Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
I’ve never really looked into Mnetessori but having just done some googling of schools locally I can see very little difference in the setup my daughters primary school has. Am i missing something?
Basically, montessori is set up to teach every child at their individual need, pace and ability. Mainstream schools teach at the same level for all chidlren, regardless of thst child is above or below that level.

Mainstream school is timetabled, lessons are time limited, montessori allows time for children who need extra time to understand and pick something up or can accomodate children who work quicker and need more things to do.

Reactions: 2

ceecee454

Chatty Member
It’s interesting that you’ve brought up attachment theory, because attachment parenting seems to be based upon a complete misinterpretation of attachment theory. You don’t need to be an attachment parent to have a securely attached child, despite what sanctimonious APs preach. Being loving and responsive is enough. You don’t need to martyr yourself.
yep couldn’t agree more! the concept of attachment parenting isn’t really well defined and there is definitely no scientific link between attachment parenting and secure attachment, though parents who practice AP would have u believe otherwise

Peanut0205

I’m just waiting for the next book about parenting after loss, extended bf and gentle parenting pea style. Watch out Sarah cockwell smith 😬

• Haha

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
We covered this a while ago in an earlier thread - breastfeeding makes you immune to injury, disease, suffocation... Anything you can think of, is covered by Nicola's boobs.

I'm actually surprised they aren't anti-vaxxers tbh. Surely raven wouldn't want needles sticking in her limbs and what raven says, goes.
Ah yes, silly me, I forgot about the miracle boobs.

You can put babies in the front but not rear facing...obviously the back is far safer so don’t know why she wouldn’t do that. Not like Raven can reach baby too much if she’s secured too...unless she doesn’t want her seat belt on....

Ht1234

Didn’t see this shared on last thread, but apologies if I missed it.
So even before Ember was born she was planning on focusing her time, effort and breasts on Queen Raven!!
So shocked at this!! It’s like the new baby is just an inconvenience.

Cubalibra

Chatty Member
Not that I’ve inspected too closely but it looks like the hook from the nursing bra is pulled down and then her jumper is pulled up. It’s 100% been arranged that way to provoke a reaction, she just plays to see what she can get away with on insta. That’s not breastfeeding, it’s just putting your nipple on insta.

I missed out on the infamous insta story too 🤦🏻‍♀️ I feel like he became scruffy when he met Pea. He used to bleach his hair and have it all swept over & was clean shaven!

I dont think her nip shot was intentional. There have been times when i have forgotten to put my boob away but that is because i was answering the door/being beckoned by another child, not to use my phone.

Spider12

VIP Member
Ember is the most beautiful baby. Did Nicola reply to the commenter about not leaving the newborn screaming? On the fb group post?

Theplantmum

I know them...well used to. Dean is honestly such a nice guy - he’s a bit shy. I never really clicked with Pea (knew Dean first).

When they lost Winter I reached out to her and understandably she was devastated. We then lost our baby and I reached out to her again in hope of being able to talk to someone who could relate and offer similar tones of sympathy.

I asked her if she’d like to get together but just got a load of coping mechanism tosh, a feeling that her loss was greater than mine and how I SHOULD be feeling and how connecting on Instagram would help me (I’m just not this kind of person).

I did carry on following her for a little while but then unfollowed her because of the gentle parenting shite (I’m gentle with boundaries) and the constant baby loss triggers. Having lost my own baby, I would put a trigger warning on if I was to ever share photos just because of the emotional wave that I know I get when I come across anything baby loss related. But I feel the photographs are personal to me & my family and they don’t depict that my baby has passed in them but I think baby loss captioning can be just as triggering...

Have been lurking/pondering about posting for a while with knowing them so will just be careful what I say 😬

Although saying that Dean is a nice guy doesn’t make up for the fact he’s notably absent from pretty much everything
Sorry to hear that you lost your baby ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1

BethanyGilbert

VIP Member
I don’t think Dean gets a choice, from his FB he used to post loads - from winters death through to R. Up until these weird behaviours all creeped in. I honestly think he’s been totally shut out. As someone said before as a retail manager his store won’t even be open so surely he’s furloughed?
Are things open for click and collect at the moment? Could he be doing that?

Reactions: 1