Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ceecee454

Chatty Member
I don't have an issue with people labelling their parenting, do whatever works for you.

What I do have an issue with are parents like Nicola who decide on a parenting method and then it take it too far to the extreme and therefore anything connected with it becomes thought of as dangerous or unsafe or ridiculous etc.

I used a sling and co slept and a bit of gentle parenting and I work in a childcare setting where I can also be gentle and discipline where necessary. My child hasn't grown up to be a knob (he's 13, he has his moments mind)

But now with the extremes and unsafe practices Nicola has, it continues to give all those things a bad name.

It sounds like she's pushed her entire family away, she's about to push Dean away and she's definitely going to damage her relationship with Ember and I reckon at some point Queen Raven will eventually spread her wings and go as she will have been suffocated all her life.

It's fine to her when she's 3 but won't be so great when she's 16 and Nicola still wants to be involved in everything she does.
have to disagree that it’s fine when she’s three. so many of the things nicola does are creating foundations for (if not already) really unhealthy emotional behaviours in their child-parent relationship.
they call conception - 2 years 1001 critical days and there is lots of information about how this time is most essential in forming early relationships, a template for future relationships and emotional and social
behaviours

Reactions: 1

Peanut0205

Oh dear that book thing is horrible! I would really love to know exactly what the woman in question was doing. Maybe she lost the rag a bit like we all do. What is it these Instagrammers always say when people complain about their story content? “You only see a snapshot of my day, you can’t judge me on that” I feel similar logic could maybe have been applied here? She saw a snapshot of another mums day. I truly believe if what was happening was horrific / abusive / dangerous then recommending a bloody book wouldn’t be the route to go down!
Word 🙌🏻

Bentonandcarter

Ok thank you! I had no idea. I’ve been a lurker For a really long time, I’m not sure if it says when I joined, but not today anyway and that was first ever post! Just editing to add I joined on the 22nd of June, I just haven't posted before

I just thought maybe other posters might watch some of their comments when it came to the children as I know that’s encouraged on some of the other threads I read - well the Mrs Hinch one anyway!

Apparently itll mean she can clean the house! She does know she is 3.5 and can easily walk out of her cage? I cant stand the way she sits on the table. Whats wrong with teaching them to sit on a chair? Or is that too mainstream? Dick...
She needs a week of childfree days to clean that house 🤢

Theplantmum

Thank you ❤ it's been tough coming to terms with it, it's a long journey.

Yes she has, I've said it before and I'll say it again - she's not gentle, she's permissive.

No is not a bad word.
Preparing your child for the world isn't a bad thing.
Whats bad is allowing your child to think they are the centre of the universe and that nothing and no one else matters.
Imo, this isn't going to lead to a happy life for Raven
Couldn't agree more!

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
Ember is getting so big already it’s mad how in those first weeks they start piling on the beef! I know it’s not a race thread however I am pleased to see she’s out and about a lot. Pre birth (obviously third trimester is fucking UGH so I get it) I was a bit concerned at how much she was “moping” around for want of a better term.

Also I didn’t and don’t co-sleep. The fear is too much for me although I’m aware of safe practices. Fully respect those who do. It bugs me slightly though how a lot of the co-sleeping crew are so “Yeah it’s fine just do it” about the subject. NHS guidelines say not to do it don’t they? Or heavily imply you shouldn’t. NHS guidelines can of course be dated or “wrong” or whatever but it’s just the lack of thought from the crunchy crew that gets me. Like there’s a new mum or dad out there who wants to do it all by the book and you’re really blasé about it.
NHS guidelines about co sleeping are the same as the Lullaby Trust. They don't advice people not to, they offer the same co sleeping guidelines as well as the safe sleep positions to put your baby in in the cot.

Peakyblinders

VIP Member
I feel this, I’m so sorry for your loss. My baby was born at 30 weeks living and breathing but unwell and consequently passed away a few hours later and when I spoke to her through knowing her through Dean she too made me feel this way. I really think advocating baby loss through her insta is a stretch and that it’s more of a memorial page for her loss only. ❤

I too had this experience with a health visitor ❤
sorry for your loss. So do you know her and dean personally? What are they like in real life?

Ember is getting so big already it’s mad how in those first weeks they start piling on the beef! I know it’s not a race thread however I am pleased to see she’s out and about a lot. Pre birth (obviously third trimester is fucking UGH so I get it) I was a bit concerned at how much she was “moping” around for want of a better term.

Also I didn’t and don’t co-sleep. The fear is too much for me although I’m aware of safe practices. Fully respect those who do. It bugs me slightly though how a lot of the co-sleeping crew are so “Yeah it’s fine just do it” about the subject. NHS guidelines say not to do it don’t they? Or heavily imply you shouldn’t. NHS guidelines can of course be dated or “wrong” or whatever but it’s just the lack of thought from the crunchy crew that gets me. Like there’s a new mum or dad out there who wants to do it all by the book and you’re really blasé about it.
I had a look as I was curious, they don’t say don’t do it but they list some risks and reasons not to do it. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/baby/...uce-the-risk-of-sudden-infant-death-syndrome/

The Lullaby trust have guidelines on safe co sleeping, finally. https://www.lullabytrust.org.uk/safer-sleep-advice/co-sleeping/

Purple star

Chatty Member
That poor baby is never out that sling..It can't be a good thing! I've got kids and I never had or wanted 1

tippingpoint

VIP Member
I had a look as I was curious, they don’t say don’t do it but they list some risks and reasons not to do it. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/baby/...uce-the-risk-of-sudden-infant-death-syndrome/

The Lullaby trust have guidelines on safe co sleeping, finally. https://www.lullabytrust.org.uk/safer-sleep-advice/co-sleeping/
Ah I see! Thanks for the info and that’s great about Lullaby Trust because they’re so trusted and a go to place for solid advice. It definitely works for some (and in some cultures it’s the only way they do it) but I feel sometimes the co-sleeping crew are a bit like “JUST DO IT WHY YOU EVEN WORRYING”.