Niomi Smart #7 by her Royal decree, Joey is free

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Regardless how boring she is on her platforms, she definitely is popular on here, already on #7!! 🥳

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She probably thinks that as long as she chugs those super-food-whatever-powder smoothies, her immune system will take care of the rest. Or maybe she'll just "manifest" good health through positivity. :rolleyes:
... and she doesn't think about other people!

Reactions: 4
Isn’t it weird they she hasn’t even announced what she’s releasing yet? I’ve seen a lot of YouTubers launches and they usually give a few days for the word to get out.

It’s a little presumptuous to just assume everyone will buy whatever it is you’re selling without them having a clue what it even is. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6
She needs to fire her graphic designer. The text posts on smart skin instagram, with white text on pastel background are hardly readable and would not pass any accessibility test. And that's the blandest logo in the entire world.
Agreed. I’m a designer and her designs are bleeping dreadful. I’d be embarrassed if that was my work.

I don’t believe she’s hired a graphic designer. Is she doing it herself? Has she hired Daisy May?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I haven't really contributed much to this thread. I do agree with most of the speculation but I'm not sure I've heard this point. Does anyone else think Niomi just wasn't cool enough for Joe?
I actually do think this is partially true. I think Joe is like Niomi outwardly/with family/at work, but is a little wilder/fun in private. I feel like he wants a girl who can be the Niomi image for family and optics, but then who can get wild in private. the girl who can wear a buttoned up sweater to dinner with his parents, but then they go out for drinks after & she has a slutty top under that sweater & gets hammered & bones him til dawn. there are absolutely girls like this, and maybe Niomi was going out more & drinking more/staying out late & being more spontaneous/fun at first, but then she settled back into the quieter lifestyle she prefers. and she probably slowly started trying to convert him to her lifestyle & nagging him for staying out late, just like we saw her nagging him to get out of bed at 7am on a holiday weekend (which surely she didnt do at the very beginning), and he realized this was the ACTUAL her & he didnt want it.

something that validates this to me is the day he returned from India & didn't go home at all til after work + staying out late drinking. he probably wanted to go out drink and stay out to celebrate being back, but knew Niomi would feed him some slop & want to be in bed by 8:30pm. if she was down for the spontaneous fun my guess is he would have invited her out. the fact that he didn't makes me think he had tried to invite her out to things like that enough times to know she wouldn't go OR she would arrive & then try to get him to leave way earlier than he wanted to. it seems like Niomi was a major buzzkill & he finally got fed up.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Do you guys have recommendations for influencers/youtubers who are in their late 20s/early 30s and single? I feel like I can relate to them more. In a weird way to niomi even more. I'm interested in fitness, healthy eating, fashion, makeup, etc

Reactions: 7
Do you guys have recommendations for influencers/youtubers who are in their late 20s/early 30s and single? I feel like I can relate to them more. In a weird way to niomi even more. I'm interested in fitness, healthy eating, fashion, makeup, etc

I really like Sanne Vloet,she's a Dutch model and she's really into into healthy eating,fashion etc.She is a real sweetheart and not at all annoying like most youtubers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
bestdressed (Ashley) is one of the absolute best people to follow for young single women i think. think POLAR OPPOSITE of Niomi in terms of like she spills all the beans about how she is feeling, she has absolutely NO pretense, she is a stylish babe, funny, etc. her content is moreso fashion & then vlogs/lifestyle, but I guarantee you will enjoy it. her latest vid is a perfect example of how much she does NOT sugar coat her life. she usually make little cynical jokes and her content is uaually moreso funny than serious like that latest vid, but its so nice that she makes those raw vids occasionally.

Reactions: 10
***WATCH*** Niomi's old video 'Huge Life Update and Q&A (March 8 2018)'

Niomi just moved in with Joe.

It's chock full of interesting bits!

She is very chatty and actually open about how much of a perfectionist she is and how she built a 'perfect being' of herself in her videos.

And also even though everything is just wonderful and she doesn't really have any reason to feel down she is feeling 'off' and the reason is likely "hormonal".

I wonder if that's when the cracks in relationship started. It was during Vlogmas 2018 that Joe went straight to the Office after he returned from the India trip.

Also, it's this video that she first mentions that she is working on 'something big' for the future which now we know as Smart Skin.

Niomi also mentions that Joe was born in Australia! And that they initially spoke about moving abroad but it made more sense to stay in Londue since he has a stable job whereas she can work anywhere. It's interesting as she seems gutted that her dream to live in Australia will be postponed for about 2 years. Seems she put him first as far as back then.....

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Isn’t it weird they she hasn’t even announced what she’s releasing yet? I’ve seen a lot of YouTubers launches and they usually give a few days for the word to get out.

It’s a little presumptuous to just assume everyone will buy whatever it is you’re selling without them having a clue what it even is. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Reminds me of Lydia Millen's launch. Where she mentioned absolutely nothing about what products she was lauching until the day of. Course, detective tattlers had spotted the mitts in the background of videos.

bestdressed (Ashley) is one of the absolute best people to follow for young single women i think. think POLAR OPPOSITE of Niomi in terms of like she spills all the beans about how she is feeling, she has absolutely NO pretense, she is a stylish babe, funny, etc. her content is moreso fashion & then vlogs/lifestyle, but I guarantee you will enjoy it. her latest vid is a perfect example of how much she does NOT sugar coat her life. she usually make little cynical jokes and her content is uaually moreso funny than serious like that latest vid, but its so nice that she makes those raw vids occasionally.
I like both Ashley and Sanne Vloet too, but they're both a little young. And Sanne has already been living with her bf for several years. I like that Niomi is single now because she's only a year younger than me and not married & doing home renovation vlogs all the time/a mommy blogger yet. I wish there were more vloggers like that in late 20's/early 30's like OP mentioned...

She is very chatty and actually open about how much of a perfectionist she is and how she built a 'perfect being' of herself in her videos.

And also even though everything is just wonderful and she doesn't really have any reason to feel down she is feeling 'off' and the reason is likely "hormonal".

I wonder if that's when the cracks in relationship started. It was during Vlogmas 2018 that Joe went straight to the Office after he returned from the India trip.

Also, it's this video that she first mentions that she is working on 'something big' for the future which now we know as Smart Skin.

Niomi also mentions that Joe was born in Australia! And that they initially spoke about moving abroad but it made more sense to stay in Londue since he has a stable job whereas she can work anywhere. It's interesting as she seems gutted that her dream to live in Australia will be postponed for about 2 years. Seems she put him first as far as back then.....
That's interesting! That she didn't even consider moving because of Joe's job in London, but then he didn't consider her job (even though technically it was a boost for her) when wanting to move to India. Good sleuthing ;) I do think she seemed more subdued while dating, or at least living with, Joe. Like she was trying to morph into this posh middle-aged mummy (Fashion Mumblr anyone?) without realizing that the person Joe originally fell in love with (most likely) was her less-posh, single/fun-loving self... It's a shame because it's so obvious from the outside that she didn't really have to change herself. Maybe just the food obsession stuff... but honestly a few sessions of couples' therapy probably would have figured this out. I'm still just surprised an engagement could end so abruptly without them considering something like that that we're aware of (why do I have a feeling they wouldn't "do" therapy?) Just makes them both look immature or something..

But honestly I think Niomi does have a little more of a "sparkle" again... maybe it is put on but maybe trying to change herself for Joe (even though it was screwed up) was dimming her shine.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Reminds me of Lydia Millen's launch. Where she mentioned absolutely nothing about what products she was lauching until the day of. Course, detective tattlers had spotted the mitts in the background of videos.
Oh gosh Lydia’s launch was an A++++++ failure!!! I think that’ll go down in history as one of the worst influencer launches of all time 😂

Tomorrow the new Pat McGrath Holiday collection drops so that’s getting my beauty coin this week. Sorry nimbobs 🤗

• Heart
I've made a few things from her book in the past and they were fine. Nothing life changing. But a lot of the ingredients were obscure gluten/dairy alternatives that I didn't have/couldn't find easily at the store and so I would just google some similar recipe online lol. I do think Eat Smart was kind of the height of her success and she hasn't really achieved anything else since then.
Yeah that's what I hate about books like that - unless you are as health conscious/have as much time as Niomi the ingredients can be a struggle. Oh well it was only £2 so will give it a go!

Reactions: 3

If she has really wanted to go to Australia she could have gone. My step cousin went to Australia and New Zealand for 18 months just as she started dating her now husband. I'm not saying it wouldn't have been hard on them but she chose not to go.

Whilst I think Joe has had a privileged life I can imagine that he might feel he needs to prove himself to his colleagues that he didn't get his job because of who his father is.

Going to Australia for an extended period might not have felt like a an option to Joe. The move to India I think would have been good for both of their careers. Niomi's content seems to be rich white girl goes to the most expensive places in London for vegan food and then does.some yoga. In India she could have learnt the history of yoga and been trained to teach it. India would have really made her content different and unusual. She could have also taken a number of trips holidays to Australia as she was that much closer.

Reactions: 5
I wonder if Covid hadn’t happened they’d still be together? They’d still be India right because that wasn’t a short term thing? Would he of called it off over there when he only really had her and when she’d made a massive sacrifice for him moving over there 🤷🏼‍♀️ Or would it of just prolonged things and they’d of still eventually broke up. Obviously we’ll never know but it’s funny how things work out!

Reactions: 17
Smart Skin is live guys! Is it just me or does the packaging remind you of old school Crabtree & Evelyn?

Reactions: 25
I’m a bit underwhelmed... 😕
Smart Skin is live guys! Is it just me or does the packaging remind you of old school Crabtree & Evelyn?
The C&E was nicer. I thought her design would be more like The Ordinary although I suppose she couldn’t rip it off too much. I don’t like the design it reminds me of her Boots range, it’s not good enough to match the price point.

Reactions: 14
I had a cursory look at two of the products. The meta mask seems to have good and minimal ingredients.

overall it seems.. fine. Meh

Edit: oh sorry, it’s not a vitamin C moisturiser! I deleted that part of my comment. I got confused coz of the C in the name. My bad! It still seems to have a lot of unnecessary ingredients for a moisturiser though.

Also I find it a bit strange how they have such diverse women as muses, with presumably different skin types and concerns, but when they release the products now suddenly it’s “this will work for everyone”. Maybe it will idk 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
I had a cursory look at two of the products. The meta mask seems to have good and minimal ingredients. I can’t see the vitamin C in the ingredient list in the vitamin C mask 🤷‍♀️ (Is it because it’s some patented formula?)

overall it seems.. fine. Meh
I don’t know much about skincare. As 5 products to choose they seem fine, I’d have included an eye cream.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.