Northern Ireland #22 The Good Friday Arraignment

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Which is why most people are non political and involve their kids in other activities, those kids will most likely have a parent attending that parade and will have negative experiences with authority .
Yes I understand that

I donā€™t agree with anyone throwing petrol bombs obviously but Creggan/The Bogside is supposed be an out of bounds area so the police know whatā€™s going to happen if they show up. The media show up because they know theyā€™ll have a story as soon the police make an appearance.

I remember trying to explain the OOB thing to a girl I used to work with (sheā€™s from the unionist tradition) and she couldnā€™t wrap her head around the fact that people donā€™t phone the police. Thatā€™s the difference I suppose, her background means she has the privilege to presume that the police are going to help her if she ever needs them. It doesnā€™t cost her a thought. Not the case in Derry and unless youā€™ve experienced it or witnessed it you just wonā€™t get it.

Itā€™s my understanding that the police will ask permission before theyā€™ll enter certain Loyalist areas.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I donā€™t agree with anyone throwing petrol bombs obviously but Creggan/The Bogside is supposed be an out of bounds area so the police know whatā€™s going to happen if they show up. The media show up because they know theyā€™ll have a story as soon the police make an appearance.

I remember trying to explain the OOB thing to a girl I used to work with (sheā€™s from the unionist tradition) and she couldnā€™t wrap her head around the fact that people donā€™t phone the police. Thatā€™s the difference I suppose, her background means she has the privilege to presume that the police are going to help her if she ever needs them. It doesnā€™t cost her a thought. Not the case in Derry and unless youā€™ve experienced it or witnessed it you just wonā€™t get it.

Itā€™s my understanding that the police will ask permission before theyā€™ll enter certain Loyalist areas.

Wow! That link is really informative. I genuinely had no idea that was an official thing. I had heard over the years things like ā€œpolice donā€™t go into the bogside etcā€ but I always thought it was an urban myth or exaggerated. I would say there probably are a few loyalist areas that have similar based on that.

Reactions: 4
Wow! That link is really informative. I genuinely had no idea that was an official thing. I had heard over the years things like ā€œpolice donā€™t go into the bogside etcā€ but I always thought it was an urban myth or exaggerated. I would say there probably are a few loyalist areas that have similar based on that.
No itā€™s absolutely official Grifty as all us Derry wans know šŸ˜‚ There are loyalist areas that are OOB too but the difference is there will be people in those areas who are consulted before police enter.

Reactions: 1
IMG_5338.jpeg

---
Jeez thereā€™s a lot of resignations in the south

---

The dogs on the street know what goes on here šŸ˜‚
---
Iā€™m sure her family will be glad to have her back even if itā€™s not the outcome theyā€™d hoped for.

Attachments

Last edited:
No itā€™s absolutely official Grifty as all us Derry wans know šŸ˜‚ There are loyalist areas that are OOB too but the difference is there will be people in those areas who are consulted before police enter.
How the duck did I not know this was real? @monga apologies if I annoyed you yesterday because I thought u were overreacting and didnā€™t know this was a ā€˜thingā€™
I donā€™t like that it is the case, as I would want everyone to have access to police and donā€™t want people to feel threatened but clearly it is official so thereā€™s clearly a lot more to do about building trust

Reactions: 3
Paula Elliott: Body found in search for missing Lisburn woman | BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

How sad, I think we knew that would always be the outcome but when a body hasn't been found, you sort of live in hope.
Heartbreaking for her family.
---
---
Iā€™m sure her family will be glad to have her back even if itā€™s not the outcome theyā€™d hoped for.
Sorry Monga, just seen you had posted this.
At least now they can have some closure and grief properly as a family, I would say the not knowing was absolutely horrendous.

• Sad
How the duck did I not know this was real? @monga apologies if I annoyed you yesterday because I thought u were overreacting and didnā€™t know this was a ā€˜thingā€™
I donā€™t like that it is the case, as I would want everyone to have access to police and donā€™t want people to feel threatened but clearly it is official so thereā€™s clearly a lot more to do about building trust
No you didnā€™t annoy me šŸ‘šŸ» itā€™s just frustrating trying to get the message across that thereā€™s a completely different experience on this side.
---
Paula Elliott: Body found in search for missing Lisburn woman | BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

How sad, I think we knew that would always be the outcome but when a body hasn't been found, you sort of live in hope.
---

At least now they can have some closure and grief properly as a family, I would say the not knowing was absolutely horrendous.
Theyā€™ll be devastated šŸ™

• Sad
Attacking the fire brigade is a really scummy thing to do. Simple as that. They just wanted to cause bother and damage. Attacking journalists, literally people standing there, is horrific. Thereā€™s no justification for any of it and the damage caused to the area in which they live. Thereā€™s plenty of decent people living there that donā€™t want bother and just want a quiet life. Have your march surely, no need to cause chaos with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Iā€™ve only had one specific negative interaction with the rozzers (apart from the time they took drinks off us as teenagers which probably doesnā€™t count). Generally I work on the basis that they are trying to do a good job so I donā€™t automatically assume that they are out to cause harm. Appreciate I am lucky in this respect.

Reactions: 2

---

I was holding out hope too.
Must be so hard. So sad. But closure at least.

I fell down a rabbit hole looking at the missing Ireland website recently & itā€™s so shocking how many people are missing in Ireland overall. Especially in the last year.
Granted, some people maybe ā€˜decidedā€™ to disappear & are maybe living a new life elsewhere, but itā€™s still amazing how someone can just disappear!

• Sad
I was holding out hope too.
Must be so hard. So sad. But closure at least.

I fell down a rabbit hole looking at the missing Ireland website recently & itā€™s so shocking how many people are missing in Ireland overall. Especially in the last year.
Granted, some people maybe ā€˜decidedā€™ to disappear & are maybe living a new life elsewhere, but itā€™s still amazing how someone can just disappear!
Really is so sad. Some of the videos Iā€™ve seen of the brother would break your heart :(

missing person cases have always interested me. In this day and age, how someone can just vanish and never to be seen again. You would think it would be near impossible with the amount of cctv etc everywhere. One case that I fell down a rabbit hole at the time was Corrie mckeague who went missing in bury st Edmondā€™s.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I wonder how all the Israel supporters in the DUP feel now that the IDF have murdered 3 ex British soldiers. The human shield excuse wonā€™t wash this time.

The dissidents have condemned the carry on apparently it was a visiting members van that was torched..,Helicopters up they must be swooping the marchers or thereā€™s a security alert.

Really is so sad. Some of the videos Iā€™ve seen of the brother would break your heart :(

missing person cases have always interested me. In this day and age, how someone can just vanish and never to be seen again. You would think it would be near impossible with the amount of cctv etc everywhere. One case that I fell down a rabbit hole at the time was Corrie mckeague who went missing in bury st Edmondā€™s.
Corrie McKeague - is that the guy who was on a night out and walked down into a cul de sac on cctv & never came out?
Then a bin lorry emptied the bins? I think I read his phone was tracked travelling at speed away from it - ie they reckoned he was inside the bin lorryšŸ˜“
But I believe extensive searches of the landfill site were carried out and nothing was found.
Horrendous.
As a mother, I would never move on. The not knowingā€¦

• Sad
Corrie McKeague - is that the guy who was on a night out and walked down into a cul de sac on cctv & never came out?
Then a bin lorry emptied the bins? I think I read his phone was tracked travelling at speed away from it - ie they reckoned he was inside the bin lorryšŸ˜“
But I believe extensive searches of the landfill site were carried out and nothing was found.
Horrendous.
As a mother, I would never move on. The not knowingā€¦
Yes that's the one, the CCTV shows him walking into a horseshoe area and never coming out again. Quite eery when you see it as he looks sort of up the alley way and then he's gone.
I think it gripped so many because at the time they were adamant he wasn't in the bin because the bin weight was recorded and it was too light. So there was all sorts of theories that went round.
Then some time later they said the weight was recorded wrong and he was in fact in the bin.
But yeah, they never found any trace of Corrie in the landfill.

Really mental to think one minute you are here and then just gone like that. The not knowing would kill me.
The amount of families that have to live like this, not knowing where their loved one is...
Always really felt for the Dorrian family here, the sisters try so much to keep Lisa's name out there and her poor mum died not getting any closure or to say goodbye to Lisa properly. Heartbreaking.

• Sad
Dissidents deny they sought permission from the parades commission.

---
Doug wants people made an example of!

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.