Northern Ireland #2 Craic, conflict and current affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just think they look shite. Don’t care what colour they are. We have a beautiful country with glorious glens and beaches but we divert people’s eyes to tacky bunting and vandalised kerbs.

Reactions: 4
Just saw this

1654359396232.png

I just think they look shite. Don’t care what colour they are. We have a beautiful country with glorious glens and beaches but we divert people’s eyes to tacky bunting and vandalised kerbs.
Completely agree, the kerbs look terrible. In recent years I have seen some in an area near my parents house where they did every other kerb and it looked even worse. Plus they took no care in the actual painting so it just looked terrible.

• Sad
  • Angry
“An agenda for real change”… this is exactly why unionist people don’t buy what Sinn Fein are selling. We have seen Michelle O’Neill and Conor Murphy over the past few days sending best wishes to the Queen seemingly making this “real change” they speak of, maybe it was to deflect from the fact this scumbag has been given a senior role in the council, just 4 years after his shameful video that apparently was a “bizarre coincidence” yet was posted on the anniversary of the kingsmill massacre. Absolute scum of the earth.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
“An agenda for real change”… this is exactly why unionist people don’t buy what Sinn Fein are selling. We have seen Michelle O’Neill and Conor Murphy over the past few days sending best wishes to the Queen seemingly making this “real change” they speak of, maybe it was to deflect from the fact this scumbag has been given a senior role in the council, just 4 years after his shameful video that apparently was a “bizarre coincidence” yet was posted on the anniversary of the kingsmill massacre. Absolute scum of the earth.
And I would probably say there are young members of Sinn Fein who do actually want to do good in society and work hard but I find it hard to trust them with things like this.

Reactions: 3
Was Murphy not at a jubilee event? I thought I read something. McElduff should never be holding any sort of office again, think the wanker got off easy because it appeared "ambiguous" I think his intentions were pretty clear myself.

And I would probably say there are young members of Sinn Fein who do actually want to do good in society and work hard but I find it hard to trust them with things like this.
Totally. They can never move forward with this “agenda for real change” while they’re moving backwards at the same time!

Was Murphy not at a jubilee event? I thought I read something. McElduff should never be holding any sort of office again, think the wanker got off easy because it appeared "ambiguous" I think his intentions were pretty clear myself.
Yes you’re right he was, and he did appear to be making all this positive progress - I actually thought fair play when I seen it, but in my opinion seeing stuff like this just takes their party 10 steps back. Mcelduff definitely got off easy. Was it 3 months SF suspended him for? He was elected as a councillor for them again not long after he resigned and it took him an entire week to resign as MP. SF need to rid themselves of him if they expect anyone to take this “agenda for real change” seriously

Last edited:
Totally. They can never move forward with this “agenda for real change” while they’re moving backwards at the same time!

Yes you’re right he was, and he did appear to be making all this positive progress - I actually thought fair play when I seen it, but in my opinion seeing stuff like this just takes their party 10 steps back. Mcelduff definitely got off easy. Was it 3 months SF suspended him for? He was elected as a councillor for them again not long after he resigned and it took him an entire week to resign as MP. SF need to rid themselves of him if they expect anyone to take this “agenda for real change” seriously
I thought he was gone, I'm quite surprised that he's still around to be honest.
I'm pretty confident that SF want real change here. Let's hope its coming.

Sophie and Eddie got a Belfast bap. Yeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooooooo

Lads they had a bad Queen look-a-like in a paper mask and I think she actually believed she was The Queen.

Last edited:
Oh, I read something else about this in the Coleraine chronicle, lot of detail. That's unbelievable. He admits attacking her the night in question. Instructed someone to call an ambulance to meet her on the road, placed her body in the car and went back to the house to remove his clothes and have a cold shower, knowing steam from hot shower would alert forensics to his clean up. Quite a few people involved. Why is this not big news?
That is what I thought was strange. Very hush hush!

Reactions: 2
Yet nationalists had to accept a DUP gov for years, no questions asked

Not sure if you are relating this to the Barry kings mill post?
As I and @Emmelina Ball and others have said repeatedly the DUP don’t speak for us.

all I did earlier was highlight a disgusting post By someone who has just been rewarded by Sinn finn.

• Heart
Not sure if you are relating this to the Barry kings mill post?
As I and @Emmelina Ball and others have said repeatedly the DUP don’t speak for us.

all I did earlier was highlight a disgusting post By someone who has just been rewarded by Sinn finn.
I don't think SF speak for all nationalists, it's those painting the DUP like snow white when they're just as bad as the shinners I can't be doing with .

I don't think SF speak for all nationalists, it's those painting the DUP like snow white when they're just as bad as the shinners I can't be doing with .
They're worse. Kissed ass over in Westminster and got us into pure tit with brexit and now are double backing on themselves and nothing can be done here while people are drowning in poverty. If it wasn't for them things would have been alot different these past few years both in Westminster and stormont. Jokers.

They're worse. Kissed ass over in Westminster and got us into pure tit with brexit and now are double backing on themselves and nothing can be done here while people are drowning in poverty. If it wasn't for them things would have been alot different these past few years both in Westminster and stormont. Jokers.
Linking arms with terrorists to get job done too , there we have Nigel Dodds a founding member of the UFF sitting in the house of lords ,Sammy Wilson another founding member still a serving MP ,Emma L Pengelly da the same ,even implicated in the murder of innocent catholics ,but no it's SF can't be trusted 🤣

Perhaps if Sinn Fein would take the Westminster seats they could make a difference?

Linking arms with terrorists to get job done too , there we have Nigel Dodds a founding member of the UFF sitting in the house of lords ,Sammy Wilson another founding member still a serving MP ,Emma L Pengelly da the same ,even implicated in the murder of innocent catholics ,but no it's SF can't be trusted 🤣
I don’t think any of them should be in the House of Lords!

But who here is painting them as Snow White?
I keep seeing SF can't be trusted as an all round party that represents all communities yet nobody seems to mention the DUP in the same way, yet nationalists had to put up with their rules for years .

Perhaps if Sinn Fein would take the Westminster seats they could make a difference?

I don’t think any of them should be in the House of Lords!
No they shouldn't and Arlene shouldn't have been considered for a birthday honour when she's been rubbing noses with terrorists ,she's no better than Michelle in that regard .

Last edited:
I honestly just don’t understand it. What the hell was going through their heads. But fk them, they deserve everything that’s coming their way be it losing jobs, friends etc. everyone is disgusted.
It’s simple - they are sectarian tramps to the core

anyone or anything is fair game and in this case poor Micheala was the target

nothing but a pack of sock indoctrinated bastards

And then to top it all, in attempt to show the world they aren’t the sectarian bigots they’re perceived to be, they get Jamie Bryson of all people to represent them 🤦🏻‍♀️
That really is a ‘comedy gold’ moment

How many times do I have to say that the DUP don’t speak for the majority of unionists? Unfortunately there is a low head count in terms of voting in general but you would see that the vast majority of unionists don’t agree with them yet you all seem to think every unionist has gone to a street party tonight singing that awful song which should have never seen the light of day. And I know many DUP voters would say the same.

Could say the same from stormont lol 😏 the money is sitting waiting to be utilised
Agree with that too! And have done for years. Don’t get in stormont, cut their wages off!

• Heart
It’s simple - they are sectarian tramps to the core

anyone or anything is fair game and in this case poor Micheala was the target

nothing but a pack of sock indoctrinated bastards

That really is a ‘comedy gold’ moment
Well let's see how many of our elected politicians will hang up their sashes in disgust at such a vile anti- catholic institution ... A big fat 0 is my guess .

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.