Niomi Smart #79 'Money, money, money' Substack honey- trap!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is a bit harsh. AI chatbots are a great aid to productivity and creativity. I use them regularly in my job to get things done faster. And why shouldn't I? I can already see that the pressure of expectations is increasing and that texts, program code, etc. have to be delivered faster than just two years ago. If you don't keep up with technological developments, you'll be left behind in the long term.
Of course, I agree with everyone who is outraged that an AI is answering her comments or writing her articles for her and that she’s charging money for it! But I don't think it's right to badmouth ChatGPT as a tool. It just has to be used correctly.
Noted and genuinely appreciate another point of view. I don’t work in tech and didn’t realise that it would be used to ease stress/pressures in that kind of working environment. My opinion came from the experience of fellow students at my uni using it for assignments, which is both frustrating and upsetting when you work hard to write everything from scratch. Coupled with someone like Nims using it to make money, I have a negatively biased perspective. Maybe judging the person I mentioned is ignorant on my part ❤
Edit: typos

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Noted and genuinely appreciate another point of view. I don’t work in tech and didn’t realise that it would be used to ease stress/pressures in that kind of working environment. My opinion came from the experience of fellow students at my uni using it for assignments, which is both frustrating and upsetting when you work hard to write everything from scratch. Coupled with someone like Nims using it to make money, I have a negatively biased perspective. Maybe judging the person I mentioned is ignorant on my part ❤
Idk, Im of the same opinion as you. I quit a job where i was supporting people to write complaint letters because the management wanted every letter written with ChatGPT and client loads to increase by more than double. Never mind that these AI generated complaint letters never yielded responses that were of any benefit to the client. Probably because the responses were generated by AI too lol. The only thing that mattered was saving time not supporting clients and to be honest that disgusted me too along with all my former colleagues who thought it was an excellent idea.

Nims potentially using AI to generate her substacks that people are paying for feels very slimy to me but then again the stuff Niomi claims to write is so vapid I can't even think of what sort of person would feel tempted to pay for it.. so maybe they deserve to be conned out of their money thinking they're actually reading Nims inner thoughts.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It's a tool, it all depends on how you use it. A fork is a great thing for example, unless you're eating Sushi with it :ROFLMAO: 😝

But can I just say... I'm always impressed how the conversations in this thread flows, we can have opposite views or opinions, obviously facts are facts and not up for debate haha but we're always manage to be so civilized with each other and that's something Niomi pretends she has in her comment section with her followers. She says how curious and open minded she is but you can't have a debate or a conversation with her, it's an immediate shut down. I know this is a gossip site and not some popularity contest for the nicest poster ever but still, I always enjoy my time here even if I get schooled or learn something new ☺

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
There's almost hints of self awareness coming through in the new rambling vlog. Still spewing so much nonsense and denial especially with the newsletter BS, but in those last minutes where she's admitting that nothing in London ties her down, she has no reason not to go to India, that she doesn't plan any of this... Also yeah wow, she looks down.

View attachment 2852452
I'm sorry, I have zero sympathy for this spoiled little rich girl. She is so self-centred and entitled, it's unreal. I guarantee she spends every waking moment thinking about/indulging/staring at herself. It's repulsive.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Her Substack is a total failure, though, and I'm not sure why she doesn't just stick to posting affiliate links.
Same. Girls gotta eat drink smoothies.
I’ll confess she does still have some influence… I bought that got2b brow gel she mentioned in one of her latest rambling YT videos 🙈
I can confirm it’s a really good brow gel 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Same. Girls gotta eat drink smoothies.
I’ll confess she does still have some influence… I bought that got2b brow gel she mentioned in one of her latest rambling YT videos 🙈
I can confirm it’s a really good brow gel 😂
That's it missy, you're outta here!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’m not completely caught up on the thread so apologies if this has been said already.. ChatGPT cannot confirm whether it did or didn’t write content! It’s a language model made to generate / transform text, and cannot be trusted to provide factual information. Even so, it wouldn’t be able to ‘remember’ what it has shared with other users. It doesn’t understand questions the way a human would.

When you ask a model a question, you’re basically (im oversimplifying) asking it to generate the most statistically likely response to your question based on all the information it has seen before. It’s going to decide whether “yes” or “no” is more statistically likely to be a response to that question, not which is the actual correct answer.

When I ask ChatGPT the same thing, I get a different response:
IMG_0056.jpeg

All based on context and the data it has at the time. I work in generative AI and get triggered when it’s taken for gospel!

That said, I do 100% believe Niomi uses GenAI to generate her texts :ROFLMAO: it’s just not for ChatGPT to confirm. She probably justifies it by making small edits and passing it for ‘original’ content.

Please carry on :geek:

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
I’m not completely caught up on the thread so apologies if this has been said already.. ChatGPT cannot confirm whether it did or didn’t write content! It’s a language model made to generate / transform text, and cannot be trusted to provide factual information. Even so, it wouldn’t be able to ‘remember’ what it has shared with other users. It doesn’t understand questions the way a human would.

When you ask a model a question, you’re basically (im oversimplifying) asking it to generate the most statistically likely response to your question based on all the information it has seen before. It’s going to decide whether “yes” or “no” is more statistically likely to be a response to that question, not which is the actual correct answer.

When I ask ChatGPT the same thing, I get a different response:
View attachment 2854043

All based on context and the data it has at the time. I work in generative AI and get triggered when it’s taken for gospel!

That said, I do 100% believe Niomi uses GenAI to generate her texts :ROFLMAO: it’s just not for ChatGPT to confirm. She probably justifies it by making small edits and passing it for ‘original’ content.

Please carry on :geek:
That's fascinating, my husband is checking this on his chat in his office, he was walking by and I got him over here to check this out. Wonder what he gets!

- Yeah we both get different responses for the same question, we asked the AI something simple and when I copied the AI's own reply into my chat, my AI couldn't confirm that it wrote it's own words, so it can give you content but can't confirm on both accounts we used. So yeah I agree that you can't get a definite answer from it but it does look like Niomi has been using it's aid.

I hope I'm not making my Chat stupid by feeding it Niomi's writing lol 😝

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
To add my 2 cents, I do run my texts through chatgpt to check if it sounds like ai - yes i have a lil paranoia in me - and, most often than not, I get answers like this:

"It is difficult to determine with certainty whether this text was generated by an artificial intelligence or written by a human, as it exhibits a coherent structure and style that could be produced by both. However, certain elements, such as the formality of language and the typical structure of a [blank blank], suggest a strong possibility that it was written by a human."

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Ok last thing I'm checking before I get thrown out of here lol, but this is embarrassing, poor Jamie

1712175035865.png

1712175124421.png

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Yel

I think she's likely to be plagiarizing / "heavily inspired" by a book she bought for those few Substack posts and AI for some replies as she can't think what to say other than thanks 😆.

It's been a week and nothing new on the substack, I bet she's wishing she never stated it as she'll piss off the few people that were foolish enough to give her their credit card.

Nims and her followers talking disagreeing with each other about the ingredients in an organic oat milk and if it contains seed oil is hilarious 😆.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Maybe try: Jamie White Dublin Knickers for Liquor… 👀
I checked right after, still nada 😝

Oh tit even Avocado chef has an entry, but I think she only wrote one cookbook unless they count her pdfs? How come Jaime is the only one that's a ghost.

1712177566843.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I've never used ChatGPT so I LICHERALLY have no idea how it works. But thank you, everyone, for explaining it.

Reactions: 13
Sorry I haven’t properly read through this thread but are we certain there isn’t a reunion happening right now?! Imagine Niomi landing in India “I’m a strong and independent woman on a right path” only to be met by Jamie White and his infamous “Can I challenge you on that?!” 😅 I don’t follow either of them on Instagram but check their Instagram every now and again but it seems as if they were both so active on their social these past months and now radio silence on both channels?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Sorry I haven’t properly read through this thread but are we certain there isn’t a reunion happening right now?! Imagine Niomi landing in India “I’m a strong and independent woman on a right path” only to be met by Jamie White and his infamous “Can I challenge you on that?!” 😅 I don’t follow either of them on Instagram but check their Instagram every now and again but it seems as if they were both so active on their social these past months and now radio silence on both channels?!
They both stopped posting about a week ago. Before that he was posting non stop! OMG imagine if he pops up on her stories again! 😄

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
I've never used ChatGPT so I LICHERALLY have no idea how it works. But thank you, everyone, for explaining it.
I am a professional writer / my career is in writing and sourcing so I do not trust ChatGPT at aalllll
I read in Private Eye that it keeps everything we write to it so that worries me in itself

I will not go near it no sire no thank you

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.