Niomi Smart #50 Insulting a culture, one day at a time

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
LOl wow.. also you're not that young Forky, just saying.

View attachment 1644307
You look young.. so be selfish and do what’s right for you.

You’ve got years ahead of you and the best time to prioritise yourself is in your early 20s.

Can’t neglect your own happiness for someone else’s when you’re that young.

So.. according to Bradley the Wise Man, you can do these things only when you’re young (whatever that means)? And at some point, it’s too late to do what’s right for you, prioritize yourself or your happiness? Yeah, sure, it totally makes sense 🤦🏻‍♀️ whatever you say.

I still don’t get why people think he’s an expert in love life.. unless he’s sending these questions to himself.

Reactions: 24
Wow, this is so wrong. Whatever his opinion is, he really shouldn’t share it on social media.

1665563475775.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
What do you say when you can't defend your opinion - "everyone is entitled to an opinion". God he's so arrogant. He also seems to have such a negative opinion on women / relationships, that they hold you back somehow? When in reality, if you choose the right partner, you will thrive. By his logic "don't listen to someone's knowledge on business when they themselves don't have a business". Well please no one take his advice on what a successful relationship entails when he himself isn't in one.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Controversial but I agree with forky in part. The liberal arts is just as important as earning money / being able to support yourself financially. There is nothing like a course with an excellent syllabus of books to read which I think even he would understand and appreciate as he curates workouts for a living. I have a friend who puts together syllabi (is that right?) for a living and it’s a skill. He has a huge store of knowledge to draw upon and build out class curriculums. However, not everyone is built the same and can benefit from the structure of university life. Also the cost is outrageous for some schools. Still it is short sighted for bradley to encourage people to bypass those years that set them up to have their lives greatly enriched. Four years is not a lot of time in the grand scheme of things.

Reactions: 15
Interesting thst many cultures believe that University is a one size fits all solution to the 'what will I do with the rest of my life?'. Many people have no idea at 18 what life path they want to follow but there is often pressure to make a firm decision at such a young age.

Developing critical thinking skills is definitely a plus in all sorts of future scenarios. BUT so is money management and a whole host of life/soft skills. A vocational route can be a grest path to take but certainly in the UK there is still a stigma attached to this choice.

Germany has always been a world leader in vocational training with the result that for eg. their engineering training is world class and is highly respected. Singapore adopted their model when upskilling their workforce.

Incurring huge student debt is a terrifying prospect for many young people and often for what outcome? I don't think any parent or guardian has the right to apply that 'go to uni' pressure!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I partially agree with Forky to be honest, with the new fees here it’s 50k at least for an undergraduate degree. But obviously these days most jobs require ‘a degree’ so young people are over a barrel really. Anyway given what we’ve seen of Forky’s literacy and critical thinking skills I think it’s less a progressive educational stance and more that he couldn’t get into a university tbh.

Reactions: 28
Interesting thst many cultures believe that University is a one size fits all solution to the 'what will I do with the rest of my life?'. Many people have no idea at 18 what life path they want to follow but there is often pressure to make a firm decision at such a young age.

Developing critical thinking skills is definitely a plus in all sorts of future scenarios. BUT so is money management and a whole host of life/soft skills. A vocational route can be a grest path to take but certainly in the UK there is still a stigma attached to this choice.

Germany has always been a world leader in vocational training with the result that for eg. their engineering training is world class and is highly respected. Singapore adopted their model when upskilling their workforce.

Incurring huge student debt is a terrifying prospect for many young people and often for what outcome? I don't think any parent or guardian has the right to apply that 'go to uni' pressure!
There are more options than just uni or no uni though, like apprenticeships or combined models with theoretical and practical work. Forky makes it sound like any sort of training is a bad idea. I'm sure he doesn't know anyone who benefited from university because he doesn't have any friends who went (except for Niomi, on whom anything is wasted). He's so dense it's embarrassing.

• Sick
Reactions: 19
NOW she is ready to be an ambassador 😒 because its at a fancy event. People are dying. But yea drink your champaign and have your small talks on a fancy table whilst carefully curating your timeline. Be careful not to be too negative (aka real) you may loose followers.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
I agree with him when he says:
1665575782193.jpeg

I went to business school, had to pay 5 x €8,000 and ended up having a job I don’t really enjoy, with some difficulty finding it. I feel like I’ve been scammed, because in some fields, there is an indoctrination that going to uni gives you a high-paying job, when in fact, students take on a huge debt with no assurance that their efforts will yield them a job/lucrative job. It’s just insane how bad the investment is, as you literally throw money away.

As he said, if you have entrepreneurial skills, you may build a career without going to uni (many of my classmates already had their businesses and only went to business school to please their parents by making sure they have a degree), but it’s still a tricky topic and I’m not sure he should give advice on that.

NOW she is ready to be an ambassador 😒 because its at a fancy event. People are dying. But yea drink your champaign and have your small talks on a fancy table whilst carefully curating your timeline. Be careful not to be too negative (aka real) you may loose followers.
BULLSHIT. BULLSHIT EVERYWHERE.

1665578098670.jpeg

After the backlash she got a few weeks ago where people asked her to speak or remove the ambassador @womenforwomenuk part from her bio, she really has some nerve to attend this lunch and put it in stories, like nothing happened. She just sat here, having a free meal, taking photos and probably selfies, even being paid?, but will NEVER do anything to help and support women, because it’s all about NiomiforNiomi. F*ck off Niomi, you and your hypocrisy.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 28
To gain insight into how the conflicts happening around the world affect women? Just read the news and use your brain. I can't believe she doesn't know the most basic tit and isn't ashamed to say so. I mean, you can even get a pretty good gist by looking at random influencers' stories, everything is shared so much nowadays. Friends and colleagues discuss the situation of women in Iran, Ukraine, Afghanistan, Africa, etc. etc. daily, these subjects are pretty hard to ignore and much too important. Several people I know are actively helping in certain areas or projects. What kind of bubble do you have to live in to not know about topics like these? Asking for a friend, I'm sure it's nice to feel so unburdened and carefree.

Reactions: 24
Seriously, Jimmy Choo? Slip Silk?? What noble women they are at Women for Women #sponsoredcaring 🙄

03B4A6D4-5FEB-4775-A81B-B857ACDB93FB.png

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
So is she actually going to promote any women's causes on her page? Of course not, she is white, dumb, rich Niomi and the suffering and struggles of others exist to 'inspire' HER.

Reactions: 18
I can confirm she won’t do anything.

1665579279406.jpeg

So, she needed a free lunch to learn that we are all human 🤔 seriously, who the f*ck is she kidding? Sorry Niomi, but there’s nothing we can do for you, you’re truly a lost cause.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
Forky, like many people, is misunderstanding the point of a degree. Unless the degree qualifies you to do something, its purpose is to expand your academic knowledge. It's a personal development exercise. For someone who seems to be all about personal development, he seems to be forgetting that it's not just about your body.

Universities are partly to blame for the idea that degree = good job (I work at one, so I should know 😆). When you charge so much for something, you have to justify its worth somehow, and the only way seems to be suggesting that the degree will magically make you qualified for work/it will pay for itself in the long term. It might not. It's an awful shame that so many people are priced out of gaining subject knowledge and the enjoyment/intellectual progress that can come with it. I think uni should be a heck of a lot cheaper. We should be more honest about people are and aren't 'buying.'

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I agree with him when he says:
View attachment 1644901

I went to business school, had to pay 5 x €8,000 and ended up having a job I don’t really enjoy, with some difficulty finding it. I feel like I’ve been scammed, because in some fields, there is an indoctrination that going to uni gives you a high-paying job, when in fact, students take on a huge debt with no assurance that their efforts will yield them a job/lucrative job. It’s just insane how bad the investment is, as you literally throw money
The problem isn’t university, the problem is right wing political parties (Tories, Republicans, etc) do not want education for the masses hence the enormous fees. If people develop critical thinking skills, their voter base shrinks massively.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
I think the main reason that Niomi wants to do a podcast is because she's lazy, and someone will set the whole thing up for her and she will just show up and talk, say a lot of words without saying anything, the usual. It's clear that even filming a YT video is just too much effort for her, IG stories are considered "work" now.. so she think she can do less and still get $ with the podcast.
And thinks it’s so on brand for her since she probably believes she is “the photo of resilience” 🤣🤣

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.