Northern Ireland #22 The Good Friday Arraignment

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d love to know where they’re going to house all those convicted of hate speech? Jails are bursting!

Reactions: 1
Reading these things about the physical implications potentially harming a fertility journey - can anyone elaborate? I don't really understand? Do you mean that she was *internally* physically harmed by him and it affected her falling pregnant naturally?

Jk Rowling is doing a thread I suspect she has been saving for just the right moment….

She'd only love to be reported and investigated! If they go after her they'll open a massive can of worms.
Apparently Humza Yousaf has been reported a fair bit already because of his speech complaining that all the important jobs in Scotland were held by white people.

Reactions: 3
Reading these things about the physical implications potentially harming a fertility journey - can anyone elaborate? I don't really understand? Do you mean that she was *internally* physically harmed by him and it affected her falling pregnant naturally?
Could be anything , including a termination if she fell pregnant from the abuse ,all can affect fertility .

She'd only love to be reported and investigated! If they go after her they'll open a massive can of worms.
Apparently Humza Yousaf has been reported a fair bit already because of his speech complaining that all the important jobs in Scotland were held by white people.
The thing is she has done something powerful here as if they go after people who don’t have the financial means she does for saying the same thing then they can just point out if she hasn’t been arrested.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The thing is she has done something powerful here as if they go after people who don’t have the financial means she does for saying the same thing then they can just point out if she hasn’t been arrested.
She's forcing their hand for sure. She'll definitely be reported and how they treat her case will have an impact on all other similar cases. Fair play to her. Even outside of JKR, I think this law is going to be a shitshow for Scotland and a massive headache for the police.

dear god I hope that's not the case 😭
I remember reading a book yrs ago ( Toni Maguire “ Don’t Tell Mummy “ ) autobiography of the abuse she suffered, very humbling and stayed with me all these yrs, it’s horrifying what victims go through.

That’s what I heard yeah, that they were trying for a family, went for further investigation and the discovery was made that she had been ‘damaged’ as a child. It’s from a text I received that is doing the rounds so I don’t know the origins of it or if there’s any truth to it at all.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
She's forcing their hand for sure. She'll definitely be reported and how they treat her case will have an impact on all other similar cases. Fair play to her. Even outside of JKR, I think this law is going to be a shitshow for Scotland and a massive headache for the police.
Yeah. I think free speech is important. I don’t think anyone should be abusing people but being offended by something is very subjective.
For example, I don’t like the “ooh a up the Ra” chants from the Wolfe tones and find it offensive/insensitive but I know a lot of you have the polar opposite view but I don’t think you should all be locked up for it.

Yeah. I think free speech is important. I don’t think anyone should be abusing people but being offended by something is very subjective.
For example, I don’t like the “ooh a up the Ra” chants from the Wolfe tones and find it offensive/insensitive but I know a lot of you have the polar opposite view but I don’t think you should all be locked up for it.
Yet we’re subjected to GOV FUNDED annual parades calling for our death 😂👌…Will the hate speech bill cover this 🙄

Reactions: 5
That’s what I heard yeah, that they were trying for a family, went for further investigation and the discovery was made that she had been ‘damaged’ as a child. It’s from a text I received that is doing the rounds so I don’t know the origins of it or if there’s any truth to it at all.
Good God, appalling if true. I guess we may hear at the end of the month - if he makes it back to NI that is.

Yet we’re subjected to GOV FUNDED annual parades calling for our death 😂👌…Will the hate speech bill cover this 🙄
I don’t want the orange order funded either. As there are far better things to spend the money on. And I don’t agree with those songs. But I think you missed the point I was making about who decides what is offensive or hate speech. I would say the RA one glorifies violence but “up to their necks….” Would fall into a hate speech category but it will be interesting in Scotland when the next old firm match is on as there will be literally thousands of complaints from both sides because the bill appears to be about perceived offence.

Reactions: 2
absolutely sickening. she is so brave to come forward.

---
I don’t want the orange order funded either. As there are far better things to spend the money on. And I don’t agree with those songs. But I think you missed the point I was making about who decides what is offensive or hate speech. I would say the RA one glorifies violence but “up to their necks….” Would fall into a hate speech category but it will be interesting in Scotland when the next old firm match is on as there will be literally thousands of complaints from both sides because the bill appears to be about perceived offence.
So you would agree that the OO isn’t about culture ,only sectarian hatred? … Different people will get offended by different things how can you police peoples principles?
---

Last edited:

---

So you would agree that the OO isn’t about culture ,only sectarian hatred? … Different people will get offended by different things how can you police peoples principles?
---
They're determined to censor people.

---

---
I think if the OO were solely doing a religious thing then that would be fair enough however they let paramilitary bands march with them and act like twats so yeah.

Better at marching than this lot though

---
Looks bad here. Hopefully no one gets hurt.

Last edited:
I think if the OO were solely doing a religious thing then that would be fair enough however they let paramilitary bands march with them and act like twats so yeah.

Better at marching than this lot though

---
Looks bad here. Hopefully no one gets hurt.

They should leave them too it! No need for a heavy police/ press presence at such a small gathering.

Reactions: 2
They should leave them too it! No need for a heavy police/ press presence at such a small gathering.
From reading that bel tel article it seems like they didn’t notify parade’s commission? Or notified late? Or parade’s commission notified police late? Videos online appear to show youths with crates of petrol bombs.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.