Northern Ireland #22 The Good Friday Arraignment

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can barely read this article for the ads so unclear whether it is Irish or Spanish police but good on them

Reactions: 1
And also remember Martin McGuinness asking McCrea to explain himself for that comment!!!

Compare how a wonderful man like Sean Brown had his murder facilitated by to state to how a horrible bitter little bastard like McCrea was protected at every opportunity!

His alliance with Billy Wright says it all - hardly befitting of a man of the cloth.
wouldn’t let it go about conspiracy around his death!

Best day ever was when he lost his seat! Irish brigade have a good wee tune about that, also Sean Mone Keady has a hilarious Satirical song about him!

Reactions: 2
We have it recorded to watch tonight.
That was one of those more memorable deaths for me of the troubles and how barbaric it was.

Evidence when it happened that it was a state facilitated murder. As were many more!
Is that “Murder of a GAA Chairman”, on RTE?
Do you know can it be watched RTE player? (Living in north here)
I can’t seem to get it on my phone, must try the TV later.

Reactions: 3
Is that “Murder of a GAA Chairman”, on RTE?
Do you know can it be watched RTE player? (Living in north here)
I can’t seem to get it on my phone, must try the TV later.
Yeah it’s on RTE player, and just checked there on my phone and I could play it ok

edited to add I turned of my wifi and it wouldn’t come up on mobile data

Attachments

Last edited:
Yeah they played that clip in the documentary. Sean Brown was murdered within a month of McCrae making that threat. He’s another evil c*nt hiding behind the Christian facade 🙄 he even looks evil ffs 🤢

• Heart
Yeah they played that clip in the documentary. Sean Brown was murdered within a month of McCrae making that threat. He’s another evil c*nt hiding behind the Christian facade 🙄 he even looks evil ffs 🤢
He was one c*nt I wish was nutted!
His Wiki page highlights some of it such as this below regarding Gerry Adams - odd then he didn’t call for Billy Wright to have the death penalty

Speaking in the Northern Ireland Assembly in March 1984 following an attempt on the life of Sinn Féin president Gerry Adams by the UDA which left him seriously wounded McCrea stated:

For years he has played with the sword and today he was on the verge of dying by the same sword. As one who believes in the death penalty, I do believe that the removal of Gerry Adams from this country would be a great bonus for law-abiding people.[

• Sick
T

Thanks! Will try this again!
RTE Player is shite no matter where on the island you are. I ignore it except for things like the Olympics, and then watching the eternal buffering just reminds me of trying to pick up BBC for Seoul 1988 with an aeriel on the roof, and dancing around the tv set with a coathanger.

On the subject of tv though, I gather Blue Lights is well received up there with ye? I liked it a lot. 2 observations: 1. that new young fella with the tats is the head off Kenneth Branagh, and 2. I spotted a few actors from down my way and I hope they did not disgrace us by mangling your accent.

RTE Player is shite no matter where on the island you are. I ignore it except for things like the Olympics, and then watching the eternal buffering just reminds me of trying to pick up BBC for Seoul 1988 with an aeriel on the roof, and dancing around the tv set with a coathanger.

On the subject of tv though, I gather Blue Lights is well received up there with ye? I liked it a lot. 2 observations: 1. that new young fella with the tats is the head off Kenneth Branagh, and 2. I spotted a few actors from down my way and I hope they did not disgrace us by mangling your accent.
I personally absolutely loved Blue lights & I cried a lot at the end 😅🤪

• Heart
T

Thanks! Will try this again!
This guy has posted the full documentary.

---

Didn’t think the first series was very good, the English one does my head in and they killed off the best character 🙈 second series seems better so far.

Reactions: 4
When we’re on the subject of Blue Lights, my main gripe with it is how the police officers are all portrayed as fluffy, likeable characters who always do the right thing. The police service described in the Sean Brown documentary is the one most Nationalists are more familiar with. There’s a blissful ignorance south of the border and in Britain about what people here endured at the hands of the police. 2024 and the British government are still covering for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
When we’re on the subject of Blue Lights, my main gripe with it is how the police officers are all portrayed as fluffy, likeable characters who always do the right thing. The police service described in the Sean Brown documentary is the one most Nationalists are more familiar with. There’s a blissful ignorance south of the border and in Britain about what people here endured at the hands of the police. 2024 and the British government are still covering for them.

I imagine they will need a new twist for the 3rd season if it gets recommissioned so since they have done republicans, loyalists perhaps they could get a dodgy copper in for the third one if it happens.
I do think the writing makes pretty much every character likeable which is rare for a multi cast drama. Some of the put on Belfast accents are hilarious but makes it enjoyable.
---

I imagine they will need a new twist for the 3rd season if it gets recommissioned so since they have done republicans, loyalists perhaps they could get a dodgy copper in for the third one if it happens.
I do think the writing makes pretty much every character likeable which is rare for a multi cast drama. Some of the put on Belfast accents are hilarious but makes it enjoyable.

---

3 and 4 are already commissioned. The accent thing makes me laugh because normally when I hear a norn iron accent on TV it makes me cringe but on Blue Lights it’s the English blade I can’t listen to 😂

No way! How do you know? Can’t see anything on his Facebook 👀
He’s removed it, it was there earlier he was making fun of the cops calling them black bastards, someone apparently reported him for something ? Cops busted in his door , he refused to open it because they didn’t have a warrant.
---
Migrants attacking other migrants, towns getting worse, then we have the endless hostels filled with the vermin of the north.
---
It’s still there when you look at his FB posts

Attachments

Last edited:
He’s removed it, it was there earlier he was making fun of the cops calling them black bastards, someone apparently reported him for something ? Cops busted in his door , he refused to open it because they didn’t have a warrant.
---
Migrants attacking other migrants, towns getting worse, then we have the endless hostels filled with the vermin of the north.
---
It’s still there when you look at his FB posts
View attachment 2893394
I had a wee chuckle about the “go back to your own country” 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.