Northern Ireland #22 The Good Friday Arraignment

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh really? Sorry I assumed he'd be moneyed if he was in with a horsey crowd.

Kind of scared to open my gob on this thread so I'll shut up.
No need to apologise or shut up. Chat away! I’m sorry if I came across as mean. This investigation has just really stayed with me. I used to work with victims of domestic abuse so the details of this case have shaken me to my core.

No he wasn’t from money and there was nothing posh about him. Any money he had, he’d manipulated “borrowed” from the women who assisted in covering up a murder. He was the lowest of the low.

Reactions: 5
No need to apologise or shut up. Chat away! I’m sorry if I came across as mean. This investigation has just really stayed with me.

No he wasn’t from money and there was nothing posh about him. Any money he had, he’d manipulated “borrowed” from the women who assisted in covering up a murder. He was the lowest of the low.
Who were the women involved? Or have they not been named? Yet I think I read they all pleaded guilty.

Reactions: 1
Who were the women involved? Or have they not been named? Yet I think I read they all pleaded guilty.
Yes they pleaded guilty around January time and are awaiting sentencing. They’ve been charged and named in all articles so their names are known.

No need to apologise or shut up. Chat away! I’m sorry if I came across as mean. This investigation has just really stayed with me. I used to work with victims of domestic abuse so the details of this case have shaken me to my core.

I think people assumed he was posh because of the links to horse riding which a lot of people associate with the wealthy. It’s a horrific case, he was clearly a master manipulator and I’m sure those women have a long recovery ahead of them.

• Heart
I think people assumed he was posh because of the links to horse riding which a lot of people associate with the wealthy. It’s a horrific case, he was clearly a master manipulator and I’m sure those women have a long recovery ahead of them.
He lived a life of squalor and taking money from women. Never heard of him taking money from men, abusing men, getting into fights with men. No, Johnny just liked to feel like a big man, abusing women.

I’ve mentioned before that I’m a survivor of domestic abuse and that led to me working with victims and survivors of abuse many years ago, so this case gets to me.

I cannot understand how any police officer dealing with that case from the outset wouldn’t investigate it as a domestic incident. The fact Jonathan Creswell was in any way connected with it should have been sounding alarm bells. I can’t fathom it. The more I read about it, the less I understand and the angrier I get that his account of events was accepted by police. As a women, a daughter, a mother, it does not give me confidence in the PSNI.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
He lived a life of squalor and taking money from women. Never heard of him taking money from men, abusing men, getting into fights with men. No, Johnny just liked to feel like a big man, abusing women.

I’ve mentioned before that I’m a survivor of domestic abuse and that led to me working with victims and survivors of abuse many years ago, so this case gets to me.

I cannot understand how any police officer dealing with that case from the outset wouldn’t investigate it as a domestic incident. The fact Jonathan Creswell was in any way connected with it should have been sounding alarm bells. I can’t fathom it. The more I read about it, the less I understand and the angrier I get that his account of events was accepted by police. As a women, a daughter, a mother, it does not give me confidence in the PSNI.
Don’t want to sound patronising but I really admire anyone who uses their own experience to help others. It can’t be an easy thing to do ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7

I’m so sorry. Thanks for helping others as I’m sure it must be tough for you to see this kind of thing. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Don’t want to sound patronising but I really admire anyone who uses their own experience to help others. It can’t be an easy thing to do ❤
Thanks Nora 🥰. I received lot of support when I needed it so it felt natural to give back. It got a bit much for me so I bowed out when my oldest was born but I hope to return to it in the future.

This case just resonates with me because a lot of people - not people who really knew him - but people in the horse world, thought he was a great fella. Thats what abusers do, but scratch the surface and the monster is there, hiding in plain sight. It’s terrifying.

• Heart
Thanks Nora 🥰. I received lot of support when I needed it so it felt natural to give back. It got a bit much for me so I bowed out when my oldest was born but I hope to return to it in the future.

This case just resonates with me because a lot of people - not people who really knew him - but people in the horse world, thought he was a great fella. Thats what abusers do, but scratch the surface and the monster is there, hiding in plain sight. It’s terrifying.
That’s why I am wondering if that story from the GAA wife was true but he has convinced everyone she is mental but her story sounded so specific and convincing

Reactions: 2
That’s why I am wondering if that story from the GAA wife was true but he has convinced everyone she is mental but her story sounded so specific and convincing
In my own situation, he planted small seeds over time so people wouldn’t believe me when I spoke out. He told people I had a drink problem, that I was suffering with my mental health, that he was so worried about me - it was all part of the plan. Just wee comments to friends and relatives. He thought he was being clever and it is very conniving and premeditated. I’ll tell you this, people believed him. A close friend of mine was completely under his spell, obviously we are no longer friends. (She apologised years later but the damage was done to our friendship).

I know people do make false allegations and abuse the system but it takes so much courage to speak out, I’m always inclined to actually listen to what they are saying and believe 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
In my own situation, he planted small seeds over time so people wouldn’t believe me when I spoke out. He told people I had a drink problem, that I was suffering with my mental health, that he was so worried about me - it was all part of the plan. Just wee comments to friends and relatives. He thought he was being clever and it is very conniving and premeditated. I’ll tell you this, people believed him. A close friend of mine was completely under his spell, obviously we are no longer friends. (She apologised years later but the damage was done to our friendship).

I know people do make false allegations and abuse the system but it takes so much courage to speak out, I’m always inclined to actually listen to what they are saying and believe 🤷🏻‍♀️
That’s terrible and can see why this must be a difficult case to see. I’m glad you managed to get out x

• Heart
That’s terrible and can see why this must be a difficult case to see. I’m glad you managed to get out x
Thanks Grifty 🥰 Forever grateful I got out. I was lucky and I appreciate that, every day.

Sorry for the me-rail guys.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Thanks Grifty 🥰 Forever grateful I got out. I was lucky and I appreciate that, every day.

Sorry for the me-rail guys.
Don’t ever be sorry. It must be hard to tell strangers on the internet this. I’m sure everyone on the thread appreciates that it must be difficult for you sharing this.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Don’t ever be sorry. It must be hard to tell strangers on the internet this. I’m sure everyone on the thread appreciates that it must be difficult for you sharing this.
Just explaining why this case has me so riled, really.

Im not just a lunatic troll looking to argue with strangers online 🤣 This thread is respectful of others and I’ve probably come across a bit unhinged.

I’ll say no more about it. I just hope there’s a hell and Creswell is in it and the police officers who failed to investigate are punished.

• Heart
Just explaining why this case has me so riled, really.

Im not just a lunatic troll looking to argue with strangers online 🤣 This thread is respectful of others and I’ve probably come across a bit unhinged.

I’ll say no more about it. I just hope there’s a hell and Creswell is in it and the police officers who failed to investigate are punished.
Aye it sounds like there was a duck up and they are admitting it. There should be a proper inquest if the family want it to find out how and why it was not picked up sooner.
---
I just had to google what a dental dam is and I want to delete all my internet.

Last edited:
Because labelling people who disagree as far-right is a vote winner. Sinn Fein must be just sitting back eating popcorn at this debacle.
ultimately hopefully she does a good job and people shouldn’t be sending death threats but this just seems to be a poor decision and I feel bad for the longstanding members who have been overlooked.

• Haha
Because labelling people who disagree as far-right is a vote winner. Sinn Fein must be just sitting back eating popcorn at this debacle.
ultimately hopefully she does a good job and people shouldn’t be sending death threats but this just seems to be a poor decision and I feel bad for the longstanding members who have been overlooked.
What qualifies her as an excellent mayor exactly?

Challenging alleged breaches of democratic process is not far right and to suggest such is contradicting the fundamentals of democracy itself 🤦🏻‍♀️ Eastwood needs to go. He’s no leader and this is pure tokenism.

• Heart
What qualifies her as an excellent mayor exactly?

Challenging alleged breaches of democratic process is not far right and to suggest such is contradicting the fundamentals of democracy itself 🤦🏻‍♀️ Eastwood needs to go. He’s no leader and this is pure tokenism.
I want to know what the normal process is. As potentially if they have disregarded it there is potential for the others to take on an employment tribunal, John Hume must be spinning in his grave.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.