Niomi Smart #5 Onwards, upwards, but not Woodwards

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Joe liked Niomi's PB cooking to the extent of the fact that it was PB cooking; it appealed to his vanity. He once attempted to be a model, remember, and most of his insta posts about Niomi go on about how beautiful and gorgeous she is. I reckon that's why he put up with her more controlling and judgemental behaviour around food--he saw her as the authority. Not a good power distribition for an adult relationship, not when he could not equally be the authority on anything (except working late, cough cough).

They seemed to cook together a lot in vlogs; a lot of their relationship was centered around food at a very macro level. She, the teacher and he, the (gormless but willing) student. Analysis of everything they ate. How utterly exhausting. She at least had time for this, but he didn't. Not until lockdown. Then you realise how much mental space it takes up and how depressing it is if you have a normally healthy attitude towards food.
Yup exactly. It’s how so many people get away with it, especially now since vegan, gluten free, ‘clean’ foods are so part of our mainstream culture, anyone can hide behind it and they often become the ‘authority’ on health in, for example, an office or family or relationship. Everyone says “oh Niomi (or whoever) is the healthy one ha ha” and at most they might make jokes about how they themselves are so ~bad... and if it feels like they can’t keep up with Niomi/Healthy Person then it’s just because that person is just too good and committed and healthy, to the point where it seems absurd to consider them the unhealthy one.

Reactions: 7
Speaking of Niomi drinking I'm sure she got gifted vodka in her PO box and said she really wanted to get into drinking only straight vodka because it "looks sophisticated". Surely nothing to do with calories...
Yeah the drunks that gather around kiosks in the Balkans also drink it straight up because it matches their esthetics! 😂😂😂
Don't think promoting vodka and healthy living really go together

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She also works out to give her something to do and delude herself into thinking she’s busy. She was waxing on and on about how proud she was to wake up early and be in a secret club of people who also wake early. Only she doesn’t realize those people are actually going to work.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Jesus f***k. This tit is so addictive. I'm not even following her much and only couple of videos... But this is so much fun. I can't stop reading this 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
She also works out to give her something to do and delude herself into thinking she’s busy. She was waxing on and on about how proud she was to wake up early and be in a secret club of people who also wake early. Only she doesn’t realize those people are actually going to work.
Wasn’t there some vlog a couple years ago where she was saying she was shocked how many people were up walking the London streets and on transit at like 7:30am and people were like “Niomi... they’re going to work”. Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 64
Comments like that make me think she's a bit dim...like who on earth is that removed from reality?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Wasn’t there some vlog a couple years ago where she was saying she was shocked how many people were up walking the London streets and on transit at like 7:30am and people were like “Niomi... they’re going to work”. Lol.
yes i remember this! do you think she's ever had a job where she has to turn up somewhere? i feel like she went straight into this, and her fam are rich so she probs got an allowance during uni.

side note: this thread is so much fun, and constantly moving! such a TREAT!!

Comments like that make me think she's a bit dim...like who on earth is that removed from reality?
yeah she's definitely got that rich dim out of touch thing going on. she's probs never had working class friends

Reactions: 20
It's pretty rare for people to get married in January or October in the UK. The vast majority of people go for summer weddings. It's too risky otherwise for the weather, even our summers are unpredictable 😂. Weekday weddings are slowly becoming more common too as venues are cheaper.

Reactions: 8
Never having worked a day could do that!
I get up at 4.30 for work to catch the 6 am train, it does feel like a club but nobody is vlogging for sure 😩

Reactions: 16
yes i remember this! do you think she's ever had a job where she has to turn up somewhere? i feel like she went straight into this, and her fam are rich so she probs got an allowance during uni.

side note: this thread is so much fun, and constantly moving! such a TREAT!!

yeah she's definitely got that rich dim out of touch thing going on. she's probs never had working class friends
I think she worked at Kurt Gieger (?) during uni days, as a shop assistant

Reactions: 7
Hello everyone! This is my first post, I had to make an account after reading Niomi’s thread since the breakup :LOL:

I am sad for them as it wasn’t long ago they were setting up in India but they quite clearly were never well suited. I think they will both be a lot happier apart as their personalities just didn’t seem to click. He seems to be a funny outgoing guy but his sparkle went since being with Niomi. Poor guy must’ve been perpetually hungry!!

Reactions: 10
Hey, just so you know this wasn't aimed at anyone in particular - I honestly don't remember who said what! So I'm sorry if it seemed like targeting you because genuinely I don't know what you said or not. I agree Joe seems good at cooking, likes cooking etc, but remember some of these comments she's made are while he is cooking anyway - like the burgers. When you live together it's not like he can just go and make food without her noticing tbh, someone in a previous thread commented how it seemed he was hiding behind a cupboard door to get some crisps out for example. Also, I get where you're coming from re putting his foot down but I don't think she started off this controlling, people never do because others would run a mile! If you went on a date with her making all those food comments most people wouldn't go back. She's ramped it up over time with lockdown being the peak opportunity to control what he eats and how much. To me the comments like 'he's a big man who can eat what he wants' fundamentally misunderstand the nature of both eating disorders and controlling behaviour (again not aimed at you as it doesn't seem to be you that said them!) I'm so sorry you've been affected by EDs, my husband had bulimia which was very hard to get any GPs to take seriously and affected me greatly so I know how difficult it is. 💓

No worries - I just hoped I did not offend anyone with my post! Hope your husband is better now - and that you are doing well! 💓

It's so sad to me, that he had to hide things like this from her. He should feel free around the food and eating. Weirdly I have a feeling that she did not have bad intentions with her controlling ways because in her mind this seems healthy - and she wanted him to be healthy, and whatnot. Hope she will someday reflect her behavior and get help - but if you do not have anyone to "push" you to do it, it can be hard.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think Niomi has a recipe which is mac and cheese made with butternut squash and nutritional yeast or something? It looks and sounds so gross, there are so many vegan cheese options now it’s kinda wild to be sprinkling yeast on your food
Ok people are going to hate me, but I actually have her cookbook and this recipe is actually delicious. So are many others in the book. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Ok people are going to hate me, but I actually have her cookbook and this recipe is actually delicious. So are many others in the book. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Really?! Does it actually taste like mac and cheese? I don’t know about any others in the book, some of her food used to look quite nice

Reactions: 1
Thank god I am not the only one! I highly doubt the recipes were developed by herself but yeah...kinda love this cookbook. It's my secret shame.

Reactions: 13
Really?! Does it actually taste like mac and cheese? I don’t know about any others in the book, some of her food used to look quite nice
It doesn’t taste a thing like Mac and Cheese, but if you think of it as a pasta dish with a creamy sauce it’s so good! (Obligatory “my boyfriend loved it too”)

Reactions: 15
It doesn’t taste a thing like Mac and Cheese, but if you think of it as a pasta dish with a creamy sauce it’s so good! (Obligatory “my boyfriend loved it too”)
I think that’s why in my head it seems really gross because I feel like it definitely won’t taste like mac and cheese but I can’t work out what squash and yeast must actually taste like...what other recipes did you like from her book?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.