Old School Reality TV

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if these have already been mentioned, but does anyone remember a T4 reality show called 'Boys will be girls'
They basically took 4 has-been male popstars and they had to convince people they were a girl band 😆 couldn't imagine a show like that today!

I also loved Holiday showdown back in the 00s. The rich family would spend more on their Holiday than the poor family would earn in a year, so obviously there was always massive fights, v.entertaining TV!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Sorry if these have already been mentioned, but does anyone remember a T4 reality show called 'Boys will be girls'
They basically took 4 has-been male popstars and they had to convince people they were a girl band 😆 couldn't imagine a show like that today!
I remember that, and one of the contestants was Marvin from future group JLS but he backed out

One that many people I mention it to hasn’t seen is a backstage reality-based version of Jerry Springer, following the writers, producers and crew making episodes of Jerry Springer. It used to openly show the guests being coached and acting out their scenes backstage with the crew before they went on stage in front of the audience. I was shocked because I thought they always maintained everything was real and yet they blatantly showed it was not.

Reactions: 1

I also loved Holiday showdown back in the 00s. The rich family would spend more on their Holiday than the poor family would earn in a year, so obviously there was always massive fights, v.entertaining TV!!
Me! They covered a Flock of Seagulls song lol

There was a bbc3 show called Britain's missing top model around 2007. They were competing for a modelling contract and were all disabled.
A couple of them are now quite successful (I remember Sophie Morgan was in it and got very stroppy when she didn't win, but knowing reality TV, this may have been edited!)
It was quite ahead of it's time looking back, haven't seen anything like it since.

Reactions: 2
There was a bbc3 show called Britain's missing top model around 2007. They were competing for a modelling contract and were all disabled.
A couple of them are now quite successful (I remember Sophie Morgan was in it and got very stroppy when she didn't win, but knowing reality TV, this may have been edited!)
It was quite ahead of it's time looking back, haven't seen anything like it since.
I remember that didn’t she storm out? I’ve seen the ginger haired girl that was on it pop up on Instagram a few times but other than her & Sophie I haven’t heard of any of the others.

This thread makes me want to go back in time 🤣

My favs:

Wags boutique
Bad lads army
Ladette to lady

Imagine those shows now 🙈 they would get slated in the media

Reactions: 5
Just seen on Twitter, Jeremy from Airport is going to be back soon with a documentary about Heathrow!

• Heart
Loved the Katie and Peter one, it was so odd my parents thought it was a mockumentry a la Alan Partridge, the women with the short hair who was always making faces was a particular high light.
laddette to Lady was brilliant TV, the only crap thing was the ladies bullying the laddettes so much, they weren’t that bad, just letting off steam.

The one in which a very big person and a very small person swap diets for a week. The best bit is when they put a days worth of food in a big clear tube to show them how much they were over/under eating. Unfortunately on re-watching it was pretty clear they all had eating disorders, hardly any of the small people looked significantly healthier when they go back after three months.

Last edited:

My favs:

Wags boutique
Bad lads army
Ladette to lady

OMG Wags Boutique!! I remember some of the ladies at work desperately trying to buy the charity hoodies they stocked.
I also used to like the Bank of mum and dad programme that aired around the same time.
Screenshot_20220210-161106_Samsung Internet.jpg

My favs:

Wags boutique
Bad lads army
Ladette to lady

Ladette to lady was one of my favourites especially when it was the Australian Ladettes

Even to this day this still makes me howl with laughter 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

“I could of been off!”

• Haha
Sorry if been mentioned but not read the thread yet,
Does anyone remember that show on ITV a few years ago "I wanna marry Harry" and it was a "lookalike" a bit like the bachelor format but those women thought it was actually him 🤣 surely they weren't that daft

• Haha
Sorry if been mentioned but not read the thread yet,
Does anyone remember that show on ITV a few years ago "I wanna marry Harry" and it was a "lookalike" a bit like the bachelor format but those women thought it was actually him 🤣 surely they weren't that daft
I watched this. My favourite bit was when to make it look real the security would suddenly take him away on urgent business 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Not sure if this has been mentioned as read the thread ages ago but who remembers tool academy? Another one that probably wouldn’t be allowed these days!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Not sure if this has been mentioned as read the thread ages ago but who remembers tool academy? Another one that probably wouldn’t be allowed these days!
Omg I forgot this existed 🤣 I vaguely remember the show

• Haha
Ok, technically kids reality shows, but who remembers 'Bring it on' on CBBC? Was fronted by Dick and Dom, then Barney and Jake and then a female pairing.
They actually had them doing some interesting stuff like writing and performing a pop song, doing Bognor Birdman, working on a cruise ship (remember Dick and Dom getting very short tempered with the kids haha!)

Also 'Rule the school'. A load of kids set lessons for their teachers, remember a 'punishment' was having to listen to the band Scooter on repeat for a hour 😂

Ok, technically kids reality shows, but who remembers 'Bring it on' on CBBC? Was fronted by Dick and Dom, then Barney and Jake and then a female pairing.
They actually had them doing some interesting stuff like writing and performing a pop song, doing Bognor Birdman, working on a cruise ship (remember Dick and Dom getting very short tempered with the kids haha!)

Also 'Rule the school'. A load of kids set lessons for their teachers, remember a 'punishment' was having to listen to the band Scooter on repeat for a hour 😂
yeah that rings a bell , can't beat 90s/early 2000s cbbc I might start a thread 🤣

Dick n dom in da bungalow was halirious too , I watched a clip the other day where they put a scary video on for the kids n they tit themselves all the kids were crying 🤣 and dick n dom were laughing to the camera , wouldn't get away with it now

There was a cbbc program in the 90s can't remember the name but I remember one episode where they had a gymnast from the UK swapping places with a gymnast from Russia and it was just showing the differences between the two. I've made it sound very boring 😁

Started a new thread for 90s/2000s kids TV if anyones interested