Old School Reality TV

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else remember little angels?! The one with dr tanya byron
I really liked her, she’s not on TV as much now. I didn’t realise she was married to the guy who was in The Bill.
---
I never understood why anyone agreed to be on that show, a mortifying watch 🤣
I think they advertised it as are you young and going on your first holiday and that’s how they managed 😂

Reactions: 2
I really liked her, she’s not on TV as much now. I didn’t realise she was married to the guy who was in The Bill.
---

I think they advertised it as are you young and going on your first holiday and that’s how they managed 😂
But the parents?!

Reactions: 1
The villa on sky one. Like an early version of love island

Club reps. Literally made me want to to faliraki so much

Prickly heat on sky one. Julian clary and Denise Van outen

Girls of the playboy mansion.

Snog marry avoid

The Salon on E4

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m currently re watching ‘Spendaholics’ and ‘The fairy Jobmother’ on YouTube. It’s great because in a few cases, the people who took part have commented to say how they’re doing now. Either that or commenters have managed to track them down online to see what they’re up to.

Both of these could easily make a comeback today.

Reactions: 3
Playing it straight, one woman dates a bunch of guys, some straight some gay, she picks them off one by one, if at the end she chooses a straight guy they split the cash, if she chooses a gay guy he takes the lot

Also beauty and the beast...couples out together who have never met, the female half extremely pretty/good looking, the male either not good looking at all or having something 'wrong' with them. Not sure if I'm remembering this right but I think the men were always really clever and they had to do challenges based on either intelligence or looks which obviously only one person out of the couple could do brilliantly.

Can't imagine any of these shows on TV now!

• Heart
I used to love Supersize to Superskinny- an overweight person swapped diets with an underweight person for a week. And they followed a group of recovering anorexics each week. Absolutely wouldn't be allowed now!

In terms of reality TV, Celebrity Love Island 2005 with Callum Best, Rebecca Loos, Abbey Titmuss, Lee Sharpe etc was the absolute best!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I used to love Supersize to Superskinny- an overweight person swapped diets with an underweight person for a week. And they followed a group of recovering anorexics each week. Absolutely wouldn't be allowed now!

In terms of reality TV, Celebrity Love Island 2005 with Callum Best, Rebecca Loos, Abbey Titmuss, Lee Sharpe etc was the absolute best!
I’m surprised they haven’t tried to bring back the celebrity version

• Haha
Does anyone remember this lady? I felt like she really did the circuit back in the day: snog, marry, avoid, spendaholics, I'm sure she did something else under a different name too.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The one where it was meant to be Prince Harry ? 😄

No I didn't but I do remember There's Something about Miriam which you would never get away with now
Yes it was.
It was so awful they stopped airing it after just four episodes in the US.
My favourite bit was when they’d be doing a random activity with “Harry” and then fake security would appear to take him on a helicopter for urgent business 🤣

Yeah that would never be aired now. I think there was lawsuits from the contestants on the show and she committed suicide a couple of years ago 😟

• Haha
Yes it was.
It was so awful they stopped airing it after just four episodes in the US.
My favourite bit was when they’d be doing a random activity with “Harry” and then fake security would appear to take him on a helicopter for urgent business 🤣

Yeah that would never be aired now. I think there was lawsuits from the contestants on the show and she committed suicide a couple of years ago 😟
Yeah I listened to a podcast about it recently was really tragic what happened to her.

As for the Harry one how did they think they would ever pull that off 😄🤣

Reactions: 1