Niomi Smart #6 it’s smoothie bowl weather but they’re not together, feel new tea was the end of Joe’s tether

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just catching up on her new video. The bit where she addresses the breakup is SO forced and contrived! I don’t know how Joe handled the breakup but it’s a bit bizarre to say “you were on the wrong path” when in the same breath you were calling the last 4 years together “magical”.
This is clearly heartbreaking and there is no way you’d get over a 4 year relationship in less than a month of “healing”. Just be honest and admit it’s been tit and you’re still working through it. So tired of her putting on this false feel-good persona. She really is a robot.

Reactions: 25
So she's finally confirmed it! To me this gave vibes of Joe suddenly realising he didn't wanna married to her and decide to call it off. Maybe the asking her friend to be maid of honour made it seem all too real. Mind you to go from niomi saying lockdown had made their relationship stronger to a sudden break up must be so hard
This was probably the last straw. It was getting too real and weird. What kind of person makes a big spectacle out of asking their best friend to be MOH? Why do they do this? It's as cringey as those gender reveal parties.

Reactions: 16
Thread title suggestion: 'time is a healer', she's 'going with the flow', 'on the right path' now, who's dreamy Joe?!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
That just shows she had no idea he would go to the lengths of calling off a wedding..probably she thought all this public display would force him to reconsider.

Reactions: 10
Did someone a while ago say they gave up sugar due to illness and their body adapted to eating bland foods which became delicious or something?
Taste buds do change and very quickly.
I gave up sugar years ago when I went keto, I am now a carnivore, and within a week everything I was eating taste amazing (I must say keto is very tasty and the best for satiety) anyway...after a week I tried a coke zero and it was disgustingly sweet and the same happened with other foods I tried reintroducing but honestly felt better without them so gave that up.
She’s used to eating crappy vegan food and bland low calorie foods which is why she finds them delicious. She could easily reverse out of her horrible diet and eat more tasty and nutritious food but sadly she has issues so that won’t be happening any time soon.

Reactions: 7
This was probably the last straw. It was getting too real and weird. What kind of person makes a big spectacle out of asking their best friend to be MOH? Why do they do this? It's as cringey as those gender reveal parties.
True, is this a British thing? Do other influencers do it? We have seen Charlotte in her videos time and again so maybe she was getting us involved in her life.

That just shows she had no idea he would go to the lengths of calling off a wedding..probably she thought all this public display would force him to reconsider.
Tbh I can imagine her telling him, "Joeyyyy, it's just cold feet. Have some feel new tea, be quiet, and look dreamy."

Last edited:
I don’t think I’d have referred to a recently ended relationship as ‘magical’. I think she could have toned that down a bit and just said she’d thought it felt right but in hindsight it didn’t. Makes me think she is perhaps holding out for a reconciliation which, to be fair, is understandable for so recent a break-up and all part of the grief process.
I think she will say more about how difficult it is in the future when she’s less in the eye of the storm. Perhaps when she’s moved on and dating again. I’m not sure we’ll get gory details out of respect for Joe’s privacy but I think she’ll eventually open up about how tough it has been.

Reactions: 23
I wondered, having watched the recent video, if Joe viewed India being cut short as a blessing in disguise as realised they were on the wrong 'path'. He must have been so sad to lose his dream job and reality of lockdown and being with his partner 24/7 shook up him up. Covid has impacted us all in different ways. I do think Joe was brave to end it. I don't think he led her on, I think it was what he wanted but losing India, lockdown and seeing how his partner was without distractions opened his eyes.

I wondered too what wording he used when ending it? as seems to have had an impact. Maybe, the ' we want different things'. I reckon he will end up going overseas again.

Did someone a while ago say they gave up sugar due to illness and their body adapted to eating bland foods which became delicious or something?
Sugar is an overpowering flavour and when you cut it out of your diet you start to taste the actual flavours and natural sweetness in food. Then when you taste sugary processed food again, the sweetness is too much. For example all I can taste in Dairy Milk chocolate is sugar and fat because I’m used to very high percentage dark chocolate now. I can taste the natural sugars in plain yoghurt now and sweetened yoghurts make me gag.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Sugar is an overpowering flavour and when you cut it out of your diet you start to taste the actual flavours and natural sweetness in food. Then when you taste sugary processed food again, the sweetness is too much. For example all I can taste in Dairy Milk chocolate is sugar and fat because I’m used to very high percentage dark chocolate now. I can taste the natural sugars in plain yoghurt now and sweetened yoghurts make me gag.
I relate to the chocolate part. I switched to dark chocolate and have completely gone off milk chocolate now, tastes too sweet to me. Thanks for the explanation, I just wanted to know if there was some science to it or not!

Taste buds do change and very quickly.
I gave up sugar years ago when I went keto, I am now a carnivore, and within a week everything I was eating taste amazing (I must say keto is very tasty and the best for satiety) anyway...after a week I tried a coke zero and it was disgustingly sweet and the same happened with other foods I tried reintroducing but honestly felt better without them so gave that up.
She’s used to eating crappy vegan food and bland low calorie foods which is why she finds them delicious. She could easily reverse out of her horrible diet and eat more tasty and nutritious food but sadly she has issues so that won’t be happening any time soon.
Ah, thanks for the info. Interesting! I do feel that when I am hungry/it's the only option veg is more enticing to me so could be something in not having junk food as a choice.

I think Niomi's diet is probably just habit at this point, even though she's been cutting the carbs a bit. She doesn't seem aware that it is disordered.

Reactions: 3
Also when she says all you need is time. Yes, but it is usually months, not weeks. It took me a year to get over my ex.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
I've said this before, but I think she's dealing with it so well because she has supportive friends and family, her own career, and her own money. Who wouldn't be excited to move into a new flat in London? She has SO much to look forward to.

This is why it's important to never rely on a man - especially financially. My dad always told me to never rely on a man and to have my own source of income because if you break up, you're able to support yourself.

If I had her life, I'd be positive too!
Exactly!

Reactions: 2
Also when she says all you need is time. Yes, but it is usually months, not weeks. It took me a year to get over my ex.
100% this! It took me at least a year (probably more likely two) to get over my ex. I certainly wouldn't be fine after just a few weeks. She should just admit she's struggling and things are hard. People would relate to that a lot more than what she said in her video.

• Heart
Also can people stop the eating disorder watch. I find it so intrusive and odd. It also spreads the narrative that only those who are skinny have eating disorders which is beyond the truth. Eating disorders come in all forms. That's why a lot of 'curvier' woman who struggle with it go unnoticed or untreated because people don't take them seriously. If you think avoiding bread is an eating disorder you have a lot to learn. I don't think she would be able to live the life she does if she had one. Anyone who has experienced one or known anyone with one, know how complicated that illness is and 'clean' eating can be an escape but it's common for posho's to be obsessed with organic clean eating. Anyone i know who is posh is exactly like that, live in Bristol or Fulham for a week and your eyes will be opened.
Nobody here has suggested that only smaller people can have EDs. With all due respect, people have opened up about EDs on this thread and none of us appear to have photos of our bodies. There's a fair bit of assuming going on here.

• Heart
100% this! It took me at least a year (probably more likely two) to get over my ex. I certainly wouldn't be fine after just a few weeks. She should just admit she's struggling and things are hard. People would relate to that a lot more than what she said in her video.
Niomi would never admit that she is struggling, everything is always perfect. It's always the best time of her life. But you can see from everything that she is struggling: she has lost weight, her eyes are puffy and red all the time, she has bad skin and looks dead in the eyes. The statement about the breakup had many cuts in two minutes, it was a statement probably written by someone else. It will take a long time to get over this, realise how many trust issues she will have now after her dad left her and her fiance.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I just watched the video and did nobody else think the girl looked broken when addressing the breakup. She might be able to put on a posh voice and spout positivity but her eyes looked glazed like she was going to cry at any second and she just looked very hurt

Reactions: 22
Just curious. Do she need to return the ring? Or Can she keep it? I’m not from UK. Don’t know about the culture or custom.

Just curious. Do she need to return the ring? Or Can she keep it? I’m not from UK. Don’t know about the culture or custom.
Legally speaking engagement rings are considered a gift so don’t have to be returned. I think the general custom is if she left him she returns it and if he left her she keeps it though.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.