Northern Ireland #22 The Good Friday Arraignment

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jeez was wondering if things had gotten that bad šŸ˜‚ but why are these things available to children? Isnā€™t there age restrictions for a reason.
These books are aimed at children, written in simplistic language etc so technically thatā€™s the ā€œappropriateā€ readership although I know I would never want my children reading them. The video they done about fisting šŸ¤¢ I can imagine my boys laughing their heads off at it tbh šŸ™ˆšŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 1
These books are aimed at children, written in simplistic language etc so technically thatā€™s the ā€œappropriateā€ readership although I know I would never want my children reading them. The video they done about fisting šŸ¤¢ I can imagine my boys laughing their heads off at it tbh šŸ™ˆšŸ˜‚
Itā€™s crazy thereā€™s people fighting for this to be part of the school curriculum , shows the state of the world.

Did you watch the videos? Itā€™s a parody šŸ˜‚ Their ā€œstory timeā€ videos are made by concerned parents raising awareness of what kids have access to in public libraries. Theyā€™re campaigning for books with sexualised content aimed at children to be removed from libraries.

Parodies like this do more harm than good because the frothing at the mouth brigade take nonsense like that as read, which only fuels misinformation.

Parodies like this do more harm than good because the frothing at the mouth brigade take nonsense like that as read, which only fuels misinformation.
Agree to an extent but the companies that they bring in to do the teaching are very secretive and wonā€™t allow parents in some cases to see the curriculum which is not transparent.

It doesnā€™t read as nonsense?ā€¦Our schools donā€™t seem to be infiltrated yet! But not for the want of trying from certain political parties.

Attachments

Iā€™m not sure very many children go to the library on their own anyway, the onus is on the parents and carers to monitor what material their child has access to. The same way we put parental controls on their devices. If they start teaching this stuff in schools then I wouldnā€™t consent to it. Nobody of any age needs to read about the gory details of fisting šŸ™ˆšŸ¤¢šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 3
Iā€™m not sure very many children go to the library on their own anyway, the onus is on the parents and carers to monitor what material their child has access to. The same way we put parental controls on their devices. If they start teaching this stuff in schools then I wouldnā€™t consent to it. Nobody of any age needs to read about the gory details of fisting šŸ™ˆšŸ¤¢šŸ˜‚
It doesnā€™t seem to be only libraries Nora.

It doesnā€™t seem to be only libraries Nora.
I know but that parody account is pretty counter productive to be fair. If they donā€™t want children to know about things like fisting then maybe donā€™t upload a video to YouTube explaining it in graphic detail šŸ™ˆ a child could easily stumble on that video thinking itā€™s a normal bedtime story video. I donā€™t want children exposed to that nonsense either but they might want to rethink their methods.

English local elections on today. Seen a bit of whinging on twitter about them being asked to show ID. Iā€™m amazed they didnā€™t have to have ID before now to vote. Obviously it should be cheap and accessible to get an ID.

I know but that parody account is pretty counter productive to be fair. If they donā€™t want children to know about things like fisting then maybe donā€™t upload a video to YouTube explaining it in graphic detail šŸ™ˆ a child could easily stumble on that video thinking itā€™s a normal bedtime story video. I donā€™t want children exposed to that nonsense either but they might want to rethink their methods.
Unfortunately once you hand your kid a phone theyā€™re open to all sorts , donā€™t know if Iā€™d want schools enforcing it.
---
NGOā€™s encouraging this ! Theyā€™ll be civil war shortly.
---
Maybe heā€™ll be joining SFšŸ˜‚
IMG_5963.jpeg

---

Attachments

Last edited:
I really wish that snooker video would stop coming up in my fyp. Itā€™s so creeepy.

Iā€™ll be interested to see how this unfolds. Misconduct but not gross or criminal šŸ§ Police believed a murderers account and closed it as a suicide with no actual evidence of suicide and very suspicious circumstances including unexplained injuries. Screams of laziness to me but Iā€™m hoping nothing more sinister was at play. Regardless, they failed Katie from the outset and should be held to account.

Reactions: 6
Iā€™ll be interested to see how this unfolds. Misconduct but not gross or criminal šŸ§ Police believed a murderers account and closed it as a suicide with no actual evidence of suicide and very suspicious circumstances including unexplained injuries. Screams of laziness to me but Iā€™m hoping nothing more sinister was at play. Regardless, they failed Katie from the outset.
If they are saying not gross or criminal Iā€™m guessing it is either laziness that canā€™t be proven or incompetence perhaps.

If they are saying not gross or criminal Iā€™m guessing it is either laziness that canā€™t be proven or incompetence perhaps.
None of that sits well with me and should not be accepted by the public of Northern Ireland. These are the people we call to protect us. They people who have a DUTY to serve the public, who attest that they will uphold the law. Yet they took the word of a convicted abuser of women, in suspicious circumstances. Massive red flag to anyone. If Katie were my daughter, I would not rest until the PSNI took action to ensure a victim of rape and murder would not be failed to this extent again. Another example of how we cannot have confidence in the PSNI.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
None of that sits well with me and should not be accepted by the public of Northern Ireland. These are the people we call to protect us. They people who have a DUTY to serve the public, who attest that they will uphold the law. Yet they took the word of a convicted abuser of women, in suspicious circumstances. Massive red flag to anyone. If Katie were my daughter, I would not rest until the PSNI took action to ensure a victim of rape and murder would not be failed to this extent again. Another example of how we cannot have confidence in the PSNI.
Controversial, but it could come down to the religion of the perp and victim ? Wouldnā€™t be the first time šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

Controversial, but it could come down to the religion of the perp and victim ? Wouldnā€™t be the first time šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø
Iā€™m unsure of that because Creswell didnā€™t have a religion as such and he was basically the devil so even the most basic of checks on him should have raised concerns.

ā€œAssume nothing, believe nobody, challenge everythingā€ yet the PSNI accepted the account of a convicted violent abuser with no evidence of a suicide.

The officers concerned deserve to be dismissed as they clearly have frighteningly poor judgement (to put it mildly) but that wonā€™t happen. We can only be thankful he didnā€™t murder anyone else in the 3 years he was walking the streets since murdering Katie, but I wouldnā€™t be confident he wasnā€™t abusing women during that time.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.