Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DeluxeTruffles

VIP Member
I think like the others have said it is probably the drink and your friends being rowdy etc. I haven't heard anything about him being a dick. In fact, you only ever hear people say he is the nicest of nice guys. Everyone acts like an arse sometimes though and I certainly did in my 20s on nights out.

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
It's not really whether or not they can be mistaken for a different race or not, it's completely changing skin tones to those that POC have previously and still get assaulted/put down for. It's appropriation. I'm South Asian and they're almost the same shade as me, minus the orange on my part. The difference is that I've been attacked in the past for the colour of skin while they are celebrated (by strange fans) for achieving the same thing with fake tan.
I’m going to sound blunt and horrible and I don’t mean to I just want to try and get it. Yes, racism exists and it’s a horrible thing. It’s a ridiculous notion that even one person is stupid enough to judge someone on the colour of their skin. However, that isn’t lous fault. We’ve only seen her with a filter over herself, she doesn’t even look another race with a tan on, she just looks like she needs a good wash. Like one of those girls in school who didn’t shower in between tanning days because it would wash off the “glow”. She could also tan in the sun, considering she’s been away 99% of the summer that isn’t out of the realms of possibility and she put a bit of tan over it so she doesn’t look patchy.

What’s the solution? Do away with tanning completely? What does that solve other than bracketing people back into skin colour boxes? Obviously if it’s a bigger picture issue with poc then it should be addressed but she isn’t Jessie from LM or Arianna Grande level just yet in my very white opinion. Obviously your opinion on the subject matters more.

(I have no horse in this race, I don’t use false tan and none of my family members who are poc have ever addressed it so it isn’t a conversation I’ve had IRL.)

cinzia

They've always been allowed to do whatever. Who else remembers when Phoebe got Instagram when she was a child and starting posting stuff she really shouldn't have... I didn't follow her but remember seeing people tweeting jay, saying she should take control of Phoebes Instagram. She posted a topless picture and it seemed like no one in her family actually stepped in and told her that wasn't okay
Sorry…. As in a full tit pic??? When she was 10??? What the actual fuck.

orlyb1310

VIP Member
I have no idea about the song Caroline, as I don't know what he has said about it. Whenever I have heard him talk about songs it is always the same answer "you can interpret it any way you like" and he has said that about 1D songs too.
He talks about it in the little documentary that came out with his first album - the song is basically about a girl from Carolina who he had a short, casual relationship with but he namedrops her in the line
'Moved all the way 'cause her grandma told her "Townes, better swim before you drown".

And this is Townes
1625662581160.png

I think most of Fine Line is about Camille. On the first album, Only Angel is believed to be about Kendall, Two Ghosts about Taylor and then Carolina about Townes.