Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mark81

VIP Member
Funny face and The Band Wagon on bbc2 this afternoon so should be on iplayer this week

Reactions: 1

WickedThread

Chatty Member
I don’t know if anyone else watched the documentary on Rock Hudson: All That Heaven Allows? I was very underwhelmed, unfortunately.

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
Knew I’d see you on this thread Dolly, it’s totally fascinating I remember you mentioning the Babylon books on another thread 👍😃
Awww hiya DCI yes love gossip of Hollywood stars..Yes,those two books I’ve got are packed away somewhere.Bastards are hiding from me.🥴

Miss Ophelia

VIP Member
Love Thelma, she always brightens up an old film with her cutting one liners. This is my favourite from All About Eve, I often use it when commenting on one of Jack Monroe's tall tales:
View attachment 2393433
She holds the record for the most Oscar nominations in the supporting category, six times with no win.
Pinching if that’s alright I Buddy love it. Thanks ps Who is Jack Monroe?

• Haha

Mark81

VIP Member
UK...but I am VERY old!

Lots of musicals on in the afternoons in the olden days ;)

Wish they would show Brigadoon again, not seen that for years...

And Finians Rainbow

Thankfully Paint Your Wagon gets shown quite often, I loved Harve Presnell

Haha fair enough. Yeah used to watch them in 80s/90s growing up but must have completely missed this one.

Yeah seen Brigadoon a few times, Paint Your Wagon is so random but entertaining. Finians Rainbow I've heard of and think seen once

acorns56

feels depressingly commonplace, especially in Hollywood and especially in that era.

has anyone listened to the Root of Evil podcast? It’s about the black dahlia murder and it’s links to Hollywood corruption (sort of).
I’ve listened to it, found it really interesting.

Ginnyjo

VIP Member
OH thats triggered something in my brain, wasn't the original wolf man films effects achieved like this?

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
I see that Kenneth Anger, the author of the two Hollywood Babylon books, has died aged 96. It would seem that many of the scandals that he described were either inventions or exaggerations of the truth. But still a very good read.
Brilliant,I was given the first book hardback by my aunts friend many years ago in the States,still have it I then bought second book,loved em.In first book few dodgy pics.