Northern Ireland #22 The Good Friday Arraignment

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god that is awful!!! I was thinking since one of the daughters got married within last few years perhaps she’s since had a baby and it’s just stirred up a lot of (ALLEGED) memories and emotions.

Reactions: 1
Yes- that’s what I’ve heard- and specifically re her fertility. No idea if that’s true.
Jesus Christ. No words.
---
Oh god that is awful!!! I was thinking since one of the daughters got married within last few years perhaps she’s since had a baby and it’s just stirred up a lot of (ALLEGED) memories and emotions.
And a desire to protect her own children.

Reactions: 2
That’s horrific if true 😢

This is the old recording I was talking about.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
Absolutely horrific, but so, so brave of her to address it this way, given the historical nature, the power dynamic involved, the society she grew up in, etc. — any single one of those could put someone off pursuing a charge, but to take on all of that? Amazingly strong girl, I hope she gets justice.

Reactions: 8
I think you meant to say alleged victims. I wasn't aware that the court case had concluded and the accused had been found guilty. If so, the PSNI's efficiency has increased rather dramatically.
Are you meaning to come across so obtuse?

Only 4% of allegations in the UK are found to be false. The chances are the complainants are victims - not alleged.
Also
For victims, reporting rape is effectively a lottery and the odds are rarely in your favour. In the year to December 2021, there were 67,125 rape offences recorded – an all-time high. Yet the number of completed rape prosecutions plummeted from 5,190 in 2016-17 to just 2,409 in 2020-21. The numbers of convictions almost halved (2,689 in 2016/17 compared to 1,409 in 2020/21). Only 5% of rapes that were given an outcome by the police in the year ending December 2021 resulted in a charge

Those stats are for the UK. So grifty was also correct when saying there would be a decline in convictions.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yes- that’s what I’ve heard- and specifically re her fertility. No idea if that’s true.
Yes that’s what I had heard that lead to my comment. That it was in the process of going down a fertility journey that it all came out what damage had been done.

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Are you meaning to come across so obtuse?

Only 4% of allegations in the UK are found to be false. The chances are the complainants are victims - not alleged.
Also
For victims, reporting rape is effectively a lottery and the odds are rarely in your favour. In the year to December 2021, there were 67,125 rape offences recorded – an all-time high. Yet the number of completed rape prosecutions plummeted from 5,190 in 2016-17 to just 2,409 in 2020-21. The numbers of convictions almost halved (2,689 in 2016/17 compared to 1,409 in 2020/21). Only 5% of rapes that were given an outcome by the police in the year ending December 2021 resulted in a charge

Those stats are for the UK. So grifty was also correct when saying there would be a decline in convictions.
I should probably add I wasn’t trying to be a smartarse about victims or alleged victims either.

The scary thing is if you look through the last thread barely a day went by without one of us posting about peados who actually were convicted of all sorts but then they don’t even get jailed and get a tiny suspended sentence.
conviction rates are shockingly low in general on these type of cases and then when ones are found guilty they don’t even get locked up.

Reactions: 3
I should probably add I wasn’t trying to be a smartarse about victims or alleged victims either.

The scary thing is if you look through the last thread barely a day went by without one of us posting about peados who actually were convicted of all sorts but then they don’t even get jailed and get a tiny suspended sentence.
conviction rates are shockingly low in general on these type of cases and then when ones are found guilty they don’t even get locked up.
He could be looking at a slap on the wrist 🙄 it’ll depend on what sort of depravity took place but these figures are pretty poor…Plus the fact we only serve Half a sentence inside.

Last edited:
  • Sad
All this fakery on show from the government only serves to remind people of what they gave away.

---
Martinas starting a #
IMG_5293.jpeg

Maybe one day they’ll open the full box of tricks 😂 sadly it’ll remain locked for our lifetime!
Realistically there isn’t a chance any of the files will be released anytime in the next 50 years. Will show all sorts of collusion through all ways and would be a disaster.

Theres a book called the dirty war which I haven’t read but it was back in 1990’s which I have heard was good. Has anyone read it? By that journalist who wrote the book about the shankill butchers which was a horror show.

Realistically there isn’t a chance any of the files will be released anytime in the next 50 years. Will show all sorts of collusion through all ways and would be a disaster.

Theres a book called the dirty war which I haven’t read but it was back in 1990’s which I have heard was good. Has anyone read it? By that journalist who wrote the book about the shankill butchers which was a horror show.
I haven’t read it ,was it not made into a documentary? Or am I thinking of something else? ( Peter Taylor)…Belfast Telegraph have got hold of some files they posted about them a couple of days ago, didn’t go into detail yet.

Last edited:
I haven’t read it ,was it not made into a documentary? Or am I thinking of something else? …Belfast Telegraph have got hold of some files they posted about them a couple of days ago, didn’t go into detail yet.
Was just looking it up. Martin Dillon is the journalist. Think the books were from back in the 90’s but probs worth a read rather than some 14 year old on tik tok giving their views. There may have been a doc, not sure. I’m going to see if the books are on kindle.

Was just looking it up. Martin Dillon is the journalist. Think the books were from back in the 90’s but probs worth a read rather than some 14 year old on tik tok giving their views. There may have been a doc, not sure. I’m going to see if the books are on kindle.
No it’s Peter Taylor I’m thinking on he documented the whole troubles and was well known.

I know these people are taking the piss out of the daily mail but I would be outraged if I was given a scone without real butter…

---
We were just discussing this 😂

---

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Jk Rowling is doing a thread I suspect she has been saving for just the right moment….

Reactions: 3
Jk Rowling is doing a thread I suspect she has been saving for just the right moment….

Best watch yourself Grifty 😂 can we be extradited to Scotland 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.