reactions: 2
Ngl I find it kind of in bad taste when people try to claim that any of the 1d boys were somehow underdogs. Aside from Zayn as a POC, they’re all very rich white men who had access to top of the line producers, engineers, writers, instrumentalists, managers etc available to them with massive label investment behind them as a band, and they had multi-million dollar bank accounts as teenagers to fund passion projects that they wanted to invest in or spend on property, art, lessons to improve their craft etc. Like, they were in the biggest band on the planet at one point lol, that’s a position millions of musicians won’t ever get to and would kill to have. Even the ones who aren’t as successful are still doing better than 99% of aspiring musicians out there. They all got #1 songs lol and I don’t really see how any of the 5 guys were less manufactured than the other given the way they were marketed. They all had opportunities to make connections in the band, some took those opportunities, others didn’t or burned those bridges 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 10
Ngl I find it kind of in bad taste when people try to claim that any of the 1d boys were somehow underdogs. Aside from Zayn as a POC, they’re all very rich white men who had access to top of the line producers, engineers, writers, instrumentalists, managers etc available to them with massive label investment behind them as a band, and they had multi-million dollar bank accounts as teenagers to fund passion projects that they wanted to invest in or spend on property, art, lessons to improve their craft etc. Like, they were in the biggest band on the planet at one point lol, that’s a position millions of musicians won’t ever get to and would kill to have. Even the ones who aren’t as successful are still doing better than 99% of aspiring musicians out there. They all got #1 songs lol and I don’t really see how any of the 5 guys were less manufactured than the other given the way they were marketed. They all had opportunities to make connections in the band, some took those opportunities, others didn’t or burned those bridges 🤷‍♀️
I agree with this 100%. By following them since x-factor it was obvious at that time that Zayn spent the time experimenting with drugs/ were high a lot of the time (most times with Louis) Louis seemed happy enough with how things were going band wise but was also high loads, Liam said he drank a lot and Niall had golf. Harry was the only one who seemed to intentionally make industry friends so then when the time came, those people wanted to work with him - even if HS1 wasn’t the greatest album known to mankind he has still got a reputation of being an absolute professional and lovely to everyone, which makes people want to continue working with him. It isn’t rocket science really.

Reactions: 9
Anyone else think some of them seemed really ungrateful at times? If you go to a concert, would you rather the person is giving it their all or would you be fine with them casually taking breaks onstage to eat and drink, and not care that they are surrounded by a stadium full of people who paid to see a performance

Like the previous comment said, so many musicians would love to have that level of success, and would make the most of it

Reactions: 1
Anyone else think some of them seemed really ungrateful at times? If you go to a concert, would you rather the person is giving it their all or would you be fine with them casually taking breaks onstage to eat and drink, and not care that they are surrounded by a stadium full of people who paid to see a performance

Like the previous comment said, so many musicians would love to have that level of success, and would make the most of it
In their defence, you need little breaks when performing on stage and expecting someone to perform for an hour and a half straight without having water is taking the piss.
You can give it your all and take breaks. Most artists will take breaks in between songs, artists alot bigger than the 1D boys.

Oh very much so and they still are quite ungrateful in my opinion. I thought they seemed a lot more down to earth and sort of humble when they were in the band.The ticket prices for Harry’s show are so expensive aswell like a lot of people don’t have £10 lying around after Christmas nevermind £200 it’s ridiculous and just pure greed in my opinion. I just think they all should be incredibly grateful of what they all have because we all know success isn’t promised forever and sometimes your success can end quickly!

In their defence, you need little breaks when performing on stage and expecting someone to perform for an hour and a half straight without having water is taking the piss.
You can give it your all and take breaks. Most artists will take breaks in between songs, artists alot bigger than the 1D boys.
Water is fine. I'm talking about the times when some of them would start drinking tea or eating nachos while the others talked to the audience. I've been to many concerts and personally have never seen other people do this

Water is fine. I'm talking about the times when some of them would start drinking tea or eating nachos while the others talked to the audience. I've been to many concerts and personally have never seen other people do this
Fair enough, I’ve never witnessed anyone do that so I didn’t take that from your comment 😂 I was more on about how most artists will take water breaks and have chat with the audience in between sets, like Rihanna did this, so did Jay-Z, Adele, Ed. Like I assumed this was what the boys did on their solo tours

Fair enough, I’ve never witnessed anyone do that so I didn’t take that from your comment 😂 I was more on about how most artists will take water breaks and have chat with the audience in between sets, like Rihanna did this, so did Jay-Z, Adele, Ed. Like I assumed this was what the boys did on their solo tours
Here's a couple examples

Noodles, burgers, popcorn, tea, bananas etc

The worst is the one where harry is talking to the audience and Louis looks bored while eating nachos

Attachments

• Wow
Here's a couple examples

The worst is the one where harry is talking to the audience and Louis looks bored while eating nachos
Wow that’s really unprofessional.
Water, fruit and even tea (although you’re not meant to have dairy if you’re singing) I can cope with but you don’t really need to be eating a pot noodle in the middle of a concert.

When people originally booked they were not booking for a stadium though. I have no desire to see anyone in a stadium.

Are those people having to rebook also having to pay more because the venue size has increased?
This. I wanted to see harry ridiculous that's it only 3 places.. the exact same reason I haven't booked ed sheeran. They're horrible and so far away

I can't believe I really went to see 1D live and they just walked around the stage for 2 hours, there was literally no organization or choreography to it, it's so bizarre to think about haha

I'm really interested to see how Harry does the Wembley shows. Can't imagine him doing anything as flashy as this and it is a bigggggg space

I can't believe I really went to see 1D live and they just walked around the stage for 2 hours, there was literally no organization or choreography to it, it's so bizarre to think about haha

I'm really interested to see how Harry does the Wembley shows. Can't imagine him doing anything as flashy as this and it is a bigggggg space
1d looked so bored during the stadium shows. The stages and crowds are so big that you can't just stand there and not do anything

Harrys stage presence as a solo artist is a lot better than when he was in the band so maybe his solo stadium shows will be better

Here's a couple examples

Wow! I cam understand fruit and water but burgers are a bit of a piss take!

I want to defend Niall and wonder if it is a hot water and lemon 🤣🤣

Find it so odd that zayns family haven't met his daughter, and he didn't attend his 2 sisters weddings

He bought his younger sister a house but I've heard he didn't do the same for waliyha. Apparently she was staying in a "house" in the garden of the family home for a while because there were disagreements between her and the dad, but her mum still supported her

• Wow
Find it so odd that zayns family haven't met his daughter, and he didn't attend his 2 sisters weddings

He bought his younger sister a house but I've heard he didn't do the same for waliyha. Apparently she was staying in a "house" in the garden of the family home for a while because there were disagreements between her and the dad, but her mum still supported her
I’m pretty sure he bought Waliyha one as a wedding gift.

Safaas was very last minute and Waliyhas was done illegally during covid so not really odd that he didn’t attend. Waliyhas own dad didn’t attend

both gigi and Zayn were strict on who could meet khai cause of covid and his sisters weren’t taking restrictions seriously.

I’m pretty sure he bought Waliyha one as a wedding gift.

Safaas was very last minute and Waliyhas was done illegally during covid so not really odd that he didn’t attend. Waliyhas own dad didn’t attend

both gigi and Zayn were strict on who could meet khai cause of covid and his sisters weren’t taking restrictions seriously.
He didn't buy waliyha a house. There was a lot of talk around Bradford about her husband's family and reputation, and how he wouldn't be able to afford to "keep up with her lifestyle". Seems like waliyha is getting support from her mum

Safaa has a playroom type thing in her house for her daughter and has her daughter and Zayns daughters name on the wall. Implies that they are close but that's not the reality anymore

Understandable if Gigi and Zayn were restricting who seen khai, but you'd think his dad would have went

Didn’t the majority of 1D fans still lap up their shows at the time? It’s one of those things where they would just be so happy to be seeing them they didn’t care about the professionalism/quality of the show.

It’s probably a good thing there was no choreo, from what I remember non of them sold themselves as being dancers? 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.