Northern Ireland #22 The Good Friday Arraignment

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m unsure of that because Creswell didn’t have a religion as such and he was basically the devil so even the most basic of checks on him should have raised concerns.

“Assume nothing, believe nobody, challenge everything” yet the PSNI accepted the account of a convicted violent abuser with no evidence of a suicide.

The officers concerned deserve to be dismissed as they clearly have frighteningly poor judgement (to put it mildly) but that won’t happen. We can only be thankful he didn’t murder anyone else in the 3 years he was walking the streets since murdering Katie, but I wouldn’t be confident he wasn’t abusing women during that time.
I’m confused to the relationship with the three/four women that helped conceal evidence? Was he in a sexual relationship with them? Seems very bizarre that they’d help conceal a murder from a violent criminal unless he had a hold over them?

Reactions: 1
I’m confused to the relationship with the three/four women that helped conceal evidence? Was he in a sexual relationship with them? Seems very bizarre that they’d help conceal a murder from a violent criminal unless he had a hold over them?
He was an extremely manipulative person. Those women were also being coercively controlled by him, whether they realised it or not. I believe they were in denial, afraid of him or infatuated with him or a combination of all of those things. They still assisted in covering up a murder though.

Reactions: 2
He was an extremely manipulative person. Those women were also being coercively controlled by him, whether they realised it or not. I believe they were in denial, afraid of him or infatuated with him or a combination of all of those things. They still assisted in covering up a murder though.
Yeah ,it doesn’t seem normal that you’d cover for someone like that unless there’s more to it.

I assumed… perhaps wrongly that they were all prods? Could be a class issue or perhaps he had a few mates or perhaps there was incompetence.
I agree it isn’t good enough. Hopefully the new leadership looks at how they can train better. It sounds like this guy was a manipulator so perhaps they need to build in some training on that?

One was Katie’s sister was it not & they had kids together, poor children learning your dad murdered your aunt.

• Wow
I assumed… perhaps wrongly that they were all prods? Could be a class issue or perhaps he had a few mates or perhaps there was incompetence.
I agree it isn’t good enough. Hopefully the new leadership looks at how they can train better. It sounds like this guy was a manipulator so perhaps they need to build in some training on that?
I appreciate you are a defender of the police in every circumstance, but in this situation, they are indefensible.

There’s no doubt there was incompetence, but this was a rape and murder, (and many other offences) not a speeding ticket.

Training for police on how not to be manipulated by the public? Thats quite a ludicrous suggestion. Their code of ethics alone should be enough training on that subject and they really shouldn’t get out of the police college if they aren’t proficient in that.

If Jonathan Creswell had mates in the PSNI, we are all doomed. The man was a convicted domestic abuser and an absolute piece of tit. A matter of seconds in his company would be enough for a reasonable person to suss him out.
---
One was Katie’s sister was it not & they had kids together, poor children learning your dad murdered your aunt.
Katie’s sister, Jonathan’s ex-partner was very much a victim of abuse by him too. I believe there was a separate investigation underway of a catalogue of abuse she suffered from him. Thankfully, the children will not grow up under his evil influence.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I appreciate you are a defender of the police in every circumstance, but in this situation, they are indefensible.

There’s no doubt there was incompetence, but this was a rape and murder, (and many other offences) not a speeding ticket.

Training for police on how not to be manipulated by the public? Thats quite a ludicrous suggestion. Their code of ethics alone should be enough training on that subject and they really shouldn’t get out of the police college if they aren’t proficient in that.

If Jonathan Creswell had mates in the PSNI, we are all doomed. The man was a convicted domestic abuser and an absolute piece of tit. A matter of seconds in his company would be enough for a reasonable person to suss him out.
---

Katie’s sister, Jonathan’s ex-partner was very much a victim of abuse by him too. I believe there was a separate investigation underway of a catalogue of abuse she suffered from him. Thankfully, the children will not grow up under his evil influence.
I’m not a defender of the police in every circumstance. I have a positive view of police and I know that comes from perhaps my back ground and I have been open about this but I know the police duck things up too and there are wronguns. But just didn’t understand the comment about background as perhaps I have misunderstood the previous comment about the background of Katie and the killer. It’s doesn’t matter to me where they are from btw I was just confused as I thought it implied the police didn’t investigate because of a certain back ground and didn’t know what was meant.

Why aren’t the PSNI jumping all over it like they do for republican funerals 😉

• Angry
  • Wow
Why aren’t the PSNI jumping all over it like they do for republican funerals 😉
And even worse - it’s not even leaving the house heading to place of worship or a faith based graveyard oration…,,,,it’s inside bloody Roselawn crematorium.

They should have pushed them on into the furnace!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
And even worse - it’s not even leaving the house heading to place of worship or a faith based graveyard oration…,,,,it’s inside bloody Roselawn crematorium.

They should have pushed them on into the furnace!
Admittedly I’ve never been to a crematorium but is it one service at a time or would there have been other services going on at the same time as this “show of strength”? 🙄

Admittedly I’ve never been to a crematorium but is it one service at a time or would there have been other services going on at the same time as this “show of strength”? 🙄
It’s one at a time, I’m not sure if there’s a service as such you just play whatever music / tribute as the coffin disappears.
---
Painful

Last edited:
It's one at a time but we were waiting on the one before us coming out and when we came out the next family were waiting.

So if they were dressed like that, it would've been noticed by more than those at that specific service.

I know if I'd seen that I'd likely have been a bit shocked... but maybe it's because I live in the arse end of nowhere and wouldn't be used to the big city ways 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 3
It’s one at a time, I’m not sure if there’s a service as such you just play whatever music / tribute as the coffin disappears.
---
Painful
Is that based on the amount that they have lost in revenue for the book of kells?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.