Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
I’m enjoying it very much, interesting to see Thelma Barlow in it! (Mavis from Coronation St). I don’t check TV listings and have never even watched Talking Pictures till tonight. Thanks again, Dolly!
I’ve recorded it..will do others and have a good ghost watch.🥰

Reactions: 2

thegirlscout

VIP Member
They made a comment to Dyan in the show that Cary Grant was one of the biggest stars in the world or something to that effect - in the early sixties would he have still be seen with the same awe by younger women, was he still that popular with everyone?

Reactions: 1

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
I love Scott. He's mostly on Patreon now but does put stuff on YT as well. He also does a podcast with Mike Dorsey who did the Six Degrees Of Helter Skelter DVD with him among other things.

As others say she wasn't decapitated. Her official cause of death was a crushed skull and avulsion of the cranium and brain. There are photos of the scene and it wasn't pretty. A reporter who was there claimed there was something else wrong with her but wouldn't say what because he 'wanted to respect her final appearance on earth'. The funeral director all but confirmed it saying he spent a long time having to reconstruct it to get her ready for her relatives to view her and many fans assume either one of her eyeballs popped out or part of her face was ripped away.

Here is a site where the reporter and funeral director go into detail about what happened. So if you do read it, they go into detail about things.

Soo very sad.🙁

• Sad

Emerald37

VIP Member
Joan's secretary said that yes Joan had her faults, but did not abuse her children.

On the other hand, the actress Helen Hayes said "Joan was not quite rational in her raising of children. You might say she was strict or stern. But cruel is probably the right word". Helen Hayes' son, James MacArthur (the original Danno from Hawaii 5-0), recalled finding Christina's brother tied to a bed during one visit.
Well you could say the secretary probably knew her better than anyone else. Christopher as far am I aware said Christine was lying.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
The series they’re making about The Godfather looks excellent 👌🏻
Ooh I hadn't heard about that. Is about the making of the films? I heard a programme on Radio 4 recently about the making of The Godfather and it was very interesting. How Coppola had to fight hard for some of his choices eg the casting of Brando.

catscradle

Gene was such a beautiful lady. Always had a soft spot for her since she spent her early years in my part of the New England and attended a very famous ladies prep school I used to drive by everyday.
I know which school you mean - the campus looks so picturesque. I've always wanted to visit that part of the world!