Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Et tu Brute?

VIP Member
Jonathan Creswell was an abuser of women. An evil bastard.

To describe the situation with Katie as an “illicit affair” is disgusting. The prosecution outlined they believed he had groomed her from a child of 9/10. Illicit affair? Absolutely a victim blaming narrative.

I have mentioned Abigail Lyle’s interviews previously that were available on YouTube. She spoke of everything he was convicted of subjecting her to and how awful he was to her. He fled the jurisdiction whist on bail for those crimes and only pleaded guilty at the very last minute, subjecting Abigail to the fear of a full trial. He maintained his innocence to all and said he was badly advised by his solicitor and people around him actually believed him. On that basis, he should never have been granted bail.

He had manipulated all around him into believing he was not guilty of all he was accused of doing to Kate and her sister. I’m not sure what the turning point was for him but he clearly realised that his days were numbered when he heard the initial outline of evidence at court.

I did not rejoice in the news that he killed himself yesterday. Far from it. He took the cowards exit and once again denied his victims and their families justice. He has ruined many lives and deserved to be punished, instead he couldn’t face his crimes and his suicide was a final “fuck you” to all his victims. I hope he’s burning in hell but even that’s too good for him.

There will never be justice for Katie, Christina or any of the other victims that came forward.

The PSNI failed Katie from the outset and officers involved in the case who closed it as suicide, deserve to be dismissed. We know that won’t happen though.

I’m devastated for Katie’s family.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

VioletBear

VIP Member
For it to come to light now after all these years those poor victims must have suffered a lot time. It takes unbelievable courage and bravery to come forward under normal circumstances never mind when the person you are accusing is such a prominent figure. I hope they are getting all the support available.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

pommynoir

VIP Member
I think you meant to say alleged victims. I wasn't aware that the court case had concluded and the accused had been found guilty. If so, the PSNI's efficiency has increased rather dramatically.
Are you meaning to come across so obtuse?

Only 4% of allegations in the UK are found to be false. The chances are the complainants are victims - not alleged.
Also
For victims, reporting rape is effectively a lottery and the odds are rarely in your favour. In the year to December 2021, there were 67,125 rape offences recorded – an all-time high. Yet the number of completed rape prosecutions plummeted from 5,190 in 2016-17 to just 2,409 in 2020-21. The numbers of convictions almost halved (2,689 in 2016/17 compared to 1,409 in 2020/21). Only 5% of rapes that were given an outcome by the police in the year ending December 2021 resulted in a charge

Those stats are for the UK. So grifty was also correct when saying there would be a decline in convictions.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Wee Nora

VIP Member
"thankfully that was when people actually went to jail for sex crime"

A very stupid comment. People are far far more likely to go to jail these days for sex crime than in yesteryear.
---
I don't agree with all of this blog piece (his implication that victims of abuse should report it immediately after it happens if they want to be taken seriously is cack-handed and he gets quite rightly lectured on it in the comments) but this excerpt is spot on in my view:

---

I think you meant to say alleged victims. I wasn't aware that the court case had concluded and the accused had been found guilty. If so, the PSNI's efficiency has increased rather dramatically.
He might well be innocent until proven guilty but it sounds more like you’re saying the (alleged) victims are lying until proven otherwise tbh.

As for it being hard to prove because it’s historical, nobody knows what evidence the police have. Clearly enough to charge him

The Noah inquest hasn’t concluded yet either but you seem to have made your mind up about what happened there, as is your right. People are capable of making their own minds up and forming their own opinions, as long as it doesn’t put themselves or a potential trial at risk what’s the problem?

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Wee Nora

VIP Member
No, he said he’ll be contesting the charges.
---

Quoting myself as I knew I read this. BBC news said “Sir Jeffrey had said that he will be strenuously contesting the charges.”

So he’ll be entering a not guilty plea when he appears at court and it will go to trial….
Even if there’s more than enough evidence to send them down abusers still tend to plead not guilty. That way even if they’re convicted they can carry on denying it and maybe even convince themselves that they’ve done nothing wrong. We can only hope that his co-accused will search her conscience between now and the court appearance and make it a bit easier on the (alleged) victims.

Reactions: 11

Wee Nora

VIP Member
Recap: Devolution restored and everything seemed to be going great. FM MON and DFM ELP appear to be making a decent go of power sharing. Last night rumours broke on social media referring to a senior political figure being arrested. NI awakened today to a “political earthquake” as Jeffrey Donaldson resigned as DUP leader after being charged with historical sex offences. He was arrested along with a 57 year old woman at 6am yesterday. He has deleted all his social media accounts and done a runner to London after being released on bail. He’s due in court next month. Bail conditions ban him from residing with or communicating with his co-accused. Lots of rumours regarding the allegations and the identity of alleged victims. Gavin Robinson has been appointed as Interim leader of the DUP.

Reactions: 10

Et tu Brute?

VIP Member

---
The so called pro-life Christians have revealed their true colours 🤢 who votes to continue the slaughter of children? Let’s hope their God will forgive them because history certainly won’t.

I’ve always wanted to try to give the UUP the benefit of the doubt. I always felt that a young unionist needed someone to represent them, someone more progressive than the bigoted, homophobic hypocrites in the DUP, TUV etc. However, leopards don’t change their spots, they may fade but they never go away. Unionism goes hand in hand with hatred, oppression and now genocide. There’s no sugar coating it. This is indefensible. HOW can a HUMAN BEING vote against a ceasefire when people are being slaughtered? Evil bastards, the lot of them. Expected no less from the DUP though.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

pommynoir

VIP Member
Can someone ask Monga (I've blocked her) how it is that she fully accepts anything the PSNI have to say or do, at face value and without questioning it, in regards to the Donaldson case, but on the other hand disbelieves anything they do or say in relation to the death of Noah Donohoe, preferring to believe in conspiracy theories involving allegations of nefarious PSNI behaviour, how is it that she reconciles those contradictory theories in her own mind.

I'm genuinely curious.
If you’ve blocked someone why do you care what their views are? Really strange behaviour from you, block someone and don’t interact with them at all or keep them unblocked and challenge their views. Asking people to ask them questions smells of immaturity and attention seeking.

isthatarealthing

Mainly because there’s no third parties involved that they want to protect? Seems it’s only Donaldson and his wife being named by the victims…How do you know what my views are if you’ve blocked me? That’s the cowards way out 😂 plus the coppers are acting for the victims in this case unlike poor Noah who was failed from start to finish , by all accounts.
---
View attachment 2845165
---
View attachment 2845167View attachment 2845168
Sorry but who the hell wears a suit to an airport. What a spud.

• Haha

Et tu Brute?

VIP Member
I think people assumed he was posh because of the links to horse riding which a lot of people associate with the wealthy. It’s a horrific case, he was clearly a master manipulator and I’m sure those women have a long recovery ahead of them.
He lived a life of squalor and taking money from women. Never heard of him taking money from men, abusing men, getting into fights with men. No, Johnny just liked to feel like a big man, abusing women.

I’ve mentioned before that I’m a survivor of domestic abuse and that led to me working with victims and survivors of abuse many years ago, so this case gets to me.

I cannot understand how any police officer dealing with that case from the outset wouldn’t investigate it as a domestic incident. The fact Jonathan Creswell was in any way connected with it should have been sounding alarm bells. I can’t fathom it. The more I read about it, the less I understand and the angrier I get that his account of events was accepted by police. As a women, a daughter, a mother, it does not give me confidence in the PSNI.

• Heart

MaryLou32

Chatty Member
Talk of life changing impacts from what happened and that’s how it all came to be exposed!
And also alleged that flight altercation was related.
That’s exactly what I’ve heard too. The life changing impacts are particularly disturbing. And the flight altercation- well it all makes sense now…
---
"thankfully that was when people actually went to jail for sex crime"

A very stupid comment. People are far far more likely to go to jail these days for sex crime than in yesteryear.
---
I don't agree with all of this blog piece (his implication that victims of abuse should report it immediately after it happens if they want to be taken seriously is cack-handed and he gets quite rightly lectured on it in the comments) but this excerpt is spot on in my view:

---

Jesus who pissed on your cornflakes 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Et tu Brute?

VIP Member
That’s terrible and can see why this must be a difficult case to see. I’m glad you managed to get out x
Thanks Grifty 🥰 Forever grateful I got out. I was lucky and I appreciate that, every day.

Sorry for the me-rail guys.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
I’ve never seen him in anything else, wonder how that grey sweat suit will go down 😂
Is it not an orange jumpsuit? Or is that Guantanamo? ? Which if he is guilty then fuck him.

Anyway @tdf unblock @monga and can we just all get along? I’m actually curious how the ignore feature works. Do you just not see the persons posts but then conversations might make no sense?

I don’t agree with you all on a lot of things and I know sometimes we get a bit heated on things but I think life is too short and we mostly chat about random shit on here anyway,

• Haha
  • Heart

Wee Nora

VIP Member
Why can’t Israel just fuck off? They’ve done what they set out to do, they’ve levelled Gaza, murdered tens of thousands of innocent men, women and children and ensured that Palestine will never, ever recover. The recent images from Al Shifa hospital will be etched on my mind forever, it was like something from an apocalypse movie but somehow it’s not enough for them. They’re absolutely psychotic, arresting anyone who won’t enlist in their army while Satanyahu’s son lives it up in Florida.

• Angry
  • Sad

Et tu Brute?

VIP Member
Yeah, what I meant is it went straight through ,some drawn out cases are referred to the PPS and don’t reach court for a long time, there must’ve been enough evidence to procede in this case.
From what I’m told, the majority of cases, even drawn out ones, are referred to PPS, including “no prosecution” cases as PSNI only recommend an outcome, it’s the PPS who decides how a case proceeds when they review the evidence. It’s different in NI. The fact PSNI charged him to court means that there is sufficient evidence to justify charging and PPS would have been consulted. As I said previously, it’s unusual for a historic case to be charged so my conclusion is that there is decent evidence. I’m still horrified.

• Heart

monga

VIP Member
Just as things were beginning to settle down (politically) we’ve all been left shocked by the arrest and charges being brought against Sir Jeffrey Donaldson and his wife ,in relation to the historical rape / abuse of two victims believed to be close family members. Political institutions remain at present but there’s talk it could change due to the current situation within the DUP …We can’t seem to shake the one step forward, ten back ! Curse!

• Sad