Old School Reality TV

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Club Reps was brilliant! 😂 I think I saw Maz in Manchester definitely in the last few years. I recognised her voice and it took me ages to remember where I recognised her from!
I loved Paddington Green although I only watched for the two girls at Sylvia Young Theatre school! 🙈
I liked Paddington Green too and watched for the same reason as you. I looked up Lia Saville ages ago and it doesn’t look like her career ever took off but I’ve seen Dominique on many tv shows over the years

I liked Paddington Green too and watched for the same reason as you. I looked up Lia Saville ages ago and it doesn’t look like her career ever took off but I’ve seen Dominique on many tv shows over the years
OMG Paddington Green!! I remember that there was a transexual prostitute who played the piano and an elderly guy who made God awful wigs.

Reactions: 1
If anyone is having a hard day, make yourself a strong brew, put your feet up and pop this classic - or should I say golden oldie - on 😆

TURKISH TOYBOYS

I know the video is rubbish quality but the subject is so hilarious, it’s worth it. Terry and Debbie are top shaggers and LEGENDS 🤣

This was one of a three parter from channel 4 back in 2008 called Man Hunters about women who go on holiday and (directly or indirectly) pay men for sex. Another episode featured a lovely little old lady who went to the Dominican Republic and had a long term arrangement with a hotel entertainer who was memorably called Spaghetti 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
If anyone is having a hard day, make yourself a strong brew, put your feet up and pop this classic - or should I say golden oldie - on 😆

TURKISH TOYBOYS

I know the video is rubbish quality but the subject is so hilarious, it’s worth it. Terry and Debbie are top shaggers and LEGENDS 🤣

This was one of a three parter from channel 4 back in 2008 called Man Hunters about women who go on holiday and (directly or indirectly) pay men for sex. Another episode featured a lovely little old lady who went to the Dominican Republic and had a long term arrangement with a hotel entertainer who was memorably called Spaghetti 🤣
Omg just watching this? Vaguely remember watching thi back in the day, I cannot believe they bring their children on these trips!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I used to love Brat Camp! Also, World’s Strictest Parents.

Does anyone remember a show on E4 called Switched?

Also MADE on MTV, Date my Mom, Next, Room Raiders.

There was also a show called Living in the Edge which was a UK version of shows like The Hills before Made in Chelsea and Only way is Essex took off.
I was obsessed with MTV Made! It seems the participants have been allowed to self publish their episodes as a lot have turned up on Youtube.

If you remember Danielle who was sent to “fat camp” as it was known then, she took her own life a couple of years ago, so her sister has uploaded it in her memory. I think she had struggles with addiction.

Dov, who became a “white rapper”, is an architect in NY now, I believe. His father wrote the song Funkytown which has since become an internet meme because a Mexican cartel played it as they tortured a man…the video of the torture went viral. Awful to have the legacy of your song tarnished by something like that 😕

• Wow
My super sweet 16
The one episode that stands out to me is the girl that had grown up really poor and then been adopted into a rich family. She was so spoilt and nasty to her friends

The celeb performers on the UK and the US versions just weren’t the same

Reactions: 3
I was obsessed with MTV Made! It seems the participants have been allowed to self publish their episodes as a lot have turned up on Youtube.

If you remember Danielle who was sent to “fat camp” as it was known then, she took her own life a couple of years ago, so her sister has uploaded it in her memory. I think she had struggles with addiction.

Dov, who became a “white rapper”, is an architect in NY now, I believe. His father wrote the song Funkytown which has since become an internet meme because a Mexican cartel played it as they tortured a man…the video of the torture went viral. Awful to have the legacy of your song tarnished by something like that 😕
Just watched Danielle's episode on your recommendation! She seemed such a lovely girl! Her sister said she had an opiate problem after a botched gastric band surgery. I assumed it was an accidental overdose? 😥

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Just heard Morcheeba - The Sea on the radio and reminded me of Shipwrecked. I wanted to go on that so badly. Can't find any good quality videos of it to watch.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Just heard Morcheeba - The Sea on the radio and reminded me of Shipwrecked. I wanted to go on that so badly. Can't find any good quality videos of it to watch.
I remember watching that on Sundays in the middle of winter and just wishing I was there

Reactions: 4
The only Shipwrecked I watched was the one that had Tristan Tate and Stephen Bear. I might try and find the others to watch

If anyone watched UK Castaway back in 2000, someone has uploaded full episodes on YouTube.

Also the YT channel OurStories has lots of series of old reality shows like Airline etc uploaded and actively adding.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I keep getting shown edits of Airline on Tiktok and they are so popular, it's a Jane Boulton love-in in the comments :LOL:

If anyone watched UK Castaway back in 2000, someone has uploaded full episodes on YouTube.

Also the YT channel OurStories has lots of series of old reality shows like Airline etc uploaded and actively adding.
I loved watching Castaway - I have the book somewhere 😊

I liked The Osbournes - I've got the entire box set on DVD somewhere.
Also early Jackass (does that count?) was good, in my opinion the later seasons just seemed that they were doing anything for shock value and less feeling like daft lads doing daft stuff and having fun.
I also watched Viva La Bam, but I wasn't comfortable with the increasingly brattish behaviour.

And the original Big Brother, I remember when that launched, it was crazy, the concept of it felt so weird, but I also remember that on occasions if I couldn't sleep, I'd turn on Big Brother, and they would be asleep, but I just kept it on anyway because it seemed like company.
I still think of the "I Like Blinkin', I do", from Helen, and when she was overjoyed that her Gucci shoes had little "G"'s on them.

Reactions: 6
I liked The Osbournes - I've got the entire box set on DVD somewhere.
Also early Jackass (does that count?) was good, in my opinion the later seasons just seemed that they were doing anything for shock value and less feeling like daft lads doing daft stuff and having fun.
I also watched Viva La Bam, but I wasn't comfortable with the increasingly brattish behaviour.

And the original Big Brother, I remember when that launched, it was crazy, the concept of it felt so weird, but I also remember that on occasions if I couldn't sleep, I'd turn on Big Brother, and they would be asleep, but I just kept it on anyway because it seemed like company.
I still think of the "I Like Blinkin', I do", from Helen, and when she was overjoyed that her Gucci shoes had little "G"'s on them.
The first series of BB was great, remember how none of them even had any idea if people were watching and they played music to drown out the noise of the crowds outside? Also nasty nick and his lies were great 🤣

Driving School is on the BBC iPlayer. Proper old school reality madness. Maureen is just hilarious, bless her, what makes it funnier is that her husband works as a bus driver but he just goes mental when he tries to tutor her 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3