Niomi Smart #82 If all that manifestation gave you Jamie, no way I'm giving it a go

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So did she confirm that she is no longer re-engaged to Donkey?
No! She gave no details about her actual life, just did that thing where she spins being in a dark place as a “win” because it’s part of some long spiritual journey. She is truly deranged. I feel like if somebody died she’d turn it into the universe teaching her a lesson and making her realise things instead of just accepting that terrible things happen and they suck. I’d have so much more respect for her if she just said she is sad because she’s 32 and has been through more engagement breakups than most people experience in a lifetime and she has no proper job or skills and feels lost. But instead she turns it into “this is an ego death” lol

Reactions: 39
I have never, until this morning, ever heard of an “ego death”, and it’s given me the actual ick.
I initially read it as “my near death experience” because honestly, I was still half asleep and who ever says their ego has died?!
Not only is the title “My ego death experience” a pompous, and frankly ridiculous concept, the irony is staggering.
Lots of us take knocks in life, get brought down a peg or two at some point, feel embarrassed and humbled.
How can she not see that her ego is bigger than ever?! She’s depressed, but so full of self-importance that she can’t/won’t acknowledge it and instead turns it into a spiritual awakening.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I think she just likes structure. Gleam gave her structure. Yoga course was structured.

Her normal life now has no structure, her management aren't very good, don't give her big projects like Gleam did. Just sponsored posts. ( I also think being adjacent to Joe, a normal working person, gave her structure to mirror. )

Ever since Gleam, she has been a mess.

They did a study on juvenile kids in gangs, and why they joined them, they all said they liked the structure and discipline the gang gave them, that their single parent home was missing.

It also could explain why she likes all the woo woo crap, it gives her life structure, she needs to know the cycles of the moon to do her rituals.

Ps, I also think she has money problems, adding to her depression.
Yes this 100%.
Its easy to feel you're a free spirit within the confines of a cosy organisation - like being the school rebel for wearing your skirt turned up a bit short. It makes you feel important. Dim likes to think she is that person and that she is so unconventional. But she is deeply conventional. She wants to be thin and pretty and envied. She wants nice (free) things and to live in picturesque places. And she wants someone to tell her how to do it right. When she's left to her own judgement she completely flounders because she seems to have no real interests in anything other than surface level superficial appearances of things. Go to Bali - :wow I've discovered such a cute coffee shop' sums up her whole thought process.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Yes this 100%.
Its easy to feel you're a free spirit within the confines of a cosy organisation - like being the school rebel for wearing your skirt turned up a bit short. It makes you feel important. Dim likes to think she is that person and that she is so unconventional. But she is deeply conventional. She wants to be thin and pretty and envied. She wants nice (free) things and to live in picturesque places. And she wants someone to tell her how to do it right. When she's left to her own judgement she completely flounders because she seems to have no real interests in anything other than surface level superficial appearances of things. Go to Bali - :wow I've discovered such a cute coffee shop' sums up her whole thought process.
Imagine having had her opportunities and ending up like her… to be single at 32 isn’t that bad if you haven’t met “the one”. Being 32 and married to an idiot like Jaimie White is a terrifying thought to be honest lol…. i just mean that she could have achieved so many things and yet she always focused on the wrong things. Sure it’s fun to travel and be thin and blonde, but she should have started therapy when Joey broke up with her instead of just pretending to be happy and free spirited. Truly Niomi needs to get off the internet and talk to someone who can make her realize that there’s more to life than being thin and rich..

Reactions: 29
I think she just likes structure. Gleam gave her structure. Yoga course was structured.

Her normal life now has no structure, her management aren't very good, don't give her big projects like Gleam did. Just sponsored posts. ( I also think being adjacent to Joe, a normal working person, gave her structure to mirror. )
Being an influencer may sound like a dream to many - just a couple hours of "work" a week and all that free time.

But for some all that time with nothing to do could be a curse.

is anyone able to post what she’s written so I don’t have to sign up to her substack?

it does feel she’s being a bit vague about her breakup to garner attention and followers to her sub stack, if I was being cynical

Reactions: 6
is anyone able to post what she’s written so I don’t have to sign up to her substack?

it does feel she’s being a bit vague about her breakup to garner attention and followers to her sub stack, if I was being cynical
someone kindly posted it straightaway. Just scroll back a few posts. :)

Reactions: 7
Thanks for posting this.
TLDR so the gist is 'I felt very important in India and now I don't any more'.
100% she's trying to mumbo jumbo-ify her appalling decision to reconnect with Donkey.
Hear me out; in India she has a routine, everyday when she opens her eyes, she knows what she has to do for the day, her days have "purposes". Once she left, she's back to her usual life which we know has no routine, no purposes, no responsibility and not knowing what to do because there are no "needs" and "urges".

We all said in the past 2 years that although we envy the privileges and unending holiday she can have, realistically, we will be lost and depressed if we live like her. A holiday is no longer a holiday and joyful when it doesn't end. Days when I opened my eyes thinking why I'm still here, what's the purpose of life and couldn't move a step forward, I was severely depressed and needed medical treatment.

Now, what the bleeping duck is an EGO DEATH? Does it mean she's humble now? She will not delete or hide any real and honest comments? I would never believe so!

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
I'm procrastinating by reading this thread right now, but Niomi's ego death is a sign from the universe that I should go back to studying the differences between the ego concept of Freud and Hartmann for my upcoming exam. 😂 I see she's also been reading a lot of Jungian psychology lately, we have more things in common than I would have thought. 😂

1718537076194.png

https://www.britannica.com/science/ego-death

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm procrastinating by reading this thread right now, but Niomi's ego death is a sign from the universe that I should go back to studying the differences between the ego concept of Freud and Hartmann for my upcoming exam. 😂 I see she's also been reading a lot of Jungian psychology lately, we have more things in common than I would have thought. 😂

View attachment 2997554

https://www.britannica.com/science/ego-death
I doubt she's been reading Jung, more like instagram quotes and weirdo blogs using his concepts.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Hear me out; in India she has a routine, everyday when she opens her eyes, she knows what she has to do for the day, her days have "purposes". Once she left, she's back to her usual life which we know has no routine, no purposes, no responsibility and not knowing what to do because there are no "needs" and "urges".

We all said in the past 2 years that although we envy the privileges and unending holiday she can have, realistically, we will be lost and depressed if we live like her. A holiday is no longer a holiday and joyful when it doesn't end. Days when I opened my eyes thinking why I'm still here, what's the purpose of life and couldn't move a step forward, I was severely depressed and needed medical treatment.

Now, what the bleeping duck is an EGO DEATH? Does it mean she's humble now? She will not delete or hide any real and honest comments? I would never believe so!
Her idleness could easily be solved if she put her yoga teaching certification to proper use and actually teach yoga. Given her following, she would probably super booked in no time.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Okay, first of all: why is that man touching children? WHY do parents take their children to those people and those places? WHY? I'm so deeply disturbed by this. LEAVE THE CHILDREN ALONE!!!!!!!!!

Now, onto Nimbobs. Oh, Nimbobs. You're depressed. Like so many of you pointed out, this is depression. And she's been depressed for quite a while, tbh. I've never seen a person write so many words without saying nothing at all. She's completely empty, purposeless, SELF-CENTERED ("ego death" my lovely arse) and almost delusional, in a way. It's not funny to watch at all, if we truly think about it. Depression is very serious. It doesn't choose gender, social condition or status. But the truth is, she doesn't do anything to get out of it. She doesn't even acknowledge it. To put it quite bluntly, I do think she's been depressed since Joe left her. All she's done since that it's trying to fill the holes and emptiness that situation left her in. Don't want to sound harsh but I don't feel any sympathy towards her with that post - being depressed is not a choice. However, In HER situation, not doing anything about it and desperately trying to call it other things - and, as usual, being incredibly smug about it, like she's teaching other people some precious information only her access to, it is.

Reactions: 20
I think you are all spot on about her lack of structure and this contributing to how she feels. I decided to retire for a bit when we moved 2 years ago in my mid-late 30’s. My husband had a job in an area that had nowhere for me to work that I was interested in and I financially I was able to as I have us set up for the future through my work, real estate and investments. Omg…am I BORED! And I do so much more than Nimbobs. I have dealt with depression my entire life, it was certainly something I was born with. But even with steady medication, exercise, therapy…you name it to help my illness, the lack of structure and purpose was harming me, not helping, so I did something and actively work to change it. The crux of everything wrong with her is she says what she feels, but can’t identify what the hell it is or get herself to a licensed medical professional to help her figure it out. Life can be difficult but requires ACTIVE changes, ones you need to do yourself, not this passive waiting as life passes me by and I look for signs in the stars.

I also think for years her not feeding herself correctly with whatever ED or body image issues she has, has done a toll on her body and mind. We can’t leave out she is probably a mess being consumed by years of under eating and obsessing over her body. It’s funny she calls it ego death, because I actually think hiding behind a paywall and writing self indulgent nonsense feeds her ego. Some people won’t make active changes like picking up the damn phone, finding the best therapist or psychiatrist in London and making an appointment. Some would rather wallow in their own narcissism and keep those issues, because without them, what is she? She would have to find out…and that takes work, which she is obviously not willing to do in really any aspect of her life.