Old Hollywood gossip & stories

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Inspired by this article I read recently:

Old Hollywood was so messed up and there are so many bizarre and scary rumours and stories.
All the stars being fuelled on pep pills to keep up with the gruelling schedules, affairs, abuse, potential murders, the list goes on.

Please discuss...
✨✨✨

• Heart
Reactions: 36
AGC used to have lots of blinds about old Hollywood, don’t know how true they were.

Reactions: 2
Joan Crawford was an said to be an appalling abusive mother to her adopted children.

And Grace Kelly (later Princess Grace of Monaco) was reputedly quite free with her favours 🤣

Reactions: 14
Kirk Douglas allegedly raped Natalie Wood so violently that she required hospital treatment.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Blimey. I knew he had a rep. As a sexual predator but I didn’t know it was that bad
I'm sure I read the sister Lana wood claimed she would reveal all once the rapist died. But poor Natalie wood had suffered at the hands of pushy mother and had affairs with older men including slimy Sinatra :(

Aren't there rumours he was involved in the murder of a girl in the late-1940s?
Jean Spangler

Just came across this site:

Blimey. I knew he had a rep. As a sexual predator but I didn’t know it was that bad
He's a nasty piece, and he looked it too

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Old Hollywood scandals are my jam, I love them. So many stories you think are too weird and incredible to true, yet they actually are true!
One of my favourites coming to mind is the story of Clark Gable and Loretta Young's baby. They had an onset affair (I think he was married at the time, if memory serves), she got pregnant but as a staunch Catholic she didn't want to have an abortion and didn't want to give the child up for adoption either. She left Hollywood for a few months and came back with this tall tale about adopting two infants, but one of the adoptions fell through, so she was just left with little baby Judy. I don't think any Hollywood insiders really believed her, and Judy was teased at school about Gable being her father. She met him twice growing up, but it wasn't until he'd died and she was getting married that Loretta told her the whole truth 😬

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Old Hollywood scandals are my jam, I love them. So many stories you think are too weird and incredible to true, yet they actually are true!
One of my favourites coming to mind is the story of Clark Gable and Loretta Young's baby. They had an onset affair (I think he was married at the time, if memory serves), she got pregnant but as a staunch Catholic she didn't want to have an abortion and didn't want to give the child up for adoption either. She left Hollywood for a few months and came back with this tall tale about adopting two infants, but one of the adoptions fell through, so she was just left with little baby Judy. I don't think any Hollywood insiders really believed her, and Judy was teased at school about Gable being her father. She met him twice growing up, but it wasn't until he'd died and she was getting married that Loretta told her the whole truth 😬
Do you listen to “You Must Remember This” there’s an episode of CG focusing on him and Carole Lombard and one on Loretta Young.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I have a book with really lots of gossip,fabulous stories,I was given the book by a friend of my aunt in the States.

original book Kenneth Anger.Love it.

Reactions: 15
I have a book with really lots of gossip,fabulous stories,I was given the book by a friend of my aunt in the States.

I had a copy my ex gave me. Threw it out in anger (no pun intended) wish I hadn’t!

Reactions: 9
Do you listen to “You Must Remember This” there’s an episode of CG focusing on him and Carole Lombard and one on Loretta Young.
Ooh I LOVE You Must Remember This 😍 The Carole Lombard one was so tragic, she was apparently rushing to get back home to Gable because she was worried about him cheating with Lana Turner. I love Lana Turner movies but she herself seemed to constantly attract trouble and create drama. Katie Price could never 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
I'm sure I read the sister Lana wood claimed she would reveal all once the rapist died. But poor Natalie wood had suffered at the hands of pushy mother and had affairs with older men including slimy Sinatra :(

Jean Spangler

Just came across this site:

He's a nasty piece, and he looked it too
The latest I read was Lana Wood is leaving a letter to reveal the rapist. And I do believe Robert Blake thinking something was not right/off about Mama Wood and Natalie. I would not put it past Mama Wood to allow people access to her.

And as for Jean Spangler my gut says Kirk Douglas certainly knew her much better than he claimed. Am torn if he was a big enough star to cover up a possible murder involvement like Hollywood Babylon I & II alleged for certain huge male icons.

Hollywood Babylon! There’s the original and a sequel Hollywood Babylon II. Some people have claimed the books are full of lies but good golly they are a good juicy read!

If you can get past the host’s voice (sadly I find her cadence incredibly painful) it’s a great podcast. And if you love a murder mystery? Wondery’s Murder in Hollywoodland is based on William J Mann’s Tinseltown: Murder, Morphine, and Madness at the Dawn of Hollywood about the murder of William Desmond Taylor.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Ooooh great thread.

Probably well known but one of Agatha Christie's books - The Mirror Crack'd - is based on Gene Tierney. She had contact with a fan who had measles whilst she was pregnant. The child had disabilities and was put into care. Gene had a break down as a result. She was incredibly beautiful.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Ooooh great thread.

Probably well known but one of Agatha Christie's books - The Mirror Crack'd - is based on Gene Tierney. She had contact with a fan who had measles whilst she was pregnant. The child had disabilities and was put into care. Gene had a break down as a result. She was incredibly beautiful.
I love Gene Tierney. I actually have a copy of her autobiography that I managed to get second-hand. I really admire how candid she was about her mental health struggles at a time when the stigma was so fierce...

And yeah I think Gene is one of the most beautiful woman ever, hands down. Her face is literally perfect!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Gene Tierney and Ava Gardner were hands down the most beautiful women in Hollywood.

• Heart
I love Gene Tierney. I actually have a copy of her autobiography that I managed to get second-hand. I really admire how candid she was about her mental health struggles at a time when the stigma was so fierce...

And yeah I think Gene is one of the most beautiful woman ever, hands down. Her face is literally perfect!
Gene was such a beautiful lady. Always had a soft spot for her since she spent her early years in my part of the New England and attended a very famous ladies prep school I used to drive by everyday.

• Heart
Reactions: 7