Niomi Smart #7 by her Royal decree, Joey is free

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if Covid hadn’t happened they’d still be together? They’d still be India right because that wasn’t a short term thing? Would he of called it off over there when he only really had her and when she’d made a massive sacrifice for him moving over there 🤷🏼‍♀️ Or would it of just prolonged things and they’d of still eventually broke up. Obviously we’ll never know but it’s funny how things work out!
This so interesting to consider isn't it. It is like that movie, 'Sliding Doors' with Gwyneth Paltrow. I remember in one of the lockdown vlogs they were wedding planning and she was saying it was stressful and Joe said, let's call it a beautiful journey. There seemed to be bit of tension.

I feel for Joe losing his dream job, so I hope he finds a new job soon.

Reactions: 9
I think it looks ok but too expensive to take a punt on. For the price point the packaging is quite boots esque and not luxe enough. She really needed a sales video or some positive reviews online.

Space NK has £15 off £60 at the moment and that’s with tried and tested products.

edited to say - I think it really looks like Oliver Bonas Hand cream

431FBE7F-B011-4A07-A568-8BA952EEDFD7.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Is it me or is the photography for the skincare range 'off'? The first post of the skincare range on the Smart Skin insta page is half in and out of focus ( this may have been intentional) - but the image is off center/slightly wonky & there is some random white thing in The RHS? It seems very very amateur to me - which of course is fine - but NOT when charging non-amateur prices for it...

Reactions: 12
Smart Skin is live guys! Is it just me or does the packaging remind you of old school Crabtree & Evelyn?

Looks like Cath Kidston hand creams.

Why isn’t she talking about these products in depth? Why is one Instagram post and a video of her up at 7am deemed enough? She’s basically telling her fans to go and find their own way to the website and learn about the products on their own. Not even a swipe up link to the website. Poor and lazy launch.

Reactions: 24
I think the products look nice but very heavy and anti-ageing for her target audience. The oil looks lovely but not great for combination skin (I wouldn’t buy as I think they’d break me out after a few days continuous use) with no real signs of ageing which is surely what a lot of her audience has.

Reactions: 3
Is it me or is the photography for the skincare range 'off'? The first post of the skincare range on the Smart Skin insta page is half in and out of focus ( this may have been intentional) - but the image is off center/slightly wonky & there is some random white thing in The RHS? It seems very very amateur to me - which of course is fine - but NOT when charging non-amateur prices for it...
Yes I agree. It’s all a bit “off” for me, the photography, the launch, the whole thing. I have a bit of second hand embarrassment for her. I’m going to wait to see how it is all received and then going to quit Niomi altogether. I just don’t vibe her at all anymore, not even to gossip about

Reactions: 14
I don’t know much about skincare. As 5 products to choose they seem fine, I’d have included an eye cream.
Agree, and I don’t want to entirely discount the products just because of some amateur ingredient analysis on my part.

I do think it’s somewhat unlikely for the products to be a game changer for anyone. Like a few months down the line someone saying “guys, this product from smart skin is what really changed my skin” - what are the odds of that. Anyway only time will tell.

Reactions: 8
It's a small range but I can understand why she didn't release a bunch of different items, personally I'm not even sure these will be a big hit to begin with. I'm interested in the cleanser and maybe the oil but I am definitely not prioritising spending that much money just to satisfy my curiosity. It's quite pricey so I hope the products will be actually well made. Price range seems to be similar to Origins.

Reactions: 7
Looks like Cath Kidston hand creams.

Why isn’t she talking about these products in depth? Why is one Instagram post and a video of her up at 7am deemed enough? She’s basically telling her fans to go and find their own way to the website and learn about the products on their own. Not even a swipe up link to the website. Poor and lazy launch.
OMG, it looks like those hand creams that is made in China and you got from office secret santa.
I think the design reminds me of India, of how they use colour and geometry. Maybe she designed it or the concept was formed when they were in India

She needs to fire the marketing team. Free shipping if you buy more than £60 - essentially, you are forced to buy at least 2-3 products before you can get free shipping. For a brand that just launched their range, wouldn't you want to gain some traction by offering free shipping so people can invest in a small amount and decide later on if they like it

Reactions: 18
So the horrible orange goop was the cleanser? And it’s all like £25-30 when you can buy Liz Earle for that? 😐

Reactions: 12
OMG, it looks like those hand creams that is made in China and you got from office secret santa.
I think the design reminds me of India, of how they use colour and geometry. Maybe she designed it or the concept was formed when they were in India

She needs to fire the marketing team. Free shipping if you buy more than £60 - essentially, you are forced to buy at least 2-3 products before you can get free shipping. For a brand that just launched their range, wouldn't you want to gain some traction by offering free shipping so people can invest in a small amount and decide later on if they like it
In her insta stories when she says 'made in the UK' she closes her eyes. You can declare something as made in the UK if it's basically just boxed up in the country, so I wonder if the actual product comes from somewhere else?

£24 for some jelly?! I'm out of touch!

Edit: the website says nothing about being made in the UK and the products still use palm oil. Because profit...

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
In her insta stories when she says 'made in the UK' she closes her eyes. You can declare something as made in the UK if it's basically just boxed up in the country, so I wonder if the actual product comes from somewhere else?

Hope Caroline gangster do a review

Reactions: 9
£25-30? That's the cost of my entire order from The Ordinary which lasts me six months or so. I see no reason to buy her skincare.

Reactions: 25
Lol I was trying to wipe the right side of my screen because I thought something was on it!

Both the photography and graphics are VERY amateur.

Reactions: 5

Edit: the website says nothing about being made in the UK and the products still use palm oil. Because profit...
Yes so right on with the eye closing....definitely not 'made' in the UK.

Reactions: 5
On her website FAQs she says this:

Where are Smart Skin products made?
All Smart Skin formulas are made in the UK, using COSMOS certified, ethical and responsible factories

I also don’t like the packaging, from afar it looked quite pretty like maybe a floral pattern but up close I wouldn’t want it on my bathroom shelves tbh. It looks like something you’d find in a cheap Christmas gift set in Boots, quite surprised she’s gone for such bright colours and patterns

Reactions: 7
Slightly OT since today is all about her big launch, lol, but listen to this, from 18:37 on (just a minute or two), it's spot on Niomi!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.