Niomi Smart #6 it’s smoothie bowl weather but they’re not together, feel new tea was the end of Joe’s tether

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ehh, this makes me uncomfy, there's an entitledness here I don't think is justified. I get she has capitalised off of her relationship, but that's what influencers do, they capitalise off of the more "interesting" parts of their life. I don't think this means that she is somehow morally obliged to tell people when she goes through a breakup etc, I mean, come on now. Going through a breakup is really bleeping hard, the last thing she needs right now, regardless what you think of her, is a load of teenagers on her Instagram becoming involved and sharing their opinions.

With any YouTuber / IG influencer, I do think there has to be a certain acceptance that they can share whatever they want to share. I'm happy to hear if you feel very strongly otherwise, but I'm interested where you say that because people have 'bought into' her life, they are owed an explanation. If watching ads on someones video and liking their IG posts suddenly means you've bought into their life and now must be entitled to their personal woes, then I guess I'm wrong?

Genuinely not picking a fight, just really taken aback by this and interested in sharing thoughts.
I agree. It is obviously frustrating, I’d love the tea as much as anyone. But we all say she should learn to keep relationship stuff private etc and now she is trying to, people think she’s somehow obligated to tell us what’s happened. She can’t win in that respect.
That being said, if she wants to keep it private she should stop with all the baity content stoking people’s interest and just put a simple statement out saying they’ve split and she doesn’t want to talk about it. So I do understand why people feel like they should get an answer tbh.

Reactions: 16
I feel for her, I really do I'd be so depressed if I was in her shoes and I believe she is genuinely upset and crying. It's insanely cringey to post this stuff on social media though, it's something I'd expect from a teenager who's dying for attention. She needs a social media break
niomi has friends and family to wipe away her tears,
niomi had duck all interest in her followers before joe binned her off, but now she can reply to every single one 🙂
these vulnerable posts are scattered between sponsored posts and posts about her own product line, so this is her business account or her private account?
is she looking for friends or is she looking for sales.
she hasn’t told her followers what’s happened in her private life, they don’t deserve that, but they are welcome to chats about her periods and selfies of her crying...

it’s so bizarre and at the same time brilliant, let them think you’re their “friend” as they enter that credit card number at checkout.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I agree. It is obviously frustrating, I’d love the tea as much as anyone. But we all say she should learn to keep relationship stuff private etc and now she is trying to, people think she’s somehow obligated to tell us what’s happened. She can’t win in that respect.
That being said, if she wants to keep it private she should stop with all the baity content stoking people’s interest and just put a simple statement out saying they’ve split and she doesn’t want to talk about it. So I do understand why people feel like they should get an answer tbh.
Yeah I understand that she is hinting to it etc, which is one argument against her I can side with. I guess ultimately though, only people paying attention etc. really read between the lines. I follow her on socials, and only found out about all this today because I got the chance to log on here for the first time in a while and saw it all. Otherwise, I would genuinely have no idea and neither did my old school YouTuber obsessed friend who also follows her. Joe is so boring it's not easy to spot he's gone unless you're looking haha, bless him

• Haha
Reactions: 9
niomi has friends and family to wipe away her tears,
niomi had duck all interest in her followers before joe binned her off, but now she can reply to every single one 🙂
these vulnerable posts are scattered between sponsored posts and posts about her own product line, so this is her business account or her private account?
is she looking for friends or is she looking for sales.
she hasn’t told her followers what’s happened in her private life, they don’t deserve that, but they are welcome to chats about her periods and selfies of her crying...

it’s so bizarre and at the same time brilliant, let them think you’re their “friend” as they enter that credit card number at checkout.
Well said, it's enough to look at comments under older videos and never any replies, even nicest, most supportive comments were ignored. People appreciate consistency.
Also I wouldn't put too much thought into why she's choosing to talk about full moon, periods etc. - it's because she's paid to, it's a business strategy adjusted to the current situation. Bottom line, it's all about the bottom line! I do admire her having the guts to cash in on such a tough time, I wouldn't be able to, I think. But, it also shows me she's not as vulnerable as she's presenting herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It won't let me quote but I agree with @GretchenWieners if Niomi is considered flabby then I'm considered obese!

Catching up on this thread with a cup of feel new tea, thanks to the person who said it helps with cramps 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Yel

Ehh, this makes me uncomfy, there's an entitledness here I don't think is justified. I get she has capitalised off of her relationship, but that's what influencers do, they capitalise off of the more "interesting" parts of their life. I don't think this means that she is somehow morally obliged to tell people when she goes through a breakup etc, I mean, come on now. Going through a breakup is really bleeping hard, the last thing she needs right now, regardless what you think of her, is a load of teenagers on her Instagram becoming involved and sharing their opinions.

With any YouTuber / IG influencer, I do think there has to be a certain acceptance that they can share whatever they want to share. I'm happy to hear if you feel very strongly otherwise, but I'm interested where you say that because people have 'bought into' her life, they are owed an explanation. If watching ads on someones video and liking their IG posts suddenly means you've bought into their life and now must be entitled to their personal woes, then I guess I'm wrong?

Genuinely not picking a fight, just really taken aback by this and interested in sharing thoughts.
But that's not what I said at all. No one is entitled to anything and she's not obliged to do anything. But I get why her viewers are interested in the demise of her relationship seeing as she's shared so much of it and they feel vested in it.

Reactions: 11
I'm on the fence about this one. On the one hand, everyone, including celebrities and influencers, has a right to choose what they keep private. But on the other hand, when you monetize and exploit your personal life for views and to gain sympathy and sell stuff, well, then, how do you draw a line at some things?

Niomi is very clearly leveraging her breakup for views and engagement and maybe buzz for her skincare brand. And fair enough, why shouldn't your engagement's breakup be used for other kinds of engagement? But then, she needs to at some point spell it out for fans and give at least a brief statement. She doesn't need to do a 60 min rant (although I'd appreciate it). And the reason why she should give some sort of statement is because she herself made the relationship something that's up for discussion. So now she can't say it isn't to be talked about, she made it so.

On the topic of the closing door and the person of the stairs... maybe it's a cleaning staff person? I mean, Rosanna has money, maybe she has a person that comes some days of the week even when they're away.

Reactions: 14
Tell you what, her SmartSkin is heading to be one big flop. She has 1.5M followers on Insta, she directly asked them all to follow and just 7,500 have done it? Car crash ahead.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
On the topic of the closing door and the person of the stairs... maybe it's a cleaning staff person? I mean, Rosanna has money, maybe she has a person that comes some days of the week even when they're away.
I was thinking it might be a cleaner too, but I would looooove if it was:
A. Freddie
B. Jim Chapman
C. Marcus

What a wild ride any of those would be 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Well said, it's enough to look at comments under older videos and never any replies, even nicest, most supportive comments were ignored. People appreciate consistency.
This is what bothers me as well. No doubt as soon as she starts feeling better she'll completely stop replying to comments as well. She's using her audience for comfort and will go back to ignoring them as soon as she no longer needs them. She can't do that and then complain when they ask for something back in return.

Reactions: 20
It won't let me quote but I agree with @GretchenWieners if Niomi is considered flabby then I'm considered obese!

Catching up on this thread with a cup of feel new tea, thanks to the person who said it helps with cramps 😅
Ditto, many of us are far from perfect, that's just life. But have you trademarked your name, your 'healthy' lifestyle, your pinterest inspired recipes, your smart living apartment etc? Once you start making money (more than decent 💰) on something, you put yourself in the position to be evaluated and commented on. She has a nice looking body but putting into the equation what she eats and how much she exercises, it leads to the conclusion that she's doing something wrong that could have negative effects in the long run and maybe shouldn't be promoted all over the internet.

Reactions: 11
This is what bothers me as well. No doubt as soon as she starts feeling better she'll completely stop replying to comments as well. She's using her audience for comfort and will go back to ignoring them as soon as she no longer needs them. She can't do that and then complain when they ask for something back in return.
Tbh, I know she’s saying she’s using the comments and followers for support, but I think she’s actually only replying to get what looks like more engagement on her posts. If she replies to them all then obv there’s double the number of comments than if she didn’t reply. Maybe too cynical but 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
My view on this.
niomi and joe are 10000000% entitled to privacy.

but when you’re posting images of yourself crying,
leaving comments and replies and making posts that suggest things aren't good in your life,
at times alluding to what could have been an emotionally abusive relationship (finally putting myself first etc)
inviting your audience into these very intimate parts of your life.

but at the same time not giving them the full story to base their opinion on, you’re manipulating your audience for your gain.

keep it all off line or allow your viewers to know what’s going on.

but right now shes actually sharing too much, and at the same time nothing 🤷‍♀️
All for her own gain.
what if she was actually the one in the wrong, or neither were 🤷‍♀️
we really should know nothing about this, but they’ve invite us into their relationship, and now she’s throw crumbs about the breakup 🤷‍♀️ It’s very, very bizarre

• Heart
Reactions: 44
My view on this.

leaving comments and replies and making posts that suggest things aren't good in your life,
at times alluding to what could have been an emotionally abusive relationship (finally putting myself first etc)

but at the same time not giving them the full story to base their opinion on, you’re manipulating your audience for your gain.

All for her own gain.
It's a bit unfortunate if these are her 'true colors'.

Reactions: 8
Ditto, many of us are far from perfect, that's just life. But have you trademarked your name, your 'healthy' lifestyle, your pinterest inspired recipes, your smart living apartment etc? Once you start making money (more than decent 💰) on something, you put yourself in the position to be evaluated and commented on. She has a nice looking body but putting into the equation what she eats and how much she exercises, it leads to the conclusion that she's doing something wrong that could have negative effects in the long run and maybe shouldn't be promoted all over the internet.
No I totally agree that it's weird she promotes herself as a fitness guru and has no muscles, etc. Just was surprised to read the word "flabby" in relation to Niomi!

Reactions: 4
My view on this.

All for her own gain.
what if she was actually the one in the wrong, or neither were 🤷‍♀️
we really should know nothing about this, but they’ve invite us into their relationship, and now she’s throw crumbs about the breakup 🤷‍♀️ It’s very, very bizarre
Accurate.

Also reminds me of attention-seeking people who post about being sad and when people ask what's wrong, reply with "I don't want to talk about it." :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 27
They’re both incredibly boring so I always assumed Joey left her for some boring, stereotypical reason that boring men use when they up and leave someone.

Like a lot of men, I am sure he was fascinated by her appearance, she’s got that perfect cutesy-pretty wife/girlfriend vibe a lot of men idealize. As others mentioned earlier on in this discussion, being forced to live with her for a couple of months and whatever illusions he had of who she was were shattered. Who knows what he thought she was before lockdown, or even what was going through his head. Men are raised to be decisive so I imagine he just acted on his doubts, woke up one morning with a changed mind and decided this wasn’t for him. I have heard way too many stories like this of men kissing you and loving you one day and then the next week he’s telling you he doesn’t love you anymore but won’t tell you why no matter how much you ask, because deep down they don’t know either but are just going with their gut.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.