Noah Donohoe #2 still no answers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, a naked child probably wouldn't rap a door. Into a housing estate with people around thinking it gave him some protection, maybe he thought they'd hear him shouting if people tried to hurt him.
I think if I was naked and running from people I'd probably do that, hiding, trying not to draw attention to myself but could roar and shout if further danger presented itself.
This makes a lot of sense to me.

Mind you having seen the footage I just can’t get my head around the storm drain- I thought it was much bigger, one you could sort of walk into, or half Crawl into. Crawling into that little hole- especially when it’s clearly fed by a pretty major stream (so def full of water as opposed to being empty until it’s needed for overflow) is boggling.

Reactions: 1
On the camera piece… I used to work in a bar and it came up in discussion one time (about 15years ago) how a lot of the surrounding bars and restaurants had cctv but didn’t actually have it on. The cameras were more a deterrent than being in use..it could have been with covid and places being closed they simply had their cameras off.
The footage of him (I think york road) on the bike from the screen shoot he doesn’t look to be in a distressed position on the bike, not like he was racing for his life.

I feel like dinal is just trying to drip feed bits and pieces to up his donations but the reality will be he is potnetially just a teenager who got mixed up in drugs and had an episode. Do we know that Fiona was definitely home that day or the night before? Given what people are saying about alleged alcohol issues could she have been away at certain points.
The single key makes no sense to me…. Why would you not give a 14 year old his own house key?

I’ve never really properly delved into this case. It heart breaking watching his mother. Feel sick to my stomach.
but after watching that YouTube clip… the only logical theory is he was assaulted - resulting in him being stripped & was scared and cycling for his life & wasn’t thinking about where he was going & was trying to hide? But how would he get through the bars of that storm drain?

I’ve never really properly delved into this case. It heart breaking watching his mother. Feel sick to my stomach.
but after watching that YouTube clip… the only logical theory is he was assaulted - resulting in him being stripped & was scared and cycling for his life & wasn’t thinking about where he was going & was trying to hide? But how would he get through the bars of that storm drain?
The drain was unlocked, you just lift the lid, jury still out if he could be able to lift the lid.
Department of infrastructure being taken for manslaughter as its supposed to be locked at all times.
He was witnessed taking his own top off, witness gave a statement.
He wasn't naked entire journey, just from middle of street to top (bad enough) but the street is very small.
The assault seems logical, but cctv just happens to missing at a certain part of his journey.
Welcome to the most bizarre case in recent times.
Edit: I think there may be 2 mins missing in the street he was last seen, he was being picked up on ring doorbells.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
The assault theory is as legitimate as the drugs.
Drugs has only been given serious thought since we learned he left during the night.
I don't think Fiona was leaving the child alone, she cared about him a lot. She may have had issues with alcohol and possibly some complex relationships with her extended family, but thought the world of her son. The only thing I could say on her parenting is possibly her over compensating, it was really important to her that her parenting looked excellent and understandably she wanted the child to have every opportunity to excel.
Those are normal things. Lots of parents in lots of different family situations do that.
The key indicates Noah wasn't letting himself in after school and that she was at home when he returned, I didn't have a house key at that age, if there was nobody at home the key was left under the flower pot.
I think she's a very attentive mother, knew her child very well but adolescence brings secrets to every parent child relationship. I think there may have been some fog about Noahs changing personality, again not that unusual, teens are hard. You drop the ball for a second and any number of issues can arise. It's happened in this house.
It's horrendous that this happened to the child, he should be here today, whatever was going on, stress, drugs, involved with people, an assault, fear, who knows? His life shouldn't have ended in this way. I don't know about Donal, he described him as the poster boy for missing children everywhere. I don't like it.

Reactions: 7
The only thing I could say on her parenting is possibly her over compensating, it was really important to her that her parenting looked excellent and understandably she wanted the child to have every opportunity to excel.
This is the impression I get also in the aftermath, sounds terrible, I've thought it but not said, I find at times she really pushes how great he, she, they where, things only now Donal is drip feeding us, I had no idea, she had told police he had been out of sorts, a bit off. She didn't tell her army that, it makes me think she doesn't want people to think bad of her. Then again she is strong enough to not care at times. Just something I've noticed but only my opinion.

Reactions: 4
This is the impression I get also in the aftermath, sounds terrible, I've thought it but not said, I find at times she really pushes how great he, she, they where, things only now Donal is drip feeding us, I had no idea, she had told police he had been out of sorts, a bit off. She didn't tell her army that, it makes me think she doesn't want people to think bad of her. Then again she is strong enough to not care at times. Just something I've noticed but only my opinion.
I agree. I think anyone looking in can see that. Image was important. I think Donal asking for support for her is important too, that information was around for months and I wonder if they had to talk her into going public. Very unusual that the police not sharing something so important wasn't put straight out there by her, you'd expect her to be raging. If you look at the army they talk about how special, intelligent and talented he was because that's the main thing isn't it? They're repeating what they've heard her say. The child was an individual but he was also an extension of her and her ability.
You meet people like this though. Hard to listen to.

Reactions: 3
I definitely feel there's been omitting of the truth from both sides. Fiona painted the picture that Noah was the perfect child, it was just him and her and they lived for each other and while that might have been true when he was smaller. He was a 14 year old who was starting to explore the world and dabble in things he maybe shouldn't have been. And with what's come out now it sort of contradicts the narrative Fionas been pushing. Had she told the police the truth from the start, their investigation wouldn't have been as cut and shut as it was.
However, I do believe any evidence they have should have been made avaliable to fiona as soon as possible, rather than months or years later.
I definitely think we have all the puzzle pieces, and the rumours of suspects and incidents aren't just coincidental. Just can't piece it all together. There's too many contradictions and misunderstandings that the whole thing is completely muddled

The drain was unlocked, you just lift the lid, jury still out if he could be able to lift the lid.
Department of infrastructure being taken for manslaughter as its supposed to be locked at all times.
He was witnessed taking his own top off, witness gave a statement.
He wasn't naked entire journey, just from middle of street to top (bad enough) but the street is very small.
The assault seems logical, but cctv just happens to missing at a certain part of his journey.
Welcome to the most bizarre case in recent times.
Edit: I think there may be 2 mins missing in the street he was last seen, he was being picked up on ring doorbells.
ok thank you for this!
the missing cctv is suspicious!!

I definitely feel there's been omitting of the truth from both sides. Fiona painted the picture that Noah was the perfect child, it was just him and her and they lived for each other and while that might have been true when he was smaller. He was a 14 year old who was starting to explore the world and dabble in things he maybe shouldn't have been. And with what's come out now it sort of contradicts the narrative Fionas been pushing. Had she told the police the truth from the start, their investigation wouldn't have been as cut and shut as it was.
However, I do believe any evidence they have should have been made avaliable to fiona as soon as possible, rather than months or years later.
I definitely think we have all the puzzle pieces, and the rumours of suspects and incidents aren't just coincidental. Just can't piece it all together. There's too many contradictions and misunderstandings that the whole thing is completely muddled
But what didn't she tell them. When she reported him missing she was concerned about his mental health. She didn't publicly state it but she told the police. She posted a thing last night about cave hill, she says that was incorrect. But Donal made a video about it today. She does contradict herself quite a lot.

Attachments

I agree. I think anyone looking in can see that. Image was important. I think Donal asking for support for her is important too, that information was around for months and I wonder if they had to talk her into going public. Very unusual that the police not sharing something so important wasn't put straight out there by her, you'd expect her to be raging. If you look at the army they talk about how special, intelligent and talented he was because that's the main thing isn't it? They're repeating what they've heard her say. The child was an individual but he was also an extension of her and her ability.
You meet people like this though. Hard to listen to.
Absolutely hard to listen too, I had a whole primary school existence with a mum who had the most incredible child ever born into this world and my god you heard about it 😂 it was documented on every SM outlet, the child was pleasant and yes academic in some things but far from gifted. I was glad to get away!
---
But what didn't she tell them. When she reported him missing she was concerned about his mental health. She didn't publicly state it but she told the police. She posted a thing last night about cave hill, she says that was incorrect. But Donal made a video about it today. She does contradict herself quite a lot.
Well this isn't true from memory, I'm pretty sure She said he was going to do DOE 🤔
So now he was just having a day out but needed to bring a laptop? And she was like grand? I'd have been saying you're not taking that up a mountain! I genuinely thought it was to bring maps up for DOE work. Yes seems she told police but no one else about her concerns, that prob explains why he went down as vulnerable then.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Absolutely hard to listen too, I had a whole primary school existence with a mum who had the most incredible child ever born into this world and my god you heard about it 😂 it was documented on every SM outlet, the child was pleasant and yes academic in some things but far from gifted. I was glad to get away!
---

Well this isn't true from memory, I'm pretty sure She said he was going to do DOE 🤔
So now he was just having a day out but needed to bring a laptop? And she was like grand? I'd have been saying you're not taking that up a mountain! I genuinely thought it was to bring maps up for DOE work. Yes seems she told police but no one else about her concerns, that prob explains why he went down as vulnerable then.
What about these weeins he was due to meet and not receiving a message? That doesn't ring true does it? He was to ring her from their phone, did he have no credit? Even Donal is giving parts of stories but explanation for things isn't there.
Yes, I don't understand the laptop, the book, maybe it was normal for him, my kids would take their phones, laps wouldn't be brought on a hike.
Did see someone in the comments saying that area can take you to Belfast Castle where you can't enter cave hill but I don't know my way around.

What about these weeins he was due to meet and not receiving a message? That doesn't ring true does it? He was to ring her from their phone, did he have no credit? Even Donal is giving parts of stories but explanation for things isn't there.
Yes, I don't understand the laptop, the book, maybe it was normal for him, my kids would take their phones, laps wouldn't be brought on a hike.
Did see someone in the comments saying that area can take you to Belfast Castle where you can't enter cave hill but I don't know my way around.
Unless it was a WhatsApp message so it was left unread, though you can still see the message just not acknowledge it. No he had no credit so probably couldn't reply anyway. Again WhatsApp is free while there is WiFi. She was to phone him or the friends phone. She said in the interview with the Scottish guy on you tube, he had no credit. I'm not sure about the entry I think you can go a couple of ways.

Unless it was a WhatsApp message so it was left unread, though you can still see the message just not acknowledge it. No he had no credit so probably couldn't reply anyway. Again WhatsApp is free while there is WiFi. She was to phone him or the friends phone. She said in the interview with the Scottish guy on you tube, he had no credit. I'm not sure about the entry I think you can go a couple of ways.
Donal will tell more tomorrow 🙈

You also wouldn’t bring a laptop with you if you were heading off to end your own life? That’s why I’ve always struggled with the suicide theory. The drain too, if you wanted to die there are plenty of more “effective” ways to do it. If someone decided they were going to drown themselves they’d jump off a bridge, they wouldn’t squeeze themselves into a storm drain. It defies reasonable belief.

The vast majority of people will Google suicide before they go through with it. Presumably the police have checked his devices and search history but there has been no disclosure of him researching suicide. An assault which resulted in him hiding in fear or an accident while he wasn’t in his right mind is far more plausible.

In that other interview she did she said he didn’t have credit on his phone.
based on her timeline he was supposed to phone by 18.30 I think. He didn’t do this so why was it only after 8 she allegedly went looking for him with a friend and then only after half 9 that she reported him missing.
I have a worry that cctv is going to show that she wasn’t actually there- I hope I am wrong but

based on her timeline he was supposed to phone by 18.30 I think. He didn’t do this so why was it only after 8 she allegedly went looking for him with a friend and then only after half 9 that she reported him missing.
I have a worry that cctv is going to show that she wasn’t actually there- I hope I am wrong but
I know what you think of Fiona and you're entitled to your opinion. Do you think you might have a bias?
Do you have a strong link to the PSNI? 🙈
I've a long memory :sneaky:
Where do you think she was? Why would she lie about her whereabouts?
"Allegedly" went looking for him. What is that grifty?
Why would a distraught parent lie about looking for their child. I'm just interested because I can't understand this type of doubt, it feels personal, you're implying criminality and I just see a mother who is a bit of a blow. There's loads of them its not a crime.

• Heart
If my teenage son was supposed to call me at 18.30 and didn’t bother, I’d barely raise an eyebrow tbh. If he hadn’t returned home by 8pm on a long, bright Summer evening would I be concerned enough to go looking for him? Probably not. It would be a couple more hours before I’d feel worried. Does that make me a bad mother?
If anything I’d say she was pretty quick off the mark getting the police involved so I wouldn’t accept that criticism of her at all. I’m also not sure why you think she wasn’t at home, we were in the middle of a hard lockdown at the time.

Reactions: 8
I think a lot of people don't understand the teenage mind, you can have a well rounded, sensible child from the age of 8-12 and then their brains start changing. Its difficult for parents and kids to adjust.

Reactions: 6