Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
Ngl I find it kind of in bad taste when people try to claim that any of the 1d boys were somehow underdogs. Aside from Zayn as a POC, they’re all very rich white men who had access to top of the line producers, engineers, writers, instrumentalists, managers etc available to them with massive label investment behind them as a band, and they had multi-million dollar bank accounts as teenagers to fund passion projects that they wanted to invest in or spend on property, art, lessons to improve their craft etc. Like, they were in the biggest band on the planet at one point lol, that’s a position millions of musicians won’t ever get to and would kill to have. Even the ones who aren’t as successful are still doing better than 99% of aspiring musicians out there. They all got #1 songs lol and I don’t really see how any of the 5 guys were less manufactured than the other given the way they were marketed. They all had opportunities to make connections in the band, some took those opportunities, others didn’t or burned those bridges 🤷‍♀️
I agree with this 100%. By following them since x-factor it was obvious at that time that Zayn spent the time experimenting with drugs/ were high a lot of the time (most times with Louis) Louis seemed happy enough with how things were going band wise but was also high loads, Liam said he drank a lot and Niall had golf. Harry was the only one who seemed to intentionally make industry friends so then when the time came, those people wanted to work with him - even if HS1 wasn’t the greatest album known to mankind he has still got a reputation of being an absolute professional and lovely to everyone, which makes people want to continue working with him. It isn’t rocket science really.

Reactions: 9

sleepflowers

VIP Member
Niall and Louis always got the worst end of the deal when it came to solos in the early days - I don't think Louis had a single solo during X Factor, he always had someone else (usually Liam), singing with him. I watched those performances more than I care to admit after the hiatus and he looked awkward at times, probably because he felt like a mug for never actually singing.
The video of Niall going 'ahhhhh' as backing vocals on X Factor 😭

• Haha
  • Sad

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
Wearing outfits was alright but no one expects the artist they are seeing to stop and have a pot noodle on stage
Fans infantized them though. They were "silly" and the whole draw for a lot of fans was that they appeared hopeless on stage with no real coordination - including eating and drinking on stage. I can't see a band getting away with it now, but at the time it was definitely a thing fans loved and the draw of a show.

Hodgies

Chatty Member
My love for Harry has been steadily declining over the post 1D years and this latest stunt has just eroded it completely. I didn't have tickets for the last tour, I just don't like his music enough to pay to see him live but I would be raging if I had. You don't shaft fans who have patiently waited years to see you, you play the shows you planned in the venues you planned. Buying tickets a couple of days early isn't going to make up for it when inevitably there's going to be more people fighting for tickets as less venues.

DeluxeTruffles

VIP Member
Seen snippets of his live shows in Texas. He looks on good form, he's obviously loving being back on stage.
I wish him well, I don't know why I find him so endearing, but I do. I hope he is not a massive prick behind closed doors.

• Heart

gossipgirlxxo

VIP Member
I first saw this on Instagram and assumed it was an edit/fake… it’s not, Liam actually posted it! The fangirl in me can’t cope

• Haha

xoxoqefyfhdbst

The whole fandom seems to be way to obsessed with who the boys date and their sexualities, Harry’s response of ‘who cares?’ I can agree with.

In reality only they know their sexuality and it may be different to what they share with the public but that’s their choice and fans should respect that. At the moment all the boys are dating women and have only publicly dated women in the past. Not everyone believes that these relationships are real and believe that the boys are queer as they’ve been in relationships with each other (Larry, Ziam). My issue is, is when people try and prove that their dating/dated, whether they did or didn’t these boys aren’t out so in reality these fans are trying to out them which I find disgusting and then these fans call those who don’t believe in these ships homophobic. Ofc there’s fans who are homophobic but I find it ironic that these people trying to out their ‘idols’ are preaching about homophobia.

Harry queer bating is a hard one. Does his brand capitalise off the LGBTQ community? Yes definitely. But do I think he should be forced to share his sexuality with the world? No. I see sexuality as no one else’s business but that persons. I’m queer myself but would I be really open about my sexuality if I was as famous as him? probably not, for many reasons just like I’m not hugely open about it now. Part of me feels like seeing he profits off it, he should talk more about issues affecting the community and show he’s an proper ally (rather than just waving a pride flag on stage) but that’s up to him/Management, he didn’t sign up to be an activist and there is so many better ones that he would be.

What annoys me is fans push him as this massive queer idol and get upset when people in the community reject that idea. Like I said he’s done nothing for the community. They think it’s groundbreaking that he’s wearing a dress when in reality it’s nothing new and their pushing this image that he must be queer because he’s wearing a dress. I’ve seen stuff where fans have become more open and less homophobic because of him which I think is great and I’m glad and I just hope Harry can maybe be a stepping stone for those to research proper queer idols and activists.

I don’t really care about what sexualities the boys are it’s non of my business, what I do care about though is that they’re happy and safe and if they are queer they are able to come out in their own time not feel forced to by fans.

• Heart

It's so weird how different each group of siblings reacted to the fame, i think Zayn sisters took it the worst and Gemma the best imo, or maybe Lottie because she got a career as well so props to her

Reactions: 8

orlyb1310

VIP Member
I bet the Hadids act very snobbish towards Zayn. Yes he has money now but he’ll still be some chav from Bradford in their eyes🙁

• Sad

Guitarwarrior

VIP Member
As I mentioned in Harry’s thread. He,his team and ticket outlets will have known about this this for long enough. They’ve held on to everyone’s money and conveniently not mentioned anything for months. There’s no excuse for not updating and refunding money sooner. The expectation that fans have money to drop instantly on new tickets is ridiculous. Not to mention the Shows are in the middle of exam season.

The way they’re treating uk fans I’d absolutely disgusting and I hope a few wake up and take some sort of stand about how they’ve been treated by not buying into this new tour.

sephylily

VIP Member
I'm seeing so many Americans on my fyp saying they're going to go to the UK shows because they're stadiums and mitski's playing but I think it's really unfair for the UK fans.

• Wow

tattle420

VIP Member
I just gotta say that i feel so so bad for louis and his family and i honestly cant fathom the grief this boy has gone through in sich a short period of time. I distinctly remember finding out on twitter that felicite had passed and i felt so heartbroken for him 💔 hope he has a strong support system no one deserves to go through this

• Heart

Dogleggedhat

VIP Member
Do you mean like this Dogleggedhat? If so, then yeah, he looked very very hot. Although I am coming to the conclusion that there is no photo of Louis that I DON'T find very very hot.

And lets just have a suit photo of the 4 of them to start the day off right...
YES! that first pic was my favourite phase of his. Probably could have done with a bit of warning before those pictures lol!

niall seems like a really lovely fella but I just can’t find him attractive at all,he just looks like such a little boy to me bless him(I’m sure he is devastated that someone in their mid thirties doesn’t find him attractive lol!)

• Haha

PeonyBlush

VIP Member
He called Gigi his partner in his statement but also said they are co-parenting?! Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t co-parenting mean the parents are not currently together but are raising the child/children equally?

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
I don't want to sound controversial but we all can guess why the Tomlinson girls, and Gemma to some extend, got all those opportunities and Zayn sisters didnt...
Same reason Liams haven’t. L+G travelled with the lads, got a good social media platform from it and subsequent jobs, moved to London and working while not really rocking the boat or causing drama.

gossipgirlxxo

VIP Member
It must be so weird for the twins because 1D got together when they were 6, they won’t remember life before then so they never really grew up with Louis just being Louis, he would’ve always been a rich famous pop star to them. I wonder if their relationship is much different with him to Lottie’s and Felicite’s is/was

duskwithoutdawn

Chatty Member
this is honestly disgusting given they've "apologised" for blackfishing and using anti-black slurs...they don't see any issue with how they're darker than the brown backdrop for this event?

• Wow

orlyb1310

VIP Member
What happened to Lucy? I can’t find any information online?
She was r*ped by a hotel porter while barely conscious while she was a contestant and was unable to perform. They made up that she was unwell or something and had to withdraw from the competition.

• Wow
  • Sad