Northern Ireland #22 The Good Friday Arraignment

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"thankfully that was when people actually went to jail for sex crime"

A very stupid comment. People are far far more likely to go to jail these days for sex crime than in yesteryear.
---
I don't agree with all of this blog piece (his implication that victims of abuse should report it immediately after it happens if they want to be taken seriously is cack-handed and he gets quite rightly lectured on it in the comments) but this excerpt is spot on in my view:

---

I think you meant to say alleged victims. I wasn't aware that the court case had concluded and the accused had been found guilty. If so, the PSNI's efficiency has increased rather dramatically.
I was being a bit sarcastic with my comment because several times a week we have posted here of peados who have got off with things.

Reactions: 5
Talk of life changing impacts from what happened and that’s how it all came to be exposed!
And also alleged that flight altercation was related.
That’s exactly what I’ve heard too. The life changing impacts are particularly disturbing. And the flight altercation- well it all makes sense now…
---

A very stupid comment. People are far far more likely to go to jail these days for sex crime than in yesteryear.
---
I don't agree with all of this blog piece (his implication that victims of abuse should report it immediately after it happens if they want to be taken seriously is cack-handed and he gets quite rightly lectured on it in the comments) but this excerpt is spot on in my view:

---

I think you meant to say alleged victims. I wasn't aware that the court case had concluded and the accused had been found guilty. If so, the PSNI's efficiency has increased rather dramatically.
Jesus who pissed on your cornflakes 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
That’s exactly what I’ve heard too. The life changing impacts are particularly disturbing. And the flight altercation- well it all makes sense now…
---

Jesus who pissed on your cornflakes 😂
Leave Jesus alone he has been dead in a tomb since Friday. Any wonder he is a bit grumpy when he woke up

• Haha
Reactions: 4

---

---

He might well be innocent until proven guilty but it sounds more like you’re saying the (alleged) victims are lying until proven otherwise tbh.

As for it being hard to prove because it’s historical, nobody knows what evidence the police have. Clearly enough to charge him

The Noah inquest hasn’t concluded yet either but you seem to have made your mind up about what happened there, as is your right. People are capable of making their own minds up and forming their own opinions, as long as it doesn’t put themselves or a potential trial at risk what’s the problem?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Last edited:
Reactions: 2
What are the opinion polls looking like in the south now after the ref?
FF FG and SF are down and independents are up. Realistically at least one of the big three is going to have to be in the next government. Think SF are still the most popular and they're back pedalling like mad on immigration so that might save them. There is nobody sensible to vote for to be honest.

Reactions: 4
FF FG and SF are down and independents are up. Realistically at least one of the big three is going to have to be in the next government. Think SF are still the most popular and they're back pedalling like mad on immigration so that might save them. There is nobody sensible to vote for to be honest.
If I could vote, I’d vote SF purely because it’s time for a change. Let’s see how something different could work out. Could be the same old tit, could be something better. Only one way to find out

Reactions: 1
There seems to be a big shift in the south, even the comments under that tweet above show a lot of anti shinner feeling.I think they will win mainly because there’s no cutting ties with the EU and they’re the best of a bad bunch! I’d like to see the Independents hold them to account though.

Reactions: 3
If I could vote, I’d vote SF purely because it’s time for a change. Let’s see how something different could work out. Could be the same old tit, could be something better. Only one way to find out
They're too socially liberal for me - euthanasia, trans, hate speech etc. They've backed up the current government in everything they've wanted to do until they did a u turn on the hate speech bill this week.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.