Northern Ireland #3 Craic, conflict and current affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's sad that none of us are shocked about the PSNI situation isn't it? 😣
It’s not good at all. I do think the vast majority of officers are decent but it is clear there is something wrong culturally, either in certain areas or more widespread. It is good that the investigations are coming to light and being dealt with and there is an opportunity with recent recruitment to be able to change the culture however it needs to come from the top.

it Is clear they have no trust in both loyalist and republican areas.

Simon Byrne needs to resign…. I remember reading somewherr a while back about in his previous role in England there was some sort of scandal, can’t remember the details but I don’t believe his position is sustainable as there have been too many issues.

Reactions: 2
I was searching on tattle for any mention of Noah as I’m not entirely sure our neighbours (England,Scotland,Wales) are really aware of this situation & his murder as it is generally ignored by most of Northern Ireland’s media. Is there a thread?
Don't think so. Yes our media haven't given it much attention.
I'm listening to riddle me that podcast on the case at the moment, its been covered by a few big names.

• Heart
Don't think so. Yes our media haven't given it much attention.
I'm listening to riddle me that podcast on the case at the moment, its been covered by a few big names.
I’ll have to have a listen, breaks my heart that this wee boy will more than likely never get justice.
It baffles me in this day and age when a clip from a glider goes viral world wide within 24 hours yet this wee child is murdered, said murder is then being covered up & it feels like no one is doing anything (I know campaigners & his family & legal team are doing all they can) but where’s the fairness and equality for everyone in NI when this can happen and it can be hidden for 30 years and there’s not a massive uproar. If this was in England it would be a whole different story!
I say the powers that be are afraid of causing unrest within the communities but it’s ok for them to let the people that did this roam free 🥺

He doesn’t but it’s discussed on other threads
Will definitely have a read of them, thanks

Reactions: 3
I’ll have to have a listen, breaks my heart that this wee boy will more than likely never get justice.
It baffles me in this day and age when a clip from a glider goes viral world wide within 24 hours yet this wee child is murdered, said murder is then being covered up & it feels like no one is doing anything (I know campaigners & his family & legal team are doing all they can) but where’s the fairness and equality for everyone in NI when this can happen and it can be hidden for 30 years and there’s not a massive uproar. If this was in England it would be a whole different story!
I say the powers that be are afraid of causing unrest within the communities but it’s ok for them to let the people that did this roam free 🥺

Will definitely have a read of them, thanks
Honestly I think it’s because we are so used to corruption here that it doesn’t feel shocking anymore. I’m not a detective but after looking at some of the details of where and how Noah was found it’s clearly absolutely impossible that he put himself in that drain and that he was there for 6 days. Do the police normally search storm drains when someone goes missing?

Attachments

Honestly I think it’s because we are so used to corruption here that it doesn’t feel shocking anymore. I’m not a detective but after looking at some of the details of where and how Noah was found it’s clearly absolutely impossible that he put himself in that drain and that he was there for 6 days. Do the police normally search storm drains when someone goes missing?
I completely agree, the damage of being physically in that drain for 6 days would be so much different than to what damage found on Noah’s body & no!! They’re normally locked, the behaviour of some of the residents in the specific area of the storm drain really raised a red flag with me at the initial search, people who were searching were reporting that certain residents were shouting vile things at them and then the conflicting reports about his bike, where are the rest of his clothes? Don’t get me started on the Father’s Day prank?! Like what the hell who thinks this is normal? If I seen a naked child in a street, never mind a child who wasn’t familiar to me as a resident in my street I’d be certainly concerned, why weren’t they? It’s completely fucked up

Nothing adds up, his hands and feet submerged makes it even more suspicious, if you saw a naked child in the street your first thought would be sexual assault , you’d be straight on the phone to report it, if Noah planned on ending his life I’d doubt a storm drain would be on his list when he was headed to NI most notorious suicide spot where it would be over in minutes ,not suffering in a dark hole 🕳

Last edited:
I completely agree, the damage of being physically in that drain for 6 days would be so much different than to what damage found on Noah’s body & no!! They’re normally locked, the behaviour of some of the residents in the specific area of the storm drain really raised a red flag with me at the initial search, people who were searching were reporting that certain residents were shouting vile things at them and then the conflicting reports about his bike, where are the rest of his clothes? Don’t get me started on the Father’s Day prank?! Like what the hell who thinks this is normal? If I seen a naked child in a street, never mind a child who wasn’t familiar to me as a resident in my street I’d be certainly concerned, why weren’t they? It’s completely fucked up
And the narrative that he stripped himself and that was willingly cycling around the city naked? They said he was doing this because he was disoriented from a head injury. Coroner’s report then said he didn’t have head injuries? Then the statements from people saying they heard screaming through the night.

Nothing adds up, his hands and feet submerged makes it even more suspicious, if you saw a naked child in the street your first thought would be sexual assault , you’d be straight on the phone to report it, if Noah planned on ending his life I’d doubt a storm drain would be on his list when he was headed to NI most notorious suicide spot where it would be over in minutes ,not suffering in a dark hole 🕳
Exactly. Highly unlikely he even knew that storm drain existed. No foul play indeed. I’d like to know what made them search that drain.

And the narrative that he stripped himself and that was willingly cycling around the city naked? They said he was doing this because he was disoriented from a head injury. Coroner’s report then said he didn’t have head injuries? Then the statements from people saying they heard screaming through the night.

Exactly. Highly unlikely he even knew that storm drain existed. No foul play indeed. I’d like to know what made them search that drain.
Far too many inconsistencies , there needs to be a public inquiry.

I didnt realise his body was that far into the storm drain! I know noah was last seen by residents near that storm drain but I wonder was there a tip off to search it?

Reactions: 4
I didnt realise his body was that far into the storm drain! I know noah was last seen by residents near that storm drain but I wonder was there a tip off to search it?
100% a tip off, they were told where and when to find him there, how else would they know to go that far into the drain to find him?

Reactions: 4
I knew he was found along way inside it but I wasn’t aware just how well he was hidden. If it was suicide like they want us to believe he certainly went to great lengths to ensure he’d never be found for a 14 year old child who had such a close relationship with his mother.

The family have said the powers that be are now trying to block Fiona’s access to legal aid and her legal team are saying they’ve never known such strong resistance to a valid legal aid application. Why???

• Wow

Exactly - wasn’t there a statement from someone that allegedly seen him fall off his bike and don’t forget the young boy who also got attacked by an adult & group of young males in the same area while he was cutting through to go home to ‘the other side’ who was also on a bike, he was battered but was able to escape.

I knew he was found along way inside it but I wasn’t aware just how well he was hidden. If it was suicide like they want us to believe he certainly went to great lengths to ensure he’d never be found for a 14 year old child who had such a close relationship with his mother.

The family have said the powers that be are now trying to block Fiona’s access to legal aid and her legal team are saying they’ve never known such strong resistance to a valid legal aid application. Why???
they’re trying to silence her. Fiona would have the backing of 99% of people in NI alone if she needed to start a go fund me for legal costs, more prominent people need to shout for this wee boy, it needs to go to Westminster, there needs to be an independent investigation and the bastards that murdered him need taken off our streets

Reactions: 5
I hope it doesn't decend into a political football it would only take credence away from the families plight .

Exactly - wasn’t there a statement from someone that allegedly seen him fall off his bike and don’t forget the young boy who also got attacked by an adult & group of young males in the same area while he was cutting through to go home to ‘the other side’ who was also on a bike, he was battered but was able to escape.

they’re trying to silence her. Fiona would have the backing of 99% of people in NI alone if she needed to start a go fund me for legal costs, more prominent people need to shout for this wee boy, it needs to go to Westminster, there needs to be an independent investigation and the bastards that murdered him need taken off our streets
This is the other thing I don't get....we all know politicians love to jump onto a "cause" but there's been barely any mention? The odd obligatory tweet but no actual action. They have to know more or have been warned not to draw more attention to it

This is the other thing I don't get....we all know politicians love to jump onto a "cause" but there's been barely any mention? The odd obligatory tweet but no actual action. They have to know more or have been warned not to draw more attention to it
This is the response from our so called justice minister Naomi Long. I used to really like her but lost all respect for her after this. Who are the police protecting and why?

I know Noah’s Mum is in contact with Stephen Lawerence’s family, hopefully they can help her get Noah’s story out there to more people. They waited 19 years for justice.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.