Old School Reality TV

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone remember I’m Famous & Frightened on LivingTV? A load of old school celebs like Terry Nutkin and Julie Goodyear spent the weekend in a haunted location and got voted off one by one.

Also, Drop The Celebrity in which eight celebrities were suspended in helicopters above the sea and we voted on which one we wanted to be pushed out. Cheryl Baker ending up breaking her leg!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
Does anyone remember a UK series from I think early 00's following couples getting married?

There was a lesbian couple, a teenage couple, a born again Christian and some others that I can't remember. Can't for the life of me think what it was called.

Reactions: 3
Does anyone remember a UK series from I think early 00's following couples getting married?

There was a lesbian couple, a teenage couple, a born again Christian and some others that I can't remember. Can't for the life of me think what it was called.
Was this the show on BBC Three and were the lesbian couple called Michelle and Susan.We’re one of them cried when they saw the other one out enjoying the hen night when they were meant to of cancelled it because of an argument.They bought tit loads of stuff from Poundland for the hens.

Was this the show on BBC Three and were the lesbian couple called Michelle and Susan.We’re one of them cried when they saw the other one out enjoying the hen night when they were meant to of cancelled it because of an argument.They bought tit loads of stuff from Poundland for the hens.
I remember this show. I think this is it. Wedding stories

Yes, that's the one!

Wedding Stories. Only a couple of part episodes available on YouTube annoyingly.

Reactions: 1
Yes, that's the one!

Wedding Stories. Only a couple of part episodes available on YouTube annoyingly.
Brilliant I could never remember the name going to watch it on YouTube later.😘I remembered all they other shite and their names but not the shows😂.I also liked the show with the 3 princes who came to England looking for a wife.One was gay so was able to date a bit.He was Indian I think.Fab show

Wedding Stories was one of my favourite reality programmes ever!

I'd love to know if any of them are still together. I remember there was one who had a big marquee in her parents massive garden (or was it his parents garden...can't remember now!). And in between the weddings being planned etc there were little talking heads bits with couples who'd been married for 50 or 60 years ❤

• Heart
Wedding Stories was one of my favourite reality programmes ever!

I'd love to know if any of them are still together. I remember there was one who had a big marquee in her parents massive garden (or was it his parents garden...can't remember now!). And in between the weddings being planned etc there were little talking heads bits with couples who'd been married for 50 or 60 years ❤
There was a lady called Chvonne and a man called Darren. I was looking for wedding stories clips and saw they were on This Morning 5 years ago, still together

Don't know if this had been mentioned previously, but was reminded of it after a post on Facebook!
It was The Marriage on bbc1, couple from Wales, Mark and Karen, Desmond Wilcox made it and narrated it, and Su Pollard sang the theme tune

Reactions: 4
Anybody remember an old programme that followed couples/ families who moved abroad and started businesses? Similar to 'A Place in the Sun', but earlier... there was one episode where the husband died during filming and it all seemed a bit suspicious/ bizarre. The wife seemed very unbothered by his death and I'm sure there was an odd moment where the man's body was shown on camera in its casket 😲

Anyone remember this? I'm driving myself mad trying to find it!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Anybody remember an old programme that followed couples/ families who moved abroad and started businesses? Similar to 'A Place in the Sun', but earlier... there was one episode where the husband died during filming and it all seemed a bit suspicious/ bizarre. The wife seemed very unbothered by his death and I'm sure there was an odd moment where the man's body was shown on camera in its casket 😲

Anyone remember this? I'm driving myself mad trying to find it!
No Going Back. And I know EXACTLY the episode you're talking about. I have never forgotten awful, awful who loved herself, despite being pig bleeping ugly, and started shagging the help on the island under her husband's nose then shagged his best mate after he died. Truly a disgusting bleep.

EDIT - *that awful, awful woman.

So angry, I forgot to type 😂

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I vaguely remember this after Googling the pictures, did the British-Indian family live near an airport and the son work there? Or am I thinking of something else 😅

They lived near Heathrow airport. The dad was obsessed with cups of tea. There was a ringtone that my friend and I used for each other at the time, which was basically music interjected with the dad saying 'cup of tea?' every 15 seconds.

I remember the mum and daughter in law had a really lovely relationship, I think daughter in law had been cut off by her family for being with the son, and her mother in law basically became her surrogate mum.

I remember watching one set in Ayia Napa, and two girls bought some blokes back to their apartment - and it was the exact same apartment we stayed in (after theyd been).

There was also one featuring health and safety officers from London Borough of Haringey. There was a really old guy called Mr Trebus who lived in a massive house, but no one could get in because he was a hoarder and lived in a tiny corner of the house. A few episodes were quite sad, where they'd found people in flats who had been dead for ages and nobody had missed them.

Last edited:
They lived near Heathrow airport. The dad was obsessed with cups of tea. There was a ringtone that my friend and I used for each other at the time, which was basically music interjected with the dad saying 'cup of tea?' every 15 seconds.

I remember the mum and daughter in law had a really lovely relationship, I think daughter in law had been cut off by her family for being with the son, and her mother in law basically became her surrogate mum.

I remember watching one set in Ayia Napa, and two girls bought some blokes back to their apartment - and it was the exact same apartment we stayed in (after theyd been).

There was also one featuring health and safety officers from London Borough of Haringey. There was a really old guy called Mr Trebus who lived in a massive house, but no one could get in because he was a hoarder and lived in a tiny corner of the house. A few episodes were quite sad, where they'd found people in flats who had been dead for ages and nobody had missed them.
Ahh! I remember Mr Trebus well! It was Life of Grime that he was in! He certainly led the council a merry dance 😆
It was lovely seeing him eventually get the care he needed in the nursing home, and living out the rest of his days in comfort