Northern Ireland #2 Craic, conflict and current affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well let's see how many of our elected politicians will hang up their sashes in disgust at such a vile anti- catholic institution ... A big fat 0 is my guess .
Did you see Diane Forsytheā€™s Twitter? šŸ˜ Not a word of condemnation but she did post a lovely pic of her parading in her sash.

No comment on the false accusations then! Silence is golden šŸ™„
Assuming that SF voters are IRA supporters are also false accusations but anyway šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 3
Did you see Diane Forsytheā€™s Twitter? šŸ˜ Not a word of condemnation but she did post a lovely pic of her parading in her sash.

Assuming that SF voters are IRA supporters are also false accusations but anyway šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø
If they really want to be seen as an inclusive gov nowā€™s the perfect time to hang up the sash .

Reactions: 3
I'm still waiting to hear what Barry was re elected as. Genuinely interested as I'm from omagh.
He was elected as chair of the fermanagh and omagh District Council three days ago šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
So if your bins change Rosie you know who to contact šŸ˜ :ROFLMAO:

There can only ever be a green and orange gov it's part of the GFA so nothing will change there .
And that is something that perhaps should change?
Yes but hold on. The Barry McElduff thing is in response to that terrible incident with Michaela.
Look its not all ussins, look at what themmuns did and he's been promoted.
Come on now, and you shared it as a means to do the same and point that out.
I'm sorry Emmalina but you're talking about change but nothing will change until people stop that carry on.
hang on. I posted the Barry mcelduff thing because it appeared on Belfast telegraph Facebook YESTERDAY, as it was a recent post. How soon do you want me to wait until I can post something?

If I was playing whatabouts I would have posted the videos of the Tyrone squad singing IRA songs from 2019 but I didnā€™t, deliberately but if you are trying to claim the mcelduff thing is such then here you go:

• Heart
Reactions: 2
And that is something that perhaps should change?

hang on. I posted the Barry mcelduff thing because it appeared on Belfast telegraph Facebook YESTERDAY, as it was a recent post. How soon do you want me to wait until I can post something?

If I was playing whatabouts I would have posted the videos of the Tyrone squad singing IRA songs from 2019 but I didnā€™t, deliberately but if you are trying to claim the mcelduff thing is such then here you go:

I made reference to what the GAA team did several days ago, and expressed my bitter disappointment as I know youngsters who that personsally effected. The same youngsters who march in an OO band and play anti Catholic anti Irish music. But there we are. Its regrettable. Its not right. There is a lot of nonsense here and most of us don't want any part of it. Including myself.

Reactions: 1
Still waiting to hear what the IRA has to do with Michaela McAreavy? Who wants to enlighten me?

Reactions: 5
Once again, I didnā€™t say Sinn Fein voters are IRA supporters. Someone else said that - that person was not me. Perhaps tag them if you want them to elaborate. Itā€™s probably assumed because the IRA army council control Sinn Fein according to many assessments done. But like I say, I canā€™t speak on anyone elseā€™s behalf I can just hazard a guess. I know people who vote for Sinn Fein who donā€™t support the IRA so itā€™s not something I would say myself.

He was elected as chair of the fermanagh and omagh District Council three days ago šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
So if your bins change Rosie you know who to contact šŸ˜ :ROFLMAO:
He was elected back into council in 2019. Iā€™ll tag an article for those who may have missed it.

• Haha
Wonder what these youngsters did to deserve the bile and bombs thrown at them, their only crime going to school šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§šŸ¤¢ this was a year ago not the height of the troubles,while the RUC stood by and did FA
ā€¦

Wonder what these youngsters did to deserve the bile and bombs thrown at them, their only crime going to school šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§šŸ¤¢ this was a year ago white the RUC stood by and did FA
We could all sit here for years showing footage of atrocities on both sides of the divide, Iā€™m not sure what it would gain though if anything it just stirs up hatred šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Still waiting to hear what the IRA has to do with Michaela McAreavy? Who wants to enlighten me?
I never said they had anything to do with Michaela. However there is constant posting here insinuating all prods are belting out the horrible song while we have our fifteens and that apparently only loyalists are awful and sing horrible things. I got fed up after days of this to be honest and this was before the Michaela song incident so this morning I engaged in a bit of whatabouts and I see someone has now come back with the holy cross incident which again was disgusting, thatā€™s not the gotcha you think it is.

• Heart
We could all sit here for years showing footage of atrocities on both sides of the divide, Iā€™m not sure what it would gain though if anything it just stirs up hatred šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
The hatred is real, look at the age of those fuckers standing there jeering young children on their way to school , mustā€™ve got out of bed especially .,,pathetic.

The hatred is real, look at the age of those fuckers standing there jeering young children on their way to school , mustā€™ve got out of bed especially .,,pathetic.
Yes ā€œpatheticā€ is the understatement of the year but Iā€™m not sure what youā€™re getting at here? We could all show ā€œpatheticā€ examples that have happened on all of our communities but what will it really gain except division. Donā€™t you agree that all violence that occurred was awful? I would assume that you do, I donā€™t see anyone here condoning it, how could they. Maybe thatā€™s one thing we all have in common.

I never said they had anything to do with Michaela. However there is constant posting here insinuating all prods are belting out the horrible song while we have our fifteens and that apparently only loyalists are awful and sing horrible things. I got fed up after days of this to be honest and this was before the Michaela song incident so this morning I engaged in a bit of whatabouts and I see someone has now come back with the holy cross incident which again was disgusting, thatā€™s not the gotcha you think it is.
Who said it was all ā€œprodsā€? Do you not think that by bringing up the IRA you are implying that Michaela was somehow affiliated with it? Itā€™s like when people say ā€œoh thatā€™s awful butā€¦ā€ There are no ifs and buts. She had nothing to do with the IRA, the troubles or politics, she was a normal girl who happened to be Catholic. What happened to her couldā€™ve happened to any of us.

Yes ā€œpatheticā€ is the understatement of the year but Iā€™m not sure what youā€™re getting at here? We could all show ā€œpatheticā€ examples that have happened on all of our communities but what will it really gain except division. Donā€™t you agree that all violence that occurred was awful? I would assume that you do, I donā€™t see anyone here condoning it, how could they. Maybe thatā€™s one thing we all have in common.
My point being ,one side gets away with it while the other are punished, same with the recent rioting at the interface no action on loyalist youths but as soon as nationalists step in to defend themselves the police move into action, thatā€™s their differences in the two communities but not everyone on here will experience or see it.

Who said it was all ā€œprodsā€? Do you not think that by bringing up the IRA you are implying that Michaela was somehow affiliated with it? Itā€™s like when people say ā€œoh thatā€™s awful butā€¦ā€ There are no ifs and buts. She had nothing to do with the IRA, the troubles or politics, she was a normal girl who happened to be Catholic. What happened to her couldā€™ve happened to any of us.
No.

i wasnā€™t talking about Michaela at all.
the response to the people involved was quite rightly that most of them (if not all) have been publically shamed and sacked.
We all agreed that was correct.

then given that the title of this thread is NI craic/conflict I posted a story from yesterday about mcelduff as it was in the news yesterday and somehow you all decided this was a direct attack on Michaela when I was literally just posting what came up on the fb news feed.

I admit this morning I went duck it and then did engage in a bit of what abouts by posting the Tyrone apology for their singing but was actually shocked when I posted that the coalisland up the ra lads are getting a bleeping civic tea instead of being sacked from their roles for being scum bags. None of these incidents are anything to do with michaela at all

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.