Northern Ireland #13 Cafflicks and Prods up a tree K-I-SS-I-N-G

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ha ha armagh
Well seen what county border your closer to 😂
---
God help her ! hope they’re got and dealt with.
That really is scary… especially when it happens in the middle of the day when the road would surely have been busy with all the Saturday shopping traffic and people about

…..

Police are appealing for information after a teenage girl was reportedly forced into a car and sexually assaulted on Saturday afternoon.
The PSNI’s Detective Sergeant Lyttle said: “Police received a report that at around 2pm, a teenage girl was approached by three men in a dark-coloured vehicle outside a shopping centre in the Longwood Road area of Newtownabbey.

“One of the men exited the car and forced the girl inside the vehicle against her will.

“While the car made its way towards Belfast, the girl was sexually assaulted.

“The car stopped within the vicinity of the Royal Avenue area and the victim was let out. She then raised the alarm for help.

“A full investigation is underway and we are keen to hear from anyone that could help with our enquiries.

“We would especially like to hear from anyone who noticed or has dash-cam footage of a dark-coloured car, that was travelling along the Shore Road towards York Street and onto Royal Avenue between 2pm and 2.30pm. The car may also have had tinted windows.”

Anyone with information can contact police on 101, quoting reference number 1104 of 13/05/23.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Well seen what county border your closer to 😂
---

That really is scary… especially when it happens in the middle of the day when the road would surely have been busy with all the Saturday shopping traffic and people about

…..

Police are appealing for information after a teenage girl was reportedly forced into a car and sexually assaulted on Saturday afternoon.
The PSNI’s Detective Sergeant Lyttle said: “Police received a report that at around 2pm, a teenage girl was approached by three men in a dark-coloured vehicle outside a shopping centre in the Longwood Road area of Newtownabbey.

“One of the men exited the car and forced the girl inside the vehicle against her will.

“While the car made its way towards Belfast, the girl was sexually assaulted.

“The car stopped within the vicinity of the Royal Avenue area and the victim was let out. She then raised the alarm for help.

“A full investigation is underway and we are keen to hear from anyone that could help with our enquiries.

“We would especially like to hear from anyone who noticed or has dash-cam footage of a dark-coloured car, that was travelling along the Shore Road towards York Street and onto Royal Avenue between 2pm and 2.30pm. The car may also have had tinted windows.”

Anyone with information can contact police on 101, quoting reference number 1104 of 13/05/23.
I know! You’d think there’d be lots would’ve seen it or at least CCTV picked them up, you never think it can happen at a shopping centre .
---

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
@BigMavis I married one of them too but I had the sense to move us all back to T'rone.

Hubby away to the match (couldn't get a ticket for the boys but they support God's county anyway).

I don't think either Derry or Armagh will progress much further if they aren't good enough to actually beat the other... Although I accept the atmosphere was probably weird so I might be wrong.

Re Joe's statement... He's always very eloquent and passionate and I get what he meant. It's hard to get everything right in this because it's such a mess.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Belfast Telegraph are trying to spook us all
Ghost stories about Queens halls, if you know you know.
---
This is the podcast if anyone is feeling brave
I love this podcast and have listened to them all. I think he's doing an event in the ulster Hall in a few months, bel tel probably doing a bit of promo for that.

DUP the opera 👀 is George back on the Columbian Gold lol …Mrs R 😉 wonder what Peter will make of that.
IMG_4633.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 1
A lot of people on twitter saying the police deliberately aren’t giving a description of the attackers of the teenage girl from yesterday. Similar to that west Belfast park rape the other month people are now drawing their own conclusions, surely it would be better to just come out with it.

A lot of people on twitter saying the police deliberately aren’t giving a description of the attackers of the teenage girl from yesterday. Similar to that west Belfast park rape the other month people are now drawing their own conclusions, surely it would be better to just come out with it.
Not surprised when you look at what’s going on in Dublin but putting the public at risk isn’t on .

Not surprised when you look at what’s going on in Dublin but putting the public at risk isn’t on .
I actually think it creates more resentment and suspicion by not facing into it. Initially I thought it was a strange place for a random attack though so thought there was more to it, not necessarily people who aren’t from here, I assumed it was local related

I actually think it creates more resentment and suspicion by not facing into it. Initially I thought it was a strange place for a random attack though so thought there was more to it, not necessarily people who aren’t from here, I assumed it was local related
It’s a Saturday afternoon and that road is usually extremely busy between the Valley park / leisure centre and then Abbeycentre / the shops at Tesco / Smyths etc

Horrifying &! it’s a little too close to home for me for comfort - I can’t understand how no one saw , god love that girl

It did sound in the article like there was more to it but I dunno 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 6
I’m sure once they get the number plate from CCTV they’ll know who they are ,unless it’s a runabout even though we’re used to violence here crimes like this stand out a mile compared to other places, they could be homegrown scum for all we know out of their brains on substances,I’m sure we’ll know for sure shortly.
---
Definitely must be trying to provoke!

---

Last edited:
Wow Sister Michael gave it to the government last night but apparently BBC didn't broadcast it or clipped it or something.

Wow Sister Michael gave it to the government last night but apparently BBC didn't broadcast it or clipped it or something.
they blamed ‘time constraints’ for editing it out. Maybe Siobhan noting the "indignities, ignorance and stupidity of your so-called leaders (in) Dublin, Stormont and Westminster" hit a little too close to home 👏🏼

Reactions: 3
It never said. I get the impression they remained with him though.
---
Also her issues with alcohol were significant enough for her to talk about recovery.
---
Our ones say the match had a weird atmosphere.
I was at the match yesterday after managing to get last minute tickets, I’m surprised at that, I’ve never felt an atmosphere like that in my life tbh, it was electric. My heart nearly fell out my mouth during the penalties 🙈 great banter between the fans and no bother at all thankfully. And I never heard a certain person’s name mentioned once. They did it without him and I hope he was sick 💪
I see the Sunday World showed up at his house and took pics of him through the window. As much as he deserves everything he gets I don’t think it’s right for the press to do that when the children were probably there, I’m sure they’re going through enough 🙁

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
So what does everyone make of the Gaa implying they didn’t get the email from Nicola’s dad. It could either be some admin assistant who is used to trawling through emails so just deletes them without reading or it could actually be deliberately turning a blind eye. The good thing is it seems her family are respected business people so luckily for her it gives her more credibility. Can you imagine if she was just some working class girl?

The fact that it was the opening story for tonight’s evening edition of BBC Newsline further gives it coverage.
They refer to RORY as the FORMER manager, does that mean he has been stood down completely rather than stepping out for a while.

Am sure the family are astute enough to retain email history also so that those sent can be investigated and verified.

And I agree with you @Griftymcgriftface - her family standing has probably lead to this being given more publicity and credibility.

which in a way is sad as all victims should have a voice and fair recourse regardless of social status

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.