Niomi Smart #4 where did Joey goey?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember her Birthday vid in lockdown. She mentioned the cake is Vegan. She mentions the wine is completely vegan..twice and the mentions their picnic snacks are plant base. I don't get why everything needs to be classified as vegan. It's like niomi, we know you are vegan! You don't have to give a disclaimer everytime you eat something that it is Vegan. Also their picnic seemed kinda akward like they had nothing to talk about.
She seemed more excited about the vegan picnic food and wine, than spending time with Joey.

Reactions: 8
Why are we talking like he never did anything for her, especially for her career? The man had a camera shoved in his face for several years on every holiday, outing, intimate moments like waking up on weekends. And gradually ate only blandest 'vegan' mini portions of nothing. Had herbal tea for breakfast instead of strong coffee etc... The guy did everything for the gram to keep her happy 😩 even posed picking fruit lol
If you check his Insta he's more of a jock, likes being with a group of friends, family, eating bacon...
Sacrifices were made on both sides
This is the major point with these ‘lifestyle’ YTers, who have no real skills other than shilling products. Their partners, siblings, parents, all end up as fodder for their channel. Perhaps Joey was thinking ahead to the years of every single aspect of his marriage/future children being filmed and posted online for the world to see. I don‘t blame him for bailing out on that.

If he cheated, that’s awful, and I have every sympathy for her if so. But if he just decides he wasn’t up for being social media fodder for his bland girlfriend’s dull channel, then fair enough.

Reactions: 15
This is the major point with these ‘lifestyle’ YTers, who have no real skills other than shilling products. Their partners, siblings, parents, all end up as fodder for their channel. Perhaps Joey was thinking ahead to the years of every single aspect of his marriage/future children being filmed and posted online for the world to see. I don‘t blame him for bailing out on that.

If he cheated, that’s awful, and I have every sympathy for her if so. But if he just decides he wasn’t up for being social media fodder for his bland girlfriend’s dull channel, then fair enough.
I understand your point, but he knew all about her lifestyle and career before he proposed, so it's quite unfair if he had expectations that she would change that aspect of her life for him. If he wasn't accepting of her YouTube presence and public life, why propose in the first place?

Reactions: 13

So true, it's a massive sacrifice. But he knew this about her at the beginning though! I wonder if the thought of actually being married forever as a public couple made him tit himself.

Reactions: 3
I understand your point, but he knew all about her lifestyle and career before he proposed, so it's quite unfair if he had expectations that she would change that aspect of her life for him. If he wasn't accepting of her YouTube presence and public life, why propose in the first place?
It probably intensified massively during lockdown. So he went from being able to eat whatever he wanted during a work day and so only having to eat at best one vegan evening meal a day (which is much more tolerable for someone not vegan by choice) to having to eat like that constantly. Also, to keep up any decent lockdown content he must’ve been heavily involved in what Niomi was doing and he was in all the videos etc and maybe took on the role of photographer that she no longer had access to, had to do things she wanted him to to make good content, etc. I would say it looks more like during lockdown it’s Niomi who made him totally change his lifestyle for her and if he got sick of that I really don’t blame him tbh. Maybe it contributed to the break up or maybe he just tolerated it knowing he would be free of her soon, who knows

Reactions: 12
He probably got tired of her blatant lies too. “India instantly felt like home!” Meanwhile she holed herself up at Soho House and probably gave him tit for working late.

Reactions: 12
Also, maybe I am wrong, but he probaly still felt like he wanted to prove himself career wise. There is nothing wrong with the woman being more successful but he might not want to live in her shadow or his dad shadows forever and might have felt like India is his break?

I remember her Birthday vid in lockdown. She mentioned the cake is Vegan. She mentions the wine is completely vegan..twice and the mentions their picnic snacks are plant base. I don't get why everything needs to be classified as vegan. It's like niomi, we know you are vegan! You don't have to give a disclaimer everytime you eat something that it is Vegan. Also their picnic seemed kinda akward like they had nothing to talk about.
THIS.

If I were him I would've just said, 'For pete's sake, woman, let's just proceed on the assumption that everything that passes your lips is vegan unless told otherwise. Now, shurrup, and go and 'pig out' on a (lone) Booja Booja truffle!'.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
So true, it's a massive sacrifice. But he knew this about her at the beginning though! I wonder if the thought of actually being married forever as a public couple made him tit himself.
I do wonder if the ‘intensity’ of lockdown brought underlying things to the surface. A relationship with a superficially successful YouTuber might have looked glam from the outside, but years of being used as a prop for her channel alongside her obvious issues around food and I’d have had enough, too.

I agree he shouldn’t have proposed, but people get engaged for all sorts of stupid reasons (e.g. we’ve been together for X years, so I ‘owe’ it to them), and he doesn’t seem like the sharpest tool in the box.

A lot of people say the traits you adore in someone at the beginning of a relationship are the ones you find most irritating at the end. Joe could’ve been attracted to this super healthy, active, polite and well spoken women who was ready to adapt to his lifestyle/family/career plans and thought perfect! But then for the first time in their *overall* very privileged lives, they had to face some tough times out of their control and, contrary to what Niomi says, it just didn’t make them stronger. Now the smoothie bowls are shite, the10k runs are annoying, her polite and well mannered way is bloody dull and she just wasn’t that compatible to his lifestyle at all. Maybe he just wants someone to eat toast and explore a new country with without it being filmed!

I think he really did want to marry her when he asked and India may have put pressure on it but I’d like to think a grown man didn’t propose out of pressure. I think where some challenges would’ve been the making of a couple, it’s just the opposite for them and unfortunately they got engaged before knowing what storms they could weather.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
There was something definitely off between them during the vlog where she gave a tour of Freddie’s (Lol) flat, they definitely had a row before she left to meet Charlotte. She was on a suppressed rage walking around with her camera making passive aggressive comments about it being boyish, wtf did she expect?! “that picture is the only touch that I’ve added SO FAR, so I think we...might need to...rearrange...” The bang of arrogance. Watch it again with the break up in mind.

Maybe they were going through a rough patch and she sensed that he was gonna call it off before she vlogged the whole “asking Charlotte to be her MOH” thing and just went and did it anyway so that Joe felt he couldn’t back out of it?

Bet he's livid he went to the trouble of putting up her ridiculously oversized spice rack. He was probably looking at the rows upon rows of jars of cumin seeds and ground turmeric, thinking, 'You needn't be getting too cosy in there, pals'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Despite it all, I think in terms of content she will be able to jump on this great opportunity to talk self-care ---> skin-care ---> Smart Skin. It's going to be super boring but I don't think she has thee guts for some "raw and real" content. It will be all vlogs in London about going to pilates in the sky and having chai lattes in her neighbourhood. It's a shame because I think it would speak to her older audience (getting over a long-term relationship etc).

Reactions: 11
This break-up has put her on the map, she was just another tedious lifestyle vegan before this.
Tbf she is still a tedious lifestyle vegan. Only now she’s the jilted tedious lifestyle vegan

• Haha
Agree, I watched it back before . She actually said in it ‘lockdown made them a stronger couple’ - you couldn’t make it up.
You could definitely tell he was Pissed off in that video. Doing all that donkey work moving stuff, while she was having champagne in the park , and then afternoon nap , when back. Because so tired . What she got to be tired from.
thought it very odd she referred to Freddie as a flat mate - maybe trying put him in his place. Trying to be dominant over him.
Anyone else would have just said Freddie living with us , or we are moving in with freddie. Why refer to him as a ‘ flat mate ‘

Bet he's livid he went to the trouble of putting up her ridiculously oversized spice rack. He was probably looking at the rows upon rows of jars of cumin seeds and ground turmeric, thinking, 'You needn't be getting too cosy in there, pals'.
this is such a minor detail but I’ve been watching her old What I Eat videos and in one of them she’s at Joe’s flat. The infamous spice rack is on the wall so I’m guessing he already owned it. So she literally stormed into that apartment and removed every trace of Freddy and Joe and replaced their items with her precious superfoods. 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.