Niomi Smart #7 by her Royal decree, Joey is free

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Go out, fine, but they should be distancing!!! Even if you have another family in your home (now banned in Scotland but not in England) you're meant to keep your distance.
yrh but that wouldn't make a good foto would it 🙄 i havent bern this close to anyone but ny live in partner since march!

Reactions: 13
She’s so obsessed with portraying the perfect image, you’d think she’d be posing in her face mask, “look at how good I’m being, how thoughtful” etc. But no. I haven’t seen her in a mask once, have you?
The last time I saw her with a mask was when she first went back to Sussex and was on a train to London I think? Not since then. So what, a month ago? 😕
Is Charlotte her friend who’s a nurse as well?!
Yep 😬

• Angry
Reactions: 10
The last time I saw her with a mask was when she first went back to Sussex and was on a train to London I think? Not since then. So what, a month ago? 😕

Yep 😬

The dope probably doesn't want to risk getting "Maskne" in the run up to her crappy SmArT sKiN (vom) LaUnCh

God forbid she had a spot or ten like a normal woman for tomorrows big day :rolleyes:

I actually can't wait to see how tit it is

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I haven't really contributed much to this thread. I do agree with most of the speculation but I'm not sure I've heard this point. Does anyone else think Niomi just wasn't cool enough for Joe?

Reactions: 18
The dope probably doesn't want to risk getting "Maskne" in the run up to her crappy SmArT sKiN (vom) LaUnCh

God forbid she had a spot or ten like a normal woman for tomorrows big day :rolleyes:

I actually can't wait to see how tit it is
I'm interested to see where it ends up being sold, are they going for something cheap or more high end? I assume cheap and something she would never herself use. I remember before the ad regulations came in and seeing a video of her using Simple products (nothing wrong with them, but if I had lots of money not what I'd use)

Reactions: 8
I haven't really contributed much to this thread. I do agree with most of the speculation but I'm not sure I've heard this point. Does anyone else think Niomi just wasn't cool enough for Joe?
Never got this feeling, no. Joe isn't a 'cool guy' in the edgy, striking sense either. He's attractive and charming maybe but I don't think if I saw him on the street I'd think him particularly cool. He seems like a pretty normal, simple guy to me so I don't know if he would be looking for a specifically cool girl to match him. Their temperaments were seemingly alike and some early footage shows they had nice chemistry; and I still think any guy in that kind of circle would be proud to call Niomi their girlfriend around their friends and family. She's a nutcase but a pretty and well-mannered one.

My money is still on the "push came to shove and he realised he couldn't spend his life with more feel new tea" scenario.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Oh man I cannot wait for this launch 😂 I’m taking bets now. Do you guys think it’ll prove the majority wrong and be a smashing success? Or will it magically sell out within 2 days like globy?

Reactions: 5
It's SO weird that there's not one picture of her with a mask on Instagram or barely in videos. And barely even mentions like COVID in general just vague references to the "lock down". It also annoyed me that in quarantine she would be like, here are some ideas of things to do! Like um the majority of people still have to work... they can't just bum out on their parents' estate for 6 months.

Also re: being cool... I think Niomi was less cool than Joe in that she was so enamoured with him she couldn't really play it cool with him. Like I get the vibe she got clingy and desperate at the end when he was pulling away and that made it worse. Also she used to have a more "sexy" vibe and I don't think she does at all now. Joe I think does moreso and honestly probably liked beach blonde, make-up wearing Niomi...

And then also agreed on wondering what the price range is for SmartSkin. Who is the target audience? What kind of products will there be? People can't get hyped about something if all they see are close ups of wheat....

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Oh man I cannot wait for this launch 😂 I’m taking bets now. Do you guys think it’ll prove the majority wrong and be a smashing success? Or will it magically sell out within 2 days like globy?
That's all relative though isn't it? Niomi could have only ordered 20 units of each product for all we know and when her minions snap it up, she will gleefully claim that 'everything has sold out!' making things seem better than they actually are. That would, of course, be vastly different if someone was waiting to sell 10,000 units of a product.

Removing my negative POV of Niomi and speaking as an impartial 3rd party, I just find it difficult to see how her line will succeed. I agree with all the other users above that this is an incredibly saturated market and I'm already sick to death of seeing celebs/influencers crapping out a different beauty product every other week. Not to mention, Smart Skin's marketing so far has been unbelievably bland, I just don't see the appeal or the pull.

Edit: Oh and I'm not sure if I'm imagining things or if she changed her caption but wasn't her original caption in her latest insta post something about how she's been religiously using Smart Skin and how she also recently got a facial from somewhere and that's why her face is still glowing?
Again, she's marketing her products in the strangest and most ineffective ways. Why should I believe that her 'glow' is from her products? It could easily be from that facial.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
She needs to fire her graphic designer. The text posts on smart skin instagram, with white text on pastel background are hardly readable and would not pass any accessibility test. And that's the blandest logo in the entire world.

Agree with everyone, how can people get hyped about this? What even is it?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Edit: Oh and I'm not sure if I'm imagining things or if she changed her caption but wasn't her original caption in her latest insta post something about how she's been religiously using Smart Skin and she also recently got a facial from somewhere and that's why her face is still glowing? Again, she's marketing her products in the strangest and most ineffective ways. Why should I believe that her 'glow' is from her products? It could easily be from that facial.
I was just about to say this before you edited to add it - she definitely said she’d had a facial! And despite all that her skin still isn’t in a state that I would aspire to I’m afraid.
she’s days from the launch and we know barely anything about these products - what it even is, the price range, the target market, nothing. Ok great it’s vegan, so is The Ordinary which is really inexpensive and comes on next day ASOS delivery, so what’s the USP? I just don’t know who she thinks will buy this other than die hard fans of hers which surely isn’t a sustainable business model?
[e] interestingly I’ve just noticed she doesn’t say that it’s cruelty free, whereas The Ordinary state their products are both CF and vegan. So is it going to be ‘vegan/sustainable/natural’ and tested on animals?

Reactions: 7
does anyone else think gleam bought her some followers? i swear before the whole break up fiasco she was on like 5k and now she on 11k! i cant believe the break up got THAT much attention that so many people started to follow it

Reactions: 8
What, you mean the ones where you pretend we’re not in the middle of a fast approaching second wave of Covid?

REDUCE YOUR SOCIAL CONTACTS YOU ABSOLUTE MORON!

Such a good role model for the younger generation. Sure why not go out and see your friends?! duck that tiny little virus. Nimbobs, the Kate Middleton wannabe is invincible.
Yeah and Charlotte will go on to interact with colleagues and patients. Lovely.

Well I suppose Joe wasn't exactly cool himself. Apart from a nice face nothing else stands out.

Reactions: 11
It’s completely baffling for her not to do a video tonight if the products launch tomorrow! What is she even selling at this point

Reactions: 11
I just bought her book in a charity shop. I saw some people here saying it's actually good. I made her gnocchi with tomatoes once and it was just okay. Will keep you guys updated!

Reactions: 12
I reckon her Sunday video will be introducing the products from her range. Boring.

Reactions: 9
That's all relative though isn't it? Niomi could have only ordered 20 units of each product for all we know and when her minions snap it up, she will gleefully claim that 'everything has sold out!' making things seem better than they actually are. That would, of course, be vastly different if someone was waiting to sell 10,000 units of a product.

Removing my negative POV of Niomi and speaking as an impartial 3rd party, I just find it difficult to see how her line will succeed. I agree with all the other users above that this is an incredibly saturated market and I'm already sick to death of seeing celebs/influencers crapping out a different beauty product every other week. Not to mention, Smart Skin's marketing so far has been unbelievably bland, I just don't see the appeal or the pull.

Edit: Oh and I'm not sure if I'm imagining things or if she changed her caption but wasn't her original caption in her latest insta post something about how she's been religiously using Smart Skin and how she also recently got a facial from somewhere and that's why her face is still glowing?
Again, she's marketing her products in the strangest and most ineffective ways. Why should I believe that her 'glow' is from her products? It could easily be from that facial.
Totally agree, it does depend on how much of it she’s pre ordered etc. I just meant similarities in terms of a trainwreck of a launch lol
And yes you’re right, she did mention somewhere that she’d had a facial! It’s really common sense to not attribute how your skin looks to anything else when you’re launching a skincare brand, but she’s been shilling other skincare and taking about facials. I mean???

I reckon her Sunday video will be introducing the products from her range. Boring.
Maybe we’ll get to see what that weird orange jelly goop is actually supposed to do 🙃

• Haha
I just bought her book in a charity shop. I saw some people here saying it's actually good. I made her gnocchi with tomatoes once and it was just okay. Will keep you guys updated!
I've made a few things from her book in the past and they were fine. Nothing life changing. But a lot of the ingredients were obscure gluten/dairy alternatives that I didn't have/couldn't find easily at the store and so I would just google some similar recipe online lol. I do think Eat Smart was kind of the height of her success and she hasn't really achieved anything else since then.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.