Northern Ireland #22 The Good Friday Arraignment

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So if police don’t come near the area and someone gets hurt/victim of a crime then no one will be asking where the police are?
Police don’t enter Creggan/ Bogside as a rule
---
It’s not a problem that children are walking around with petrol bombs?

edit to fix a typo
it’s not a problem when kids are attending annual hate fests, swinging batons and chanting death songs, nor is it a problem when they’re getting slogans painted on their face and burning effigies 🤷🏼‍♀️ two wrongs don’t make a right but at least report on both sides eh?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Police don’t enter Creggan/ Bogside as a rule
Which is concerning and I think something that Michelle and ELP and the new chief constable have to address. I can understand why historically but ideally I would want us to have a trusted independent police force.
I’m not trying to diminish your experiences btw.

All of it’s a problem in my eyes.

Very sad image of that young boy today, people need hope

Reactions: 1
Which is concerning and I think something that Michelle and ELP and the new chief constable have to address. I can understand why historically but ideally I would want us to have a trusted independent police force.
I’m not trying to diminish your experiences btw.
Why do you think they used a drone? We don’t get police call outs unless there’s prior checks beforehand …That’s the difference in the two communities, their experiences are chalk n cheese and that’s from someone that’s non political .
---
All of it’s a problem in my eyes.

Very sad image of that young boy today, people need hope
Which is why most people are non political and involve their kids in other activities, those kids will most likely have a parent attending that parade and will have negative experiences with authority .

Why do you think they used a drone? We don’t get police call outs unless there’s prior checks beforehand …That’s the difference in the two communities, their experiences are chalk n cheese and that’s from someone that’s non political .
I didn’t know police had drones before this!

why are they attacking fire service though?

And that isn’t a unionist journo. He’s from Nat background and regularly photographs sports such as GAA etc so not some loyalist with an agenda
---
---

Which is why most people are non political and involve their kids in other activities, those kids will most likely have a parent attending that parade and will have negative experiences with authority .
And I’m not having a go at you btw. I come from a background where I would allow police to do whatever they need to but I imagine hardline loyalists take a different approach probably similar to the above posts.
why didn’t they just lodge the forms on parade commission though in time and where they wanted to go as it looks like the part they did log was approved so why would the part that wasn’t requested be approved if it was within their own area?

Last edited:

And that isn’t a unionist journo. He’s from Nat background and regularly photographs sports such as GAA etc so not some loyalist with an agenda
Because they want to make a statement? Why would nationalist areas welcome people that colluded and murdered them in cold blood? Would the Shankill welcome the provisionals ?
---

---

And I’m not having a go at you btw. I come from a background where I would allow police to do whatever they need to but I imagine hardline loyalists take a different approach probably similar to the above posts.
why didn’t they just lodge the forms on parade commission though in time and where they wanted to go as it looks like the part they did log was approved so why would the part that wasn’t requested be approved if it was within their own area?
Maybe because they know it would be lodged late , lost or tea spilt on it 😂 …It’s very clear PUL have no experience of the other side in any way or you wouldn’t need to ask silly questions ( not your fault of course) that’s always going to be a sticking point we don’t have anything in common despite sharing a few countries.

Last edited:
Because they want to make a statement? Why would nationalist areas welcome people that colluded and murdered them in cold blood? Would the Shankill welcome the provisionals ?
Vast majority of PSni now will not be from RUC. Gerry Kelly is on policing board. More catholics in the PSNI.

What happens if someone gets raped/murdered/burgled by an enforcer from the estate then? Do they not call police? Do they have to leave their home? How is it policed?

Vast majority of PSni now will not be from RUC. Gerry Kelly is on policing board. More catholics in the PSNI.

What happens if someone gets raped/murdered/burgled by an enforcer from the estate then? Do they not call police? Do they have to leave their home? How is it policed?i
If they eventually answer the phone you need to wait for a landline call and an address check…How many catholics live in their areas after joining the RUC ? What’s the percentage of cafflick recruits?…It’s usually dealt with within the community before they’re made to present to the authorities…For instance drug dealers are given anonymity because they’re under threat.

Last edited:
If they eventually answer the phone you need to wait for a landline call and an address check…How many catholics live in their areas after joining the RUC ? What’s the percentage of cafflick recruits?
I don’t know the current figures but Catholics not living in the areas isn’t the fault of others. Anecdotal but I worked with a girl years ago who wanted to join psni but didn’t because she was afraid of what her local area would think so she would have to move away- IMO there needs to be something to change this. I’ll go and try and find the figures. One thing I would say is just because someone is a prod doesn’t mean they are automatically going to discriminate.

I don’t know the current figures but Catholics not living in the areas isn’t the fault of others. Anecdotal but I worked with a girl years ago who wanted to join psni but didn’t because she was afraid of what her local area would think so she would have to move away- IMO there needs to be something to change this. I’ll go and try and find the figures. One thing I would say is just because someone is a prod doesn’t mean they are automatically going to discriminate.
I can tell you there’s no Catholic Police officers in this area, it’s not about proddy discrimination it’s about having no understanding of discrimination 😂
---
---

Maybe because they know it would be lodged late , lost or tea spilt on it 😂 …It’s very clear PUL have no experience of the other side in any way or you wouldn’t need to ask silly questions ( not your fault of course) that’s always going to be a sticking point we don’t have anything in common despite sharing a few countries.
* counties..( predictive text)

I can tell you there’s no Catholic Police officers in this area, it’s not about proddy discrimination it’s about having no understanding of discrimination 😂

I’ve checked and it is a small amount. I think back in 2011 before they did the end of the positive discrimination I think the figure was higher but I could be wrong. What could be done to get more representation?

I’ve checked and it is a small amount. I think back in 2011 before they did the end of the positive discrimination I think the figure was higher but I could be wrong. What could be done to get more representation?
Nothing! If you want to join a sectarian organisation you have to give up your community, simple as!
---
Nothing had changed in that force only the name and that rank uniform that looks like a morph suit, no good for the big beer bellies and moobs 😂… To think it was Keir Starmer( red Tory ) was given the pitiful job of trying to make the RUC acceptable 🥴

Last edited:
Nothing! If you want to join a sectarian organisation you have to give up your community, simple as!
---
Nothing had changed in that force only the name and that rank uniform that looks like a morph suit, no good for the big beer bellies and moobs 😂… To think it was Keir Starmer( red Tory ) was given the pitiful job of trying to make the RUC acceptable 🥴
What would make it acceptable? And I didn’t realise kier was involved lol

What would make it acceptable? And I didn’t realise kier was involved lol
Well that’s a hard one as it’s always linked to the British state , maybe a UI would make a united police force more acceptable as they wouldn’t be party to the crown 😂…But then I don’t know how the other side would take that? Anyone that votes for labour is doing themselves a disservice with that as their leader, should’ve called for a public enquiry and prosecutions not a change of image 👌 to think he prides himself on human rights .

Attachments

Last edited:
Well that’s a hard one as it’s always linked to the British state , maybe a UI would make a united police force more acceptable as they wouldn’t be party to the crown 😂…But then I don’t know how the other side would take that?
I don’t know, would probs still be issues and probably on a class basis.

I don’t know, would probs still be issues and probably on a class basis.
Welcome to our world 😂 you may get used to embracing something you will never accept and just get on with it 😅that’s how it works, see how judgmental people become then once the shoes on the other foot 🦶

This guy is part of that Novar media but he seems to be going to the right wing now. Sniffing where the money is but seriously I would rather gouge my eyes out with a toothpick than go on a bridge to Scotland, particularly after that Baltimore one

Jeez I’m crying wy laughter ,him indoors has just stood on the blue bin to flatten it and it’s started buzzing and vibrating 🤣 I’m only remembering I threw my sons operation game into it last week 😂 I’m saying nothing 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Jeez I’m crying wy laughter ,him indoors has just stood on the blue bin to flatten it and it’s started buzzing and vibrating 🤣 I’m only remembering I threw my sons operation game into it last week 😂 I’m saying nothing 😅
He probs thinks you had a big vibrator in there ffs! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.